Deleted

Kazzie

most people ask for help before they do the deed, not after.

People who enquire about the process are met with open arms. People who apparently know better and have already done it then get defensive... whats the point.

But I never thought about id bands before and I thought I was pretty ready to register. So it I was and had my first litter and asked this question I would have been crucified and all over a trivial thing. I know she is a BYB but at the start of the thread no one knew and the replys were still harsh.

Newbies who are open to being told where they have gone wrong and indicate that that are ready to change their ways are never crucified. Those who just come here looking for better ways to raise their BYB litters won't find so much help. This one was obvious it was an unregistered litter, nobody pointed it out but you can tell from the first post usually, that is why she isn't getting met with open arms.

That makes sense to those of you who can tell from the word go but for the rest of us who unfortunatly can't, the comments and reception just sounded harsh and unfair and very unwelcoming.

Edited by albanyfdc

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

most people ask for help before they do the deed, not after.

People who enquire about the process are met with open arms. People who apparently know better and have already done it then get defensive... whats the point.

But I never thought about id bands before and I thought I was pretty ready to register. So it I was and had my first litter and asked this question I would have been crucified and all over a trivial thing. I know she is a BYB but at the start of the thread no one knew and the replys were still harsh.

Most people picked it when she said she has 'golden' puppies :rofl: Labs dont come in gold.

Then read between the lines, if most people are posting a certain way then 99% of the time there is a good reason. people can also pick banned members quickly and scammers, you need to trust the old timers on here, their instincts are good. Gold lab was the easy clue on this one, but there were other things in the posts that said BYBer.

If your passion was under threat you'd be a bit sensitive too, it is apathy that is killing the dog world, don't be surprised if some people still want to fight to save it.

Oh dear run for the hills a Gold lab.... gee so many poodle people i know who should be classed as BYB for calling browns Chocolate shold have their membership revoked.... :rofl:

how can one point at someone doing the right thing excpet being a memeber of a dog body, when there are peope who are registered with K9 dog bodies who are puppy farmers and BYB'ers...

Its a wonder poeple are turning to designer/BYB's and puppy farms, they aren't under such strict guidlines, they don't come with contracts, they don't come with the option that the breed can take them back for what ever reason they see fit as being a bad owner...

Im only a member of a dog body so i can show... otherwise they are pointless...

She doesn't want to become a registered breeder, it is naive to think you can change everyone's mind by just talking to them.

How do you know what she wants? Have you had some personal conversation where she told you her deepest desires?

No. Because you have no idea who this person is.

So,

Why doesn't someone list reasons to become registered, and maybe create another loving registered breeder in the future, rather than just making someone else hate purebred dog owners.

She doesn't want to become a registered breeder, it is naive to think you can change everyone's mind by just talking to them.

How do you know what she wants? Have you had some personal conversation where she told you her deepest desires?

So,

Why doesn't someone list reasons to become registered, and maybe create another loving registered breeder in the future, rather than just making someone else hate purebred dog owners.

Someone coming on to whinge about $7 id tags is hardly going to want to pay $300+ to become a registered breeder.

lovemesideways dosn't it bother you when people think your lovely labs are fat/lazy/stupid because mass produced generic labs are sent to homes that feed to much/dont exercise thier dogs/ don't train them that go on to produce more of the same.

So,

She basically said so.

Wow - haven't seen such a bitchy thread on here for some time. With this attitude given out why would someone think it was better to be one of us ??? Deep breaths needed, seriously.

In reply to the op :rofl:.

I use liquid paper on our pups for the first 2 weeks or so - also marking on their sheet which puppy collar they have been assigned. Liquid paper is only toxic if inhaled - in its dry form it is non hazardous. I have never had a bitch worry about it but our girls remove collars, ribbons etc as they want their pups pristine and won't leave any collar on them - after two weeks it seems to be acceptable. I have a marking system which runs boys / girls - top head/left ear/right ear/left neck/right neck etc etc and you only need a tiny dot and it dries in a flash.

Our puppy collars I made years ago - coloured ribbon on webbing with velcro (long before whelping supplies was in existance - though I like those and will probably buy them when I need a new set as it would be cheaper than making them again :)).

