Really Worried About Rover :( Healing Vibes Needed

lovemesideways

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A spider bite can cause the same reaction, especially the tremors. My late husky was bitten by what the vet thought was a red back, she responded very well to a night in hospital on a drip.

Hoping your dog is back to it's old self soon :love:

Picking him up at 6.

Vet said there was a small positive for pancreatitis, but he thinks its most likely something that he has eaten. So he's been given some anti nausea stuff, is on a course of antibiotics. No food for tonight, only small amounts of water. If he throws up and starts to tremor again, we're to bring him back straight away. I'll talk to the vet some more when I go and get him as this is all second hand information of mum.

So I have Rover home. He is fast asleep with Riddick curled up against him (Riddick is very happy his brother is home :love:)

Vet basically repeated what he told mum.

Can any vet or vet nurses (or people who know) translate this for me? Its from the receipt from the vet.

Lab - P.C.V. & Total Protein

Lav - VetTest - Diag Hlth Prof

1.5 Betamox Injection SA

2.8 Cerenia Inj 10mg/ml

and I have 15 Amoxil (moxylan) tablets (200mg), which are the antibiotics.

I was told he had a small positive for pancreatitis, but its Most likely something he has eaten and had a severe reaction to. They gave him some stuff for anti nausea. He has been given an antibiotic injection for tonight and I'm to start him on the tablets tomorrow. If he starts throwing up again or basically is still lethargic and unwell tomorrow I'm to bring him back so they can check him over and do some more tests.

So I have Rover home. He is fast asleep with Riddick curled up against him (Riddick is very happy his brother is home :love:)

Vet basically repeated what he told mum.

Can any vet or vet nurses (or people who know) translate this for me? Its from the receipt from the vet.

Lab - P.C.V. & Total Protein

Lav - VetTest - Diag Hlth Prof

1.5 Betamox Injection SA

2.8 Cerenia Inj 10mg/ml

and I have 15 Amoxil (moxylan) tablets (200mg), which are the antibiotics.

I was told he had a small positive for pancreatitis, but its Most likely something he has eaten and had a severe reaction to. They gave him some stuff for anti nausea. He has been given an antibiotic injection for tonight and I'm to start him on the tablets tomorrow. If he starts throwing up again or basically is still lethargic and unwell tomorrow I'm to bring him back so they can check him over and do some more tests.

Did they actually give you the results for these tests?

PCV is packed cell volume, checking for thing like anaemia, it can also be used as a guide for dehydration.

cerenia is an anti-nausea injection, betamox is an antibiotic injection (the same as the tabs you have, but injectable).

The health profile is a range of general health parameters that check such things as kidney function, liver function, glucose levels, pancreatic enzymes etc.

I'm guessing that lipase was slightly elevated- that was the small positive for pancreatitis???

If they were really worried about pancreatitis, I would have thought they would have done a CPLI, which is more specific and diagnositic for canine pancreatitis.

It actually sounds alot like what Mindy had (some kind of gastro/food poisoning thing), interstingly, I was told she stopped having tremors at the vet, but at home she started having them again. They vet said not to worry and to let her sleep it off, which i did, but also kept a very close eye on her. She was fine by the next morning though.

I hope Rover feels better soon!