Deleted

Kazzie

Oh great, there she goes, one more person who thinks registered breeders are elitist snobs.

no one more BYB who can't be bothered doing it properly

And now she won't ever be. Well done.

well as you believe every word she said you should also believe she was only ever going to have the one litter.

Why would I start a conversation assuming the other person is lying? I mean, it makes no sense to me to do that.

All I know is that I don't bother referring people to DOL anymore unless they're already registered dog converts. If they're not, then the reception they get on DOL won't persuade them to change their views, it will only reinforce any prejudices they already have against registered breeders. And I think that is sad. I think the Australian registered dog community are losing a huge opportunity to influence the people who are able to be influenced, by assuming that every non registered breeder or puppy buyer who visits this site has malicious intent & deserves to be roasted.

That's all I have to say about it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am happy to see people making an attempt to breed responsibly. Obviously it would be great if every dog breeder did everything 100% right. But even registered breeders don't always x-ray their breeding stock, there was a thread about it earlier today.

In labs litters cant be registered unless scores have been done

And it doesn't matter how bad those scores are so long as they have been done.

This site sometimes puts me off becoming a registered breeder. Some of the people here give registered breeders a bad name and I wouldn't want to be lumped in that category.

Why? Because they refuse to support people who are destroying the breeds that they are working so hard to preserve and improve?

:rofl:

I was just going to say that I bought some of the ID collars from Whelping supplies and they are very good. Much easier than what I did last time withribbons and braids. These have adjustable velcro so you can make them bigger as they grow and I'll be able to use them when I have my next litter in about 2 years time :rofl:

I am happy to see people making an attempt to breed responsibly. Obviously it would be great if every dog breeder did everything 100% right. But even registered breeders don't always x-ray their breeding stock, there was a thread about it earlier today.

In labs litters cant be registered unless scores have been done

And it doesn't matter how bad those scores are so long as they have been done.

Yes that is true BUT they still have to be done

I wouldn't like a bitch licking liquid paper off her pups.. it's toxic.

Its dry and I have never had a problem with the bitches licking it off, they never seem to touch it unlike when I tried ribbons etc which some of my bitches tried to get off. It dries instantly with a little blow unlike most nail polish which some use. I've always used it and so has my mother, with no problems so far and our prefix is over 30 years old now. Like I said it dries quick. We put it on out of the whelping box, it's dry before they go into the whelping box and our bitches don't lick it off or even seem to notice we have put it on. Our vets have seen us do this to all our litters and have never commented that we are putting our Bitches or puppies at risk

Each to their own I guess

Cheers Lee

This site sometimes puts me off becoming a registered breeder. Some of the people here give registered breeders a bad name and I wouldn't want to be lumped in that category.

Why? Because they refuse to support people who are destroying the breeds that they are working so hard to preserve and improve?

No because I'm not perfect and may make mistakes but according to this site that is a big no no, and if I did and asked for help I'd be crucified.

Why, because they refuse to contribute to more unregistered non health tested litters giving registered breeders a bad name, not to mention dogs that may end up in pain?

most people ask for help before they do the deed, not after.

People who enquire about the process are met with open arms. People who apparently know better and have already done it then get defensive... whats the point.

No because I'm not perfect and may make mistakes but according to this site that is a big no no, and if I did and asked for help I'd be crucified.

That's not true at all. There is so much valuable advice and an imense amount of support on these forums for registered breeders.

you obviously don't read the breeders forum very much, plenty of questions (mistakes too) there and good sound advice

People who enquire about the process are met with open arms. People who apparently know better and have already done it then get defensive... whats the point.

But I never thought about id bands before and I thought I was pretty ready to register. So it I was and had my first litter and asked this question I would have been crucified and all over a trivial thing. I know she is a BYB but at the start of the thread no one knew and the replys were still harsh.

most registered breeders SHOULD find themselves a mentor or ask their dogs breeder for advice. That is how knowledge is passed on and proper procedure is followed from conception to sale to ensure the health, wellbeing and ethics for the dogs involved.

Trust me you can tell unregistered breeders a mile away. Dont know the colour is a BIG hint.

Edited by Nekhbet

you obviously don't read the breeders forum very much, plenty of questions (mistakes too) there and good sound advice

So I'd be crucified here but not the breeders one it shouldn't matter where I post a topic.

An unregistered (but apparently planned) litter is a pretty big mistake. This forum does not support BYB. Never has and never will.

But I never thought about id bands before and I thought I was pretty ready to register. So it I was and had my first litter and asked this question I would have been crucified and all over a trivial thing. I know she is a BYB but at the start of the thread no one knew and the replys were still harsh.

Newbies who are open to being told where they have gone wrong and indicate that that are ready to change their ways are never crucified. Those who just come here looking for better ways to raise their BYB litters won't find so much help. This one was obvious it was an unregistered litter, nobody pointed it out but you can tell from the first post usually, that is why she isn't getting met with open arms.

The bands on whelping supplies didn't have enought colours as I have 12 pups. I was going to buy the bands that had the numbers with them as well but it was going to cost me over $60 plus postage.

Each batch of 14 bands, includes 7 different colours for easy visual identification.

Each band has a unique code number printed on it.

This removes the risk of mis-identifying different wearers

Each band is 26.5cm long

Cost: A set of 14 - 2 of each colour is $7 including postage.

:rofl:

So I'd be crucified here but not the breeders one it shouldn't matter where I post a topic.

I didn't say that at all but if that's the way you want to take it be my guest.

What I was saying was the breeders forum has a lot of advice etc on it and yes people talk about their mistakes on it. What they would do differently or better the next time.

It does matter where you post if you want informed answers, this area is for general topics, if you have a particular topic in mind it is best to post in the appropriate forum to get the most informed answers. You can post breeders questions here but it doesn't mean you would get as many answers then if you had posted in the Breeders forum. Many people stick to one or two forums, some never venture into, say rescue or puppy.