Deleted

Kazzie

That poor girl is what, most of you who are attacking her, many used to be.

what do you mean

We were all dog n00bs at one stage cuz....you learn things with experience and when you are taught, read etc.

When I joined, didn't know jack, got flamed BUT, got a few nice PMs that pointed me in the right direction, ended up getting a purebred Rottweiler from a reputable breeder, as opposed to a BYB job and for that I'm thankful. My friend who knew nothing, also got flamed. Again, a few nice PMs and he was on his was to a purebred AmStaff from a reputable breeder.

I just feel, people here could be a lot nicer to newbies....

Edited by DerRottwelier

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will the OP look after the puppies for their life time?

will she take back any puppies that need to be rehomed?

will she gaurantee their health and pay for any genetic problems that arise?

will she support her puppy buyers?

if not then she is a BYB and should not be encouraged as some of her puppies may end up in the rescue/pound system and some of the puppy owners may face heartache due to the health of their puppies and they may be on their own with no support.

We were all dog n00bs at one stage cuz....you learn things with experience and when you are taught, read etc.

When I joined, didn't know jack, got flamed BUT, got a few nice PMs that pointed me in the right direction, ended up getting a purebred Rottweiler from a reputable breeder, as opposed to a BYB job and for that I'm thankful. My friend who knew nothing, also got flamed. Again, a few nice PMs and he was on his was to a purebred AmStaff from a reputable breeder.

I just feel, people here could be a lot nicer to newbies...

The OP is not a newbie, she's been a member of this forum for over 4 years. Plenty of time to read and learn.

The OP said the litter will be registered. How so? They can't be registered because she's not a registered breeder.

Some pure bred dogs also end up in the rescue and pound system.

Kazzie has felt your collective wrath and removed her posts. Yes, us newbies can be naive coming on here asking for advice from those of you with knowledge. By all means use the opportunity to educate but please do it in a constructive way. Otherwise nothing is really learnt.

Goodness people. She said that if she bred again she would become registered as now she knows better...no need to continue grinding her into the ground.

and she did say she'd take back pups if need be. unfortunately there are some registered breeders who don't do that...

Instead of criticizing her not wanting to pay $7 for bands perhaps you could tell her where that was as she said she thought they were $60

I don't agree with BYB but nasty comments don't help and it is pretty obvious some of you are not actually reading the posts. as others have said...we all have to learn somewhere. just because she signed up 4 years ago doesn't mean she has been active. She doesn't have many posts.

if not then she is a BYB and should not be encouraged as some of her puppies may end up in the rescue/pound system and some of the puppy owners may face heartache due to the health of their puppies and they may be on their own with no support.

There are an awful lot of registered breeders that will not do all or any of these things. They do not pass out halos with a prefix.

Being registered to breed KC dogs does not mean the breeder is is doing all the right things. In a recent post all breeders of a large breed known for HD ED PRA and heart were not doing any health testing and no gaurantees.

Maybe we should worry more about cleaning up our own house?

If we do don't clean it up, it will be done for us by the governement and animal rights people and the Uni.

Anyway back on topic, unregistered breeders are bad bad bad. Now lets see, what did the uni of syd say about breeding dogs outside of the ANKC?? Oh yea they are selling semen from a dog from the pound (just for you J).

She said the dogs are registered - we'll assume they are

She said the litter will be registered - we know they won't be

She said they were health tested - a vet looked them over - not Health Testing as it should be

She said her bitch won't be bred again - well we don't know this...

She lied. She lied to make herself look better. She lied to make herself seem knowledgeable. She lied to make it seem she was doing the right thing.

But long term members are used to people coming in and being sneaky. Used to smelling the crap they try to spin.

Members are under no requirement to help a Back yard Breeder. In fact, to do so is against your agreement to use the forum.

There was no use trying teach Kazzie anything. If she had wanted to learn she would have started years ago when she joined this forum. Or months ago before the pups were conceived. Not after the pups are already breathing.

I don't know why people get their backs up over people in the purebred world supporting and defending what they do.

While you might get more flies with honey, sometimes it's better to use the swat.