Wow - haven't seen such a bitchy thread on here for some time. With this attitude given out why would someone think it was better to be one of us ??? Deep breaths needed, seriously.

In reply to the op :rofl:.

I use liquid paper on our pups for the first 2 weeks or so - also marking on their sheet which puppy collar they have been assigned. Liquid paper is only toxic if inhaled - in its dry form it is non hazardous. I have never had a bitch worry about it but our girls remove collars, ribbons etc as they want their pups pristine and won't leave any collar on them - after two weeks it seems to be acceptable. I have a marking system which runs boys / girls - top head/left ear/right ear/left neck/right neck etc etc and you only need a tiny dot and it dries in a flash.

Our puppy collars I made years ago - coloured ribbon on webbing with velcro (long before whelping supplies was in existance - though I like those and will probably buy them when I need a new set as it would be cheaper than making them again :)).

So you regularly assist dobe BYBers then?

So,

Someone coming on to whinge about $7 id tags is hardly going to want to pay $300+ to become a registered breeder.

lovemesideways dosn't it bother you when people think your lovely labs are fat/lazy/stupid because mass produced generic labs are sent to homes that feed to much/dont exercise thier dogs/ don't train them that go on to produce more of the same.

It certainly does. (They change their minds after meeting my 2 though :) )

But I know Labrador who has bad hip problems and a undershot jaw, he came from a registered breeder.

Many who are overweight, again from registered breeders. A puppy coming from a registered breeder doesn't always mean they're going to be a sound, smart, amazing dog. Or have a owner who doesn't love them a little too much when it comes to the biscuit giving. :rofl:

It also annoys me when someone attacks someone rather than trying to help them. The way I see it, theres a opportunity to possibly educate someone here, rather than just attacking someone.

So,

She basically said so.

So you have no reasons to become registered then?

Many who are overweight, again from registered breeders.

:rofl:

I've learned over the years when to take the time to educate and when it is a waste of time as the person isn't interested. So why do you think puppy farmers still do it, after all, surely people have tried to educate them as well?

I don't see a BYB....??

Someone too the time out to do some health tests, looks after there dog and the puppies, more then i can say out some top breeders in australia... :rofl:

guess once you become a member of ANKC your excluded from becoming a BYB or Puppy farme title... casue they have registered litters..???

Its better to help someone, casue in the end its the dogs that are going to suffer not the person...

I've learned over the years when to take the time to educate and when it is a waste of time as the person isn't interested. So why do you think puppy farmers still do it, after all, surely people have tried to educate them as well?

Doesn't matter where the dog comes from, only takes too much loving and they'll become a barrel. :)

Theres a difference between a puppy farmer, dogs shoved in tiny cages and bred like cattle.

And a person who love their dog, perhaps doesn't understand everything in regards to hip and elbow scores. Bred their bitch once to a purebred male and won't breed her again.

Doesn't matter where the dog comes from, only takes too much loving and they'll become a barrel. :)

Theres a difference between a puppy farmer, dogs shoved in tiny cages and bred like cattle.

And a person who love their dog, perhaps doesn't understand everything in regards to hip and elbow scores. Bred their bitch once to a purebred male and won't breed her again.

Then what gave you the idea that she wants to be a registered breeder, because even you have now said she said she won't be breeding again. Proved my point.

Nothing worthwhile is ever a waste of time. Chasing a newbie out isn't worthwhile - it's not going to help the current litter, it's not going to help future litters and it certainly isn't going to help purebred dogs!

Think on this: the people who changed their opinions here are the ones who stuck around, maybe they were smart and kept their mouths shut long enough to learn the ropes, maybe they just didn't happen upon a controversial topic while they were still new, but it's not often someone comes back after a thorough flaming right at the start.

Then what gave you the idea that she wants to be a registered breeder, because even you have now said she said she won't be breeding again. Proved my point.

I said she won't be breeding this girl again. She stated her idea that if in the future she does decide to breed her next dog, she would like to become registered. For her own peace of mind if nothing else.