Are Bananas Safe For Dogs?

vnv

It's impossible to peel a banana in this house (not a noisy activity by any stretch of the imagination) without both dogs waking up from what appeared to be a deep sleep and rushing to the kitchen. :mad

:crazy: same here! It's mostly Kibah, they all like them but as soon as she hears the snap of the top of the banana she comes running, even if she's been sound asleep in the other room. If banana are on special I deliberately buy lots so they can all have some.

3176338680_a906f68c03_m.jpg3176338692_36e2d67e4b_m.jpg3176338698_9209837a78_m.jpg

success at last!

3176338708_8ed09d2a58_m.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

My first BC boy had peeling and eating bananas as his 'party trick' when he was doing therapy dog work in a palliative care centre. His record was 3 in one visit! I would always take one in, the stafaf would get one for him to show a new patient, and patients would also give him one :crazy: .

One family member was very relieved to see him peeling and eating his banana one day - when her mother (the patiet) had told her about it, she thought it was a morpphine hallucination :mad .

When we were buliding our house, my DH hired a subbie carpenter to help him with it. Big, tough bloke.

Every lunch time, we would sit down in the middle of the timber and tools etc and our first Dobe, Tessa would sit down with us and the carpenter would peel his ORANGE and start feeding it to the dog, piece by piece.

I suggested HE might like to have some of his lunch instead of feeding our dog.

He said it was much more fun watching the dog eat it. He was amazed at a dog eating orange ...and was wondering exactly how much it would take before she stopped.

Inevitably he would lose the whole orange. :laugh: