Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

Is it ok to feed BH and BARF patties together?

Yes I would think so, I and many others do feed BH and raw together. Though I don't feed BARF, just raw and mushed pumpkin.

Guest english.ivy

Black Hawk ..

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols source of Vit E, Citric Acid Rosemary extract), Brewers Dried Yeast, Rye, Flaxseed meal, Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Emu Oil, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Chicory, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tomato Meal, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelated, Iron Sulphate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12

Supplement, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Holistic ..

Lamb & Lamb by products, Rice, Beet Pulp, Brewers Yeast, Flax seed, Salt, Choline Chloride, Pottasium Chloride, Dog Vitamin Premix, Chelated Minerals, Yucca extract, Rosemary Extract, Essential vitamins and minerals and Antioxidants.

:D

Is it ok to feed BH and BARF patties together?

Yes, arjay - I always feed BH and barf patties together. Along with an occasional egg, or a tin of sardines or some low fat cottage cheese - and any suitable leftovers from our dinners as well !).

Edited by divinemissmillie

Black Hawk ( South Coast NSW) will be in attendance at the following shows. If you require product please do contact me so I can deliver what you require.

21 Jan 12 Dapto Show @ Kanahooka

10 Feb - 12 Feb 12 Bega Valley Kennel & Obedience Club Shows @ Bermagui

18 Feb 12 Kangaroo Valley Show @ Kangaroo Valley

3 Mar 12 Milton Show @ Milton

4 Mar 12 Tarago Show @ Tarago

18 Mar 12 Illawrra Collie & Shetland Sheepdog Club Show @ JJ Kelly Park Wollongong.

If you reuqire deliveries please contact me by ph 4423084, email [email protected] or mob 0403235669. I normally do not charge for deliveries if I am going somewhere anyway.

I am normally located at the working dog ring ( I have Collies (Rough)).

I do not come onto this forum regularly so I might not get your message if you post it here.

staying on the sub-topic of mixing bh with raw/other food, is there not a concern that the mixing creates an imbalance [in that, bh is balanced nutrition in and of itself]!?!? i read too much, this is true :(

We are a BH distributor around Sydney, we are located in the richmond/windsor area. Unfortunately I don't think that there is anyone closer to you. Not sure if you get down to Sydney at all, but if you do we can organise something for you.

regards,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

hello leslie :) i'll be looking to buy another quantity of adult bh in the near future --- do you have a website that details dog shows you're attending?

tia :)

staying on the sub-topic of mixing bh with raw/other food, is there not a concern that the mixing creates an imbalance [in that, bh is balanced nutrition in and of itself]!?!? i read too much, this is true :(

We are a BH distributor around Sydney, we are located in the richmond/windsor area. Unfortunately I don't think that there is anyone closer to you. Not sure if you get down to Sydney at all, but if you do we can organise something for you.

regards,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

hello leslie :) i'll be looking to buy another quantity of adult bh in the near future --- do you have a website that details dog shows you're attending?

Hi Scruffy,

Yes BlackHawk is a complete diet, so technically you shouldn't feed anything else with it. The same can also be said for all the other premium kibbles available today. People still feed meat and other extras with those as well. In the end I think it comes down to what you want to do with your animals, we stopped feeding ours any meat with their kibble almost 2 years ago now, however they do have a thick meaty bone 3 times a week too.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Leslie

regards,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

how does BH compare to VANS/Raw, anyone tried this before?

I fed my BC girl for the first 3 years on VAN + Raw + various suppliments. She looked good on it, but poos were always a bit sloppy. When I discovered Black Hawk, I switched her over to that & she just did so well on that, without any suppliments, so that is what she has had now for about a year. So, yes, I found VAN good, but I have found she does better on BH, plus it's more convenient & more economical. My BC puppy has known no other.

my 11 months been on BH for a while now, He looks alot lean than other rottys around. Not sure if i should feed him more, he gets Raw and 2-3 Cups of BH, how much is a usually standard cup? Not sure if im feeding him in the right direction.

We give our 30kg greyhound 4 cups of puppy kibble everyday. And our stafford male who weighs about 19kg gets almost 3 cups a day. We feed our dogs blackhawk only we don't add anything extra to their meals.

my 11 months been on BH for a while now, He looks alot lean than other rottys around. Not sure if i should feed him more, he gets Raw and 2-3 Cups of BH, how much is a usually standard cup? Not sure if im feeding him in the right direction.

All dogs need a different amount of food, the feeding guidelines are just that - guidelines. The way I want my dogs' ribs to feel is like the back of my hand - can feel bone with only a slight covering. If they feel like my knuckles I add extra food, if they feel like my palm I cut back :laugh:

(We don't feed BH anymore but when we did my 35kg dog got 1.5 cups and my 18kg dog 1 cup.)

Usually means a metric cup, like you would use for cooking. As someone else said it is only a guideline & all dogs, like people are different & it also depends on how active/not active they are. My 18 kilo BC gets one cup a day + turkey neck & my 22 kilo BC boy (10 months old) gets 1 & 1/2 cups a day for dinner, plus a turkey neck for breakfast. Plus they get training treats & if the turkey neck is not very big, then they will get sardines or mackeral or an egg or some meat with their kibble. They are very active dogs. I have also started adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to their kibble to counter the effects that daily swimming in the family pool has on their coats, & 1/4 teaspoon sulphur powder to help repel the ticks.