Pony 1 Border Collie 0

JulesP

For anyone that actually cares Poppy is fully weight bearing today.
Poppy is still quite lame but as I paid a heap of money for the clinic I will just give her an aspirin on the day and she should be right.

It's these two contradicting posts which are making me think (and hope) that the latter post is either someone hacked her account, or maybe just wanting to stir :(

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she is a long standing DOL Member and generally her posts have come across as being very sympathetic to her dogs.

Not too sympathetic at the moment, Erny. God knows why she just didnt take the dog to the vet two days ago rather than waste everyone's time asking for opinions which she wasnt interested in anyway then blowing them off with - well I'm going and I'll just shove an aspirin down the dog's throat. Deary me.

It does seem rather odd that such a long standing member of the forum would be out trolling. :( Normally it's new members that troll like this.

I don't believe JulesP is trolling. Either something is wrong (we all have rotten days/weeks/months that accumulate and get on top of us from time to time) or there has been a misunderstanding of words, intent ... or both. Give her a chance. As Ravyk has mentioned, she is a long standing DOL Member and generally her posts have come across as being very sympathetic to her dogs.

Didn't we have an instance recently where someone else (friend or family) had used a DOLers computer and posted stuff that was inconsistent with that DOLer's history?

Poppy is 100% sound. I just gave her a bath and not one wince anywhere.

I said that she would be going to the vet on the first page if I didn't see an improvement. I came back and said that there was an improvement. But people had to keep going. And then there were the comments about my dogs attacking child on ponies, people making it sound like the dogs were running wild chasing horses and comments about the pony.

This has been a truly eye-opening experience for me on forums. I have been a member for a long time and would think that people would know me well enough not to react they way they have.

When I saw that people were still posting today I made some obviously silly comments. Obvious enough that I am amazed that anyone took me seriously.

It wasn't even about me busting to go to the clinic. I didn't want to muck the organizer around.

As it is the dog is fine and running around. Had the dog not looked better the next day she would have gone to the vets.

Again the dog is fine. I am however not.

I really don't think the issue here needs to be about the Pony. Many horses are kept alone these days and adapt just fine. Dogs are pack animals too remember but many just have one dog.

I am truly astounded that someone could behave in such a way with regards to their dog. The dog clearly needs veterinary attention. An Aspirin is not going to alleviate the pain or fix the problem. If you are serious about the Aspirin, atleast call up a vet first for an appropriate dosage guide.

And then perhaps have a read of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act

(3) A person in charge of an animal shall not fail at any time:

(a) to exercise reasonable care, control or supervision of an animal to prevent the commission of an act of cruelty upon the animal,

(b) where pain is being inflicted upon the animal, to take such reasonable steps as are necessary to alleviate the pain, or

© where it is necessary for the animal to be provided with veterinary treatment, whether or not over a period of time, to provide it with that treatment.

Agree with Stormie

+1. Anything else is cruel, unethical and inhumane.

Poppy is 100% sound. I just gave her a bath and not one wince anywhere.

I said that she would be going to the vet on the first page if I didn't see an improvement. I came back and said that there was an improvement. But people had to keep going. And then there were the comments about my dogs attacking child on ponies, people making it sound like the dogs were running wild chasing horses and comments about the pony.

This has been a truly eye-opening experience for me on forums. I have been a member for a long time and would think that people would know me well enough not to react they way they have.

When I saw that people were still posting today I made some obviously silly comments. Obvious enough that I am amazed that anyone took me seriously.

It wasn't even about me busting to go to the clinic. I didn't want to muck the organizer around.

As it is the dog is fine and running around. Had the dog not looked better the next day she would have gone to the vets.

Again the dog is fine. I am however not.

So, the not lame dog turned into a lame dog who turned into a not lame dog again.

Well, okay.

JulesP I'm glad the dog is fine :laugh:

I am new to this forum (and forums in general) and have noticed that people really do jump (or take HUGE leaps) to conclusions about other peoples posts. One of my first posts was asking for advice on training clubs and talking about the type of dog I have and his breeding and size and I later noticed that a DOLer had started a new topic called "What really S#*ts me" about my post. They assumed I was saying that my dog was better/bigger because of his lines. This was not the case at all and I very nearly left the forum altogether because I didn't come here to have peopel get the #*$% with me because they misunderstand what I wrote!

I really enjoy reading the posts and seeing everyones POV and hopefully I'll get a bit braver and post more!

BTW I used to be a vet nurse and if my dog was limping, but otherwise seemed ok I would give it some time before taking it to the vet. I would be keeping it quiet and not letting it run around or play.

No the lame dog was not lame by the next morning and continues to be not lame.

Thanks for the concern.

At 2.24 the dog was lame.

Poppy is still quite lame but as I paid a heap of money for the clinic I will just give her an aspirin on the day and she should be right.

Make up your mind.

No the lame dog was not lame by the next morning and continues to be not lame.

Thanks for the concern.

At 2.24 the dog was lame.

Make up your mind.

I'm thinking it was a sarcastic joke??

Fret not Sheridan.

Second post was the OP making light of people's concern for her dog. That follows the colourful language towards posters yesterday.

Hence my addition of a pic to this thread today.

Quite so, poodlefan.

Dogs who tear their cruciates or do other damage can become 'sound' and then limp again, so I wouldn't be taking that dog to a clinic just yet. Ligament and tendon strains and damage can take MONTHS to heal, and there are days that appear "better"

Oh but wait you won't listen to that cos you made up your mind already before you even MADE this thread.

How can you not take it to a vet for a check?? I take my girl for anything at all, and I would NEVER wait around with leg issues.

No that leg is probably not 100% just now.

Edited by ~ShelleAndShyla~