O.K. Troll maybe - but Im sorry these pups are already on the ground and there is nothing any of you can do to change that.Chasing her off now with a big stick only makes sure she never ever wants to be one of us and makes anyone else reading this think purebred breeders are a bunch of red necks.How many will pick up that most of the posts come from people who dont breed purebred dogs? If you think that being a registered breeder and having your yellow lab scored before you breed and racing it a round a show ring for a few months autiomatically puts in you a spot where you are giving a crap about the things that need to be done to get it right - BETTER LOOK AGAIN.

Not everyone comes from a background which lets them know all about what needs to be done to get it right and many people who

have gone on to be great breeders started out with mistakes. I get what your goal is but I cant for the life of me see how you hope to gain anything by flogging into someone after the horse has bolted.

There are an awful lot of registered breeders that will not do all or any of these things. They do not pass out halos with a prefix.

Being registered to breed KC dogs does not mean the breeder is is doing all the right things. In a recent post all breeders of a large breed known for HD ED PRA and heart were not doing any health testing and no gaurantees.

Maybe we should worry more about cleaning up our own house?

If we do don't clean it up, it will be done for us by the governement and animal rights people and the Uni.

Anyway back on topic, unregistered breeders are bad bad bad. Now lets see, what did the uni of syd say about breeding dogs outside of the ANKC?? Oh yea they are selling semen from a dog from the pound (just for you J).

I know several very reputable breeders that will not take puppies back or attempt to rehome them for the original adopting parents. I have taken puppies back, asked here for advice or comment on whether or not the original puppy buyer should get a refund in DOLers' opinions and got flamed for not understanding what I was doing.

I have also approached one of the east coasts supposedly more reputable breeders with a puppy enquiry and was told they were expecting a litter of pups in the near future. Was also told the dad was black and mum was gold - note they didnt say yellow.

No breeder should give a 100% guarantee against genetic problems such as hips because as you will all most certainly know - because you are such amazingly expert and know EVERYTHING - environment and nurture can affect these things. All we can do is breed for the best possible outcome and hope for the best.

Regardless of whether this woman was a BYB or just uneducated we have lost the opportunity to educate her to 'more appropriate' approach and if you believe for one moment that bullying and insulting just one Lab BYB is going to make such a huge difference, pick up my local paper from yesterday.

I just feel that you catch more flies with honey and I have read some rather insulting and rude comments on here posted by people I have thougth to be polite and well mannered - and who I might add I had included among my list of friends. Obviously I need to re-assess that list.

Edited by mercedes

I don't know why people get their backs up over people in the purebred world supporting and defending what they do.

While you might get more flies with honey, sometimes it's better to use the swat.

Like Pedigree dogs exposed was a good swat on registered breeders?

I think we need to face reality, there are plenty of bad breeders with a prefix.

Bashing unregistered breeders does nothing to defend or imporve registered breeders that are often doing the same things the accuse the unregistered breeder of doing.

Like Pedigree dogs exposed was a good swat on registered breeders?

I think we need to face reality, there are plenty of bad breeders with a prefix.

Bashing unregistered breeders does nothing to defend or imporve registered breeders that are often doing the same things the accuse the unregistered breeder of doing.

:laugh:

I know several very reputable breeders that will not take puppies back or attempt to rehome them for the original adopting parents.

*nods* It's bloody appalling isn't it?

Yep

There are so many great registered breeders out there, it's unfortunate that not all of them do the right thing by the pups they breed. Not sure what can be done to change that.

I know several very reputable breeders that will not take puppies back or attempt to rehome them for the original adopting parents.

*nods* It's bloody appalling isn't it?

Yep

There are so many great registered breeders out there, it's unfortunate that not all of them do the right thing by the pups they breed. Not sure what can be done to change that.

Promote the ones who do and hope eventually to educate the public and make em change with peer pressure.

By the way - even when I have a Maremma litter where every one looks identical I would never consider spending money on neck bands from a whelping supply place :laugh:

Shame on you! How do you record the weight?

I have never weighed a pup at birth in almost 20 years of breeding so I do not need neck bands. LOL

By the way - even when I have a Maremma litter where every one looks identical I would never consider spending money on neck bands from a whelping supply place :laugh:

Shame on you! How do you record the weight?

I have never weighed a pup at birth in almost 20 years of breeding so I do not need neck bands. LOL

;)