Matching You Leads To Breeds

Mandalay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feargal the Foxie is a rich tan and white and he was shown on a tan lead with green and gold beads with a gold fine chain. Finn the Foxie is black and white and is shown on a black fine chain with a black lead with white and silver beads. Delta the blue roan cocker was shown on a silver chain with black lead and red and silver beads but has now inherited her father's rig which is a black chain with black lead and gold fleck and gold beads, so classy!

I tend to be both ways. Sometimes I match lead to dog or lead to outfit. Does it really matter :thumbsup: I love to have bling on my leads. I have always just shown my tri colour cav on a black lead and my blenheim cav on a white lead. Then I got curious about the beaded bling leads, and started looking around for some nice ones. I couldn't find anything I like so I decided to make my own. It is still a work in progress and so far have used a few different combinations and have had some comments on the bling :wave: I have just made a white paracord lead with gold crystal and metal beads on a Jewellers link gold chain for my Blenheim boy for his first time in the ring as Neuter. I do agree that too much bling can be distracting, but the right amount can be just so classy. The girl I am showing I have run her on Pink paracord with pink glass crystal and silver metal beads with silver chain, but have just finished off a pink lead with pink and gold beads with a gold chain. Most of the time I wear a grey skirt with whatever colour top I feel like. :o

I match leads to outfits :thumbsup: or I just pick a colour that I like and go with that.

I have pink and silver on a Stafford, she has several leads and they are all pink and all have bling.

Another Stafford has a silver check chain and black lead

I also have several Stafford collar and lead sets in black and brass and black and silver

The Whippets, I'm not fussed what colour they have, Macey has a white lead and Sessy has a black one.

The Pointers had leads in every colour.

It's more about the weight of the lead and it being suitable for the individual dog or bitch

West Highland White Terrier - i use a white lead with coloured beads to match my outfit... I thought I could get away with any coloured lead, but it distracts away from the neck line and instead of looking blended looked choppy, so stuck with white cord.

I try and match lead to outfit, or just colours I like.

From a judging perspective - I cannot recall one single lead from my judging last weekend. I am so focused on the dog, I dont see the lead or the handler.

Holly (red merle) has a red/orange/brown/white leather plated lead with minimal beading and a gold check chain.

Bree (black tri) has a black and gold leather collar/lead.

Maizie (blue merle) has a cream lead with blue and gold beads with a silved check chain.

Ruby the Irish has an orange lead with see through beads on it.

ETA: I have a bunch of other leads that I occasionally use if I am wearing a special outfit, purple lead for purple jacket, apple green for my apple green suit and so forth.

Edited by Lyndsay

I match leads to outfits :laugh: or I just pick a colour that I like and go with that.

I have pink and silver on a Stafford, she has several leads and they are all pink and all have bling.

I also have several Stafford collar and lead sets in black and brass and black and silver

The Whippets, I'm not fussed what colour they have, Macey has a white lead and Sessy has a black one.

It's more about the weight of the lead and it being suitable for the individual dog or bitch

:rofl: Agreed - also I am more likely to look at the length of a lead, I'm very very particular about the length of the lead on various dogs.

I match leads to outfits :laugh: or I just pick a colour that I like and go with that.

:rofl: Agreed - also I am more likely to look at the length of a lead, I'm very very particular about the length of the lead on various dogs.

Yep - I am very short, and show a small dog, so my lead is not very long.... can't lend it to a friend who shows the same breed - he is very tall - the dog would be 6 inches off the ground if he tried to use my lead. :laugh::rofl: (Wouldn't mind seeing that sometime though.....)

With my little Min Pin, I am not bothered about the colour of the lead I use with him!

Being chocolate and tan, many leads I have used went well with him but I mostly use the green lead which is pretty much our lucky colour.

I have from the top of my heads brown, green (various shades) and blue.

I do have a pink and yes my little guy have been in a pink lead for practice, but my mum refuse to let me take him in the ring on a pink lead! :dropjaw: But the lead was originally for a bitch puppy, but I am not looking for one now at this time, but who knows in the next few years!

I have a really nice brown one that was made by Snazzy Pooch leads which let say dented my bank a bit :rofl: lol, but I have had successes with that lead and it goes really well with his colour.

But my personal favourite is the green one by snazzy pooch as it is short in length and very comfortable for Clancy to work and it helps with his ring work and he moves well.

I think K9 Antics that supplies at KCC (and Bulla I also assume) has some fantastic leads that could be used with correction chains or loop, but I prefer Snazzy pooch for the martingale leads as they are made for comfort and also the length are perfect.