Where Do You Sit?

We have two, two seater couches in our lounge room.

Guess where me and the daughter are sitting?

Guess where Dory and the kitten are sleeping?f

Anyone would think the couches where his and hers for Dory and Oscar the Shark Slayer (kitten). How did we come to this? :laugh:

I am now going to turf one or both of them off...as my :laugh: is going tragically numb.

We have a large L shape couch. 7 seats in all. The 4 whippets have one part of the L, whilst hubby and I sit on the other part.

In the other lounge room there are two super comfy 2.5 seater couches. Sometimes the whips will end up in there if they're cold (that's the room with the fireplace)

If they think it's bed time they'll totter down the hallway and jump on our bed.

So to answer the question, we sit on our couch. They often curl up on our laps, or their side of the couch!

Theres a recliner rocking chair, a recliner and a three seater which reclines on both ends.. All part of the same set. There's the ottoman and then there is a bean bag.

I always sit on the left side of the 3seater (furthest point from the tv), Ross sits in the rocking recliner as it fits the computer desk perfectly when he swivels it, guests sit anywhere. Dogs sit on the floor.

i like the lightheartedness of this thread :laugh:

i sit where i wanna sit as does my OH --- the 2 dogs and 1 kitty find room either on one of us or the other, beside either one of us or the other or both or one, or all three ditch us altogether and hit the floor, sleeping in their caves or on the many cushions spread about our house...

humans in this house take possession --- the fluffies move when we wanna get comfy :laugh:

I usually sit under something.... Right now I am sitting under a bull terrier...

Eta... And a cat lol

i just now understood that!

i lay on my couch and i occasionally have 2 swfs laying on top of me with bobkat between or behind my knees!

the trick tho is when ya wanna or need to move...

:laugh:

I am currently sat on my daugters mini mama san chair with a laptop on my lap and the wee dog curled under my armpit and up the side of the chair (there is not much room with my big bum in it) and th ebig boy is sat in the armchair I usually sit in lol

Everyone else is in bed.

Generally our dogs just make themselves comfy wherever they want. As long as they get off when told to I am happy for them to sit where they like. My mum comes over from NZ in two weeks though and you can gaurantee while she is here she wll make them stay off all the furniture lol

I wondered why my greyhound was standing sulking with her head on my chair just now (now she's resting it next to the keyboard). It is because my husband is sitting on "her" lounge chair. :laugh: Nawww, now the poor girl has lowered herself and gone to lay on a dog bed (glaring at my husband).

Yesterday I had a little nap on the lounge with one min pin curled at my chest, one behind my knees and one on top of my head with his nose in my ear! Very snuggly. :laugh:

I decided years ago that a lounge suite just didn't leave enough seats for people too so added a sofa :laugh: Most nights I'll end up stretched out on the three seater with 4 dogs on top of me. Nice and cosy in this weather :laugh:

They are only allowed up when OH and I tell them(house full of kids so the lounge and bedrooms are strictly off limits to them most of the time). However when they are allowed up,well lets just say you are out of luck if you want to watch tv lol.....

post-33606-1280622671_thumb.jpg

Edited by julzjc

We have an L-shaped lounge. Akira isn't allowed on it because it's leather and I'm petrified of it getting ruined, so normally OH is stretched out on the lounge, I'm sitting on the floor in front of the heater and Akira is in her beanbag somewhere nearby.