Things Exhibitors Should Know

Ceilidh

When you send an entry for a baby puppy with no rego number, PLEASE don't wait for the show sec or cataloguer to ring you, as soon as you get it ring yourself. You CANNOT show a baby puppy in NSW if you don't have the rego number, it isn't supposed to be put in the catalogue.

NO staples!

Check your entry forms regularly to make sure they are correct.

If you cannot write legibly then type or order pre typed forms, they are NOT that expensive.

Don't be miserly with your envelopes, sheesh, once again they are not THAT expensive! If they are getting old and YOU have to use sticky tape then don't send me one of them. Also if you enter 6 dogs in a 3 day show one SMALL envelope is pushing the friendship!

Keep a record of what you entered in which class, I mean REALLY is it that hard!

dont sticky tape your coins to the front of the entry form (hehe, like this one)

Make sure you put an 'A' on the class number for bitches

If you have anything you would like to add to this list please feel free to post.

OK, got that off the chest :laugh:

Edited by Ceilidh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you send an entry for a baby puppy with no rego number, PLEASE don't wait for the show sec or cataloguer to ring you, as soon as you get it ring yourself. You CANNOT show a baby puppy in NSW if you don't have the rego number, it isn't supposed to be put in the catalogue.

NO staples!

Check your entry forms regularly to make sure they are correct.

If you cannot write legibly then type or order pre typed forms, they are NOT that expensive.

Don't be miserly with your envelopes, sheesh, once again they are not THAT expensive! If they are getting old and YOU have to use sticky tape then don't send me one of them. Also if you enter 6 dogs in a 3 day show one SMALL envelope is pushing the friendship!

Keep a record of what you entered in which class, I mean REALLY is it that hard!

dont sticky tape your coins to the front of the entry form (hehe, like this one)

If you have anything you would like to add to this list please feel free to post.

OK, got that off the chest :D

:laugh::laugh::o Ceilidh someone has really got up your nose. :p

Baby puppies can be entered in Vic with rego pending.

It was very nice to get my entry returned from the Southern REgions show with a little hand-written note on the back of the envelope saying "Thank you for supporting our show".

Though of course that has nothing to do with "Things exhibitors should know". :laugh:

It was very nice to get my entry returned from the Southern REgions show with a little hand-written note on the back of the envelope saying "Thank you for supporting our show".

Though of course that has nothing to do with "Things exhibitors should know". :laugh:

Why was your entry returned?

For show secs- can you please cash the cheque within a reasonable time frame and NOT the week before or in 3 cases, the week after the show??

I know you're busy working hard behind the scenes but constantly worrying that I don't have enough money in my cheque account drives me mad!!!

I had the same note on the back of mine and it made me smile.

Things to know - if you go to the steward to advise one of your dogs is absent take their number with you to hand in. A steward bit my head off recently for not doing that and I had no idea I was supposed to, I'm not usually there if they are scratched.

Edited by Diva

I would really like to enter a reply in this thread but I am too tired and it would comeout all wrong....so all I will say is be thankful that your show gets entries and not all caught up in the few errors you receive :(

I would really like to enter a reply in this thread but I am too tired and it would comeout all wrong....so all I will say is be thankful that your show gets entries and not all caught up in the few errors you receive :(

Would be nice if it was few but sadly you would be very surprised how many entries come in that are wrong.yes i stuffed up but after being a treasurer for 8 yrs & on a club that held big shows you could start to go nuts after awhile & the problem also is the same offenders who stuff there entries are the same ones who abuse you at the show when the dogs are catalogued wrong because it is "our fault" not because there entries are wrong.

I gave up after 8 yrs as treasurer & 6 yrs prior as committee because of the abuse & lack of respect you get by a small few