Really Worried About Rover :( Healing Vibes Needed

lovemesideways

Does anyone know what could be wrong with rover?

He wouldn't eat this morning. Has been throwing up today. Now his back legs and bottom of his spine area are trembling uncontrollably when he tries to move around. Seems to be getting worse.

He gets proban to kill ticks and fleas, but we checked him all over anyway for a tick and couldn't find one.

I know he is not feeling at all well as he refused a liver treat and did not want to eat his breakfast.

Mums on the phone to vet now.

Really worried. :eek::mad:o

Edited by lovemesideways

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet appointment in half an hour. :eek:

Seems like he is ok if you just leave him, but if you try and rest your hand on him, he starts shaking uncontrollably untill he has to move away from you hand.

Is restless and won't stay still.

Gonna check him again for ticks.

Go now. Better he is there and waiting if he goes downhill.

Good luck.

Take him to the vet now. It sounds like a toxin, Just turn up, they will check him and decide if it is an emergency. If its not, then at least you are already there if he does start to go downhill.

he doesn't have access to snail bait or eat snails does he?

I hope he will be ok

Edited by aussielover

Sounds like when Jack had snail pellet posioning. Labs are so stoic, he is probably in terrible pain a half hour is a long time to be in pain I would have him at the vets ASAP.

he is very stoic. There is no poison in the garden that we have put there. And every neighbour has a few dogs so I don't think anyone would have thrown something over the fence. He hasn't eaten today at all. Had small piece of apple which he threw up. Mum is checking him now.

We where at the vet earlier today as he had his check up for delta pet therapy today and he seemed fine. Has gone downhill in past 20 minutes or so.

We thought his tummy was just upset as he didn't want to eat this morning, but was fine yesterday (ate his dinner, begged for treats as per usual)

but these tremors are wrong :eek:. Im really worried. edit to add he is walking fine, but he does not want to stand still, and is sitting in a weird position. Like he can't get comfortable.

He doesn't want to lie on his mat, like he is hot, but doesn't feel like he has a temperature.

Edited by lovemesideways

OMG!!! Sending massive healing vibes!!!

:eek: to you too.

Take him straight to the vets... if they see how bad he is, they will work on him straight away instead of making you wait!! GO GO GO!!!

I know this with Charlie.. they saw how much pain he was, they took him straight to the back and gave him something before we went to talk to the vets.

Or go to emergency hospital!!

Mum has taken him. Would not let me come as I am freaking out a little and she thinks it will upset him more.

Do not think I was just sitting here while he gets sicker.

I have been yelling at mum to take him NOW. While she says "its fine, hes probably just trembling cause his stomach is upset. More comfortable for him to be home bla bla"

Me yelling (and getting all the stuff and saying I would take him if she did not) got her off her ass thankfully as she has now gone to vet. Much much better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by lovemesideways