Thaks To Everyone

Jed

I have three exits, but house is quite shallow; if it had gone up in flames when the metre board exploded, I would have had time to get the dogs out. I don't know what you do when you wake up to find the place in flames as you did, Jed.

PM box freed up.

Edited by Mother Moocher

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm renting a high-set timber house with a back stairway and a front stairway. My bedroom is at the front of the house. Presumably I and the dogs would escape through the front, get into the car, and get the heck out, all in about 30 seconds! In reality, it may take a little longer than that. I keep dog tether straps in the car and their harnesses near the front door but I'm re-thinking this. I may just keep it all in the car, that way I can bundle us all in and tether them once I've gotten out of the driveway? Don't know...but it bears thinking about as anyone can find themselves in an emergency situation.

On a side note, I'm preparing an emergency kit for floods and other potential evacuation/emergency scenarios. I just can't seem to find my two (original and old) candle stick holders...oh, and I must remember to put a lighter in the kit so I can actually light the candles if I need them. :)

LM -in Maryborough, you also need a battery operated lantern or two - for power cuts, cane toad invasion (LOL) and flooding.

My dogs would all have followed me. I think yours would do so too. Quickest way would be to have leads with handles near where the dogs sleep, make them into a sliip lead (2 seconds)and lead them out to whatever setup you have in the car.

Don't sweat it - the percentages are on your side, not many houses burn down.

Thanks Koe

Welcome back and may you achieve many other victories to come on the road to recovery ....

I'm fairly new to DOL but was reading your thread and whilst your story of waking up to a house on fire and the tragic loss was the stuff of nightmares, what you have achieved and reading your posts has been truly inspirational.

:confused: Jed, I know you come in here :dunce:

Imagine my plus-sized Dane model is a brindle Boxer :thumbsup:

PC260753.jpg

PC260754.jpg

The only way I was ever going to get Chi's clothes on her :rofl:

PC260755.jpg

They come with a bit of free Dane hair, but will be safely stored until you need them. :(

Aah, Jed.

I think of you lots , and remember just how 'together' you appeared on the TV interview, dressing gowned and a bit trembly, but amazingly serene.

It is with a feeling of seeing something familiar and reassuring that I notice your posts scattered thru DOL again , and I hope you know that there are always thoughts & wishes wending your way :)

Edited by persephone

great to see an animal lover come through an enormous ordeal

terrifying and heartbreaking what youve been through....you will inspire many im sure

keep at it and who knows what great things are around the corner for you now!