4legs Dog Food

kirada1

Just was wondering if anyone uses 4 legs dog food from the supermarkert. I bought 2 packets yesterday after reading the ingredients. Dogs went bunta when I gave then some, including one very fussy girl.

Looking forwards on your thoughts

I feed it from time to time. I find it particularly useful for travelling. You can put it in with the gear frozen and feed it at the end of the day. My dogs love it too.

My old boy can get a bit bound up after a few days in a car or crated and its great for keeping him regular.

I tend to buy a fair bit when its on special and load up the dog freezer. As I feed a lot of chicken, I only buy the beef or lamb one.

I have used it occasionally, if we go away its easy if I am wanting to add a bit to thier dry food. also for training treats it is good because you can cut them in half and they stay pretty well contained and don't go too mushy.

We use it when travelling or even for a change. It doesn't go far when you have big dogs but they all do like it and none have said no to it. I have also tried the roll when travelling and I found that was good as well. Not something I would use all the time but handy to have when I have forgetton to take out food for defrosting or when travelling or just for a treat! :)

I'm currently using 4Legs as a training treat equating to around 40% of my dogs daily food intake (so one meal out of two each day is 4Legs fed throughout several training sessions). We go through around one pack every 3 days. Before that I was using Chicken Chunkers but not really happy with the (small amounts of) salt/preservatives in there so switched.

The 4Legs packet says it's a complete diet for the dog, no added preservatives, colours, flavours, salt, sugar, etc. It is cooked so probably not the most "best" or "most nutritious" food to feed alone, but fed combined with some RMB's, fresh meat, veg, BARF, premium dry food or whatever else you feed I don't think it's all that bad. Probably comparable to the better (preservative free) dog rolls and certainly better than cheap supermarket dry/canned. :)

Not sure I would feed any one thing, mine get something different everyday. 4legs has been on the menu here for years.

The new 4legs rolls go a bit further for people with bigger dogs. Think I prefer the ecopet rolls though.