I Am Heartbroken!

Bubitty

;) :o

I'll have to try this on Riddick and Rover.

I tried just dropping a blanket over them. Rover shook it off in a few seconds. Riddick wandered around vaguely, still covered by blanket, bumped into a wall, lay down, and fell asleep. Still covered by blanket :)

Yeah we have also tried this! Same results as you! Guess which was the one who wandered around???? :cry:

I've done this with Charlie and Emmy. Emmy got out within seconds, Charlie end up falling asleep waiting for me to get it off him. He didn't even wander. Just laid there calmly and waiting patiently... :p :mad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubby is just too smart to play these silly games with his mummy and daddy!

Won't lower himself that one :o

Yes I agree!! He is past playing games, his intelligence is saved for 'higher' existence ;)

PS Dougal would do the same except he would stand there and bark at me to remove the towel. If I wasn't there, he would help himself :cry:

Last night OH and I did an experiment on the kids! We put some food into a bowl and covered the bowl with a bath towel. We let each dog see what we were doing.

Results were as follows:

Bitty walked to the towel/bowl, sniffed, picked up the towel with her mouth, pulled it off, dropped it to the side and went on to eat the contents.

Bubby:

OH: Go get it Bubby

Bubby:

*Blinks*

*smiles*

*sniffs the towel and bowl*

*runs around and sniffs the air*

*smiles vaguely*

*runs to Daddy and raises a paw*

*smiles*

*blinks some more*

*sniffs towel*

*runs around bleating*

*smiles*

This went on for 5 mins. Then he *drops down next to towel and smiled vacantly into the distance*

I am so traumatised! I thought he was smarter than this! Thick as mince!!!!!! Oh well! At least he’s pretty! And loved! :cry:

good grief...... a pure white cavalier???

;) Oiiiiiiiiiiiii cavs are smarter than that. :o

Bubby is just too smart to play these silly games with his mummy and daddy!

Won't lower himself that one :cry:

Yes I agree!! He is past playing games, his intelligence is saved for 'higher' existence ;)

PS Dougal would do the same except he would stand there and bark at me to remove the towel. If I wasn't there, he would help himself :mad

C, this morning before I left, I put a pigs ear under another towel and gave him a release command to eat that and eat from all his food bowls.

OH says if we come home and he has found it, we will buy him his favourite teriyaki chicken sushi roll from our favourite Jap restaurant! :o

You don't KNOW thick until you have watched a cat sit motionless and stare at a fly on the wall for an hour.

Except that the fly is actually a drawing pin! :D :)

;) ;) believe me, I KNOW thick. ;) :rofl::rofl: that's not a burmilla you have there is it?

Mine is now 14, and still the dumbest pet I've ever had :cry: we all make allowances for her and love her dearly, she IS pretty :D She took over 6 months to learn her name :eek::eek: (lots of hard work too) :cry:

C, this morning before I left, I put a pigs ear under another towel and gave him a release command to eat that and eat from all his food bowls.

OH says if we come home and he has found it, we will buy him his favourite teriyaki chicken sushi roll from our favourite Jap restaurant! :D

Low fat healthy food hey?! :cry: SPOILT rotten your dogs are!!!!

:laugh: ;)

I played the hide the cookie game last week with my border collies. Amber and Poppy - no interest what so ever in walking over and getting the cookie in plain sight. OMG. Brock was actually the best (he is a bit special). He actually hunted for the cookie with lots of sniffing, mind you the cookie was in plain sight and he watched me place it! I don't think any of mine would lift a tea towel off.

Edited by JulesP

I couldn't resist - I had to give it a go! I showed Banjo a plate of tuna and told him to wait while I put it down and covered it with a towel. He sniffed till he was right over the plate then licked the towl, bit at it and licked some more. I thought I maybe made it too hard so repweated the process with a tea towel - he did the same but when he bit it the third or fourth time it moved enough for him to see the tuna so he nosed it off the rest of the way.

Then I put a blanket over him and he walked around backwards till he got stuck in a corner and just kept twisting from side to side till I decided it was mean and took the blanket off him.

I'm off to put a treat under a cup now...

Ohhh he makes me laugh!! I put the treats under a platic cup and he pushed it around the floor with his nose till it fell over, ate the treats then promptly chomped the cup and split it right down the side. I decided to try a low, square, clear container. I put the treats under, he picked up the container in his mouth and just as I was about to say 'ÇLEVER BOY!' he ran off with the container and left the treats behind.

I am going to have to try this when I get home! I'm not sure what Kuma will do... reports later :laugh:

Same.

I have done the cup thing with Charlie and Emmy. Charlie just taps the cup with his nose when he finds the treat, sits down and looks up at me and barks at me to let me know he founds the treat. When I say ok, he knocks over the cup and gets his food. If I don't say Ok.. he will lay there watching the cup intensely.

Emmy had more style... she knocks/bulldoze every single cup over till she finds her treat and then eats it.

Roger just sits there and waits for me to get the treat. After all, why have a human and feed yourself?

As for the blanket...you're kidding right? Every dog knows that your human provides blankets for your comfort so if a blanket is put on top of you, that can only mean bedtime!