Pony 1 Border Collie 0

JulesP

You know what they say about sarcasm....sorry but I read this thread for 2 days and I generally think that it was a dead thread from the beginning.

In a forum where people are heartfelt about treating animals correctly a flippant statement as "lame still but as I paid a heap of money for the clinic..." how can anyone not see how this would enflame things? If the OP has issue with what someone has said or inferred- address it directly by all means but not with nonsense comments that only bring the thread to a even lower point again.

Im happy that in all this the dog is recovered- which is really what this thread was all about. I hope in future dog & pony are kept apart to reduce chances of a reoccurance.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To JulesP

Glad your dog is feeling better.

I don't know you at all but it was pretty easy to see when your posts changed dramatically that you were only joking ( or stirring )

This has been a really weird post - I had to read it again tonite as I was surprised it was still going.

Edited by skip

what's the going rate for a herding clinic.

I've taken my EH to a couple, and they cost $20 for as long as we were willing to have a go, usually about four runs. She was satisifyingly tired out after too.

This is a weekend clinic with a trainer from the US so an awful lot more than that and an opportunity that does not come up very often.

A clinic that I would have loved the chance to go to, but just as well I didn't as Jazz still has stitches in her foot.

Edited by piper

Personally I wouldn't take her because if she's even a little bit off (even if she's not showing symptoms by then) and runs around at herding, she could make an injury worse. I understand that the clinic cost you a lot of money but my dog's health and wellbeing are worth a lot more.

That being said, if Zero is in any amount of pain, he's off to the vet - I wouldn't want to risk it.

Personally I wouldn't take her because if she's even a little bit off (even if she's not showing symptoms by then) and runs around at herding, she could make an injury worse. I understand that the clinic cost you a lot of money but my dog's health and wellbeing are worth a lot more.

That being said, if Zero is in any amount of pain, he's off to the vet - I wouldn't want to risk it.

I would also be wondering if there was discomfort if that would be counter productive?? The dog may associate discomfort and the work you are asking of it?

Totally off topic, but check out the extension in that horse!!!

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. :cry:

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :cry:

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. :cry:

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :cry:

*Nods wisely like she knows what you're talking about* :cry:

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. :laugh:

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :rofl:

*Nods wisely like she knows what you're talking about* :rofl:

I do! :laugh::rofl: . And I agree, RnL. The extension and the top carriage of the horse is stunning.

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. :laugh:

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :D

I do! :laugh::rofl: . And I agree, RnL. The extension and the top carriage of the horse is stunning.

I love the elevation - superb :) Glad someone else appreciates it :rofl:

Tah Piper

I can understand the desire to go no matter what.

Though I'd want to be absolutely sure the dog was sound (vet check, xray) so I didn't completely embarrass myself in front of guru trainer.

I suppose the insurance against health problems or other last minute reasons to drop out, like travel insurance for holidays, cost of such insurance would probably exceed the probable loss if you had to quit the seminar/class?

I imagine you'd still learn heaps standing on the sides watching. I know I do.

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. :rofl:

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :D

as do i :laugh: *giggles*

srsly tho, when i was a kid growing up on the farm, we had a stock horse; a retired prancer [as we were told at auction]!

she was difficult to ride at a trot because of her unusual 'prance' [she held her head high] but at a clip, all 18 hands of her flattened and flew without gait --- it was like riding the wind...

a truly beautiful ride and although seafar was a dapple grey, that pic is an exquisite reminder :)

It hasn't got bad extension in it's mouth also. ;)

True, but just look athe the topline, reach and drive and you can see how stretched it's muscles are - awesome :)

I must confess i don't know a great deal about that type of thing as my experience with horses was in a racing stable and the only real thing that was admired was a fast horse, how it achieved that (gait wise) was basically irrelevant, so long as it was sound.

One day I watched Andrew Hoy working one of his horses (he used to live just down the road from me and I was driving past saw him so pulled over to watch)for a short time. I can only say it was breath taking to see him working it, this horse had extension plus and it was a stunner.

Edited by m-j

There can be such a thing as an 18hh stockhorse, especially these days when multiple registrations accur.My Qhorse gelding was 17 hh and nobody ever believed he was a Qhorse, looked like warmblood/thoroughbred and such a beautiful showhorse.He had 5 registrations including Australian Stockhorse.

As for the OP.I prefer to accept that most people on here who have been on here a while know within themselves how their pets are and if their right....on the otherhand I also know you need to choose sometimes what you say on here in fear of the lynching.I have confidence in myself as a pet owner but also choose not to describe some events in my life as I know that reading a text format online can be interpreted the wrong way.I have a theory that only perfect people should throw stones.

Then again on DOL, there is also Poster Beware!!!