Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Hi everyone I've just had a quick flick through this thread (so long lol). I just wanted to find out what it is like? I have 2 huskies and a toy poodle (who is VERY fussy!) the huskies are on advance and poodle royal canin. Once poodle is on adult I am hoping to find something i can feed all 3. Can u buy it online? I'm in QLD on sunny coast and if it's hard to get here I probably won't bother, sometimes it's hard enough getting to the pet shop :laugh:

Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Canin Poodle is an all age food.

Get a sample. My dogs didn't like BH.

Poodle is on Mini Junior RC not the breed specific one.

Yep I will get a sample to see if they like it. So hard changing food my dogs do well with what there on and it's difficult changing finding they don't do well on that food and go through the process of changing again. But I'll give it a go if all 3 dogs can eat it :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dogs liked it, but they didn't all do well on it. Sometimes it's just a matter of playing around with foods to see what works. I like to be able to feed all my house dogs the same food, so it's taken a bit of juggling to find one which they all thrive on. They are doing really well at the moment on TOTW. My Stafford and Pugs coat are the best I have ever seen - even after trying BH, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin etc etc. I've had a lot of clients comment lately about how beautiful their coats are looking :thumbsup:

What is TOTW ?

Just want to pop in to comment that I now, after staying with some fellow doggie lovers, beleive that my dog really is thriving on the BH.

When we were preparing our dogs' dinners, they were surprised at how little my dog gets in comparison, and yet she is having no problems in the weight department (she's a perfect weight).

I've always stood by my premium foods, and I hope to study it properly one day, but this really opened my eyes. I was always told that premium fed dogs need less, well this was proof!

It is also the only kibble that she will eat without fail, she didn't really like Holistic Select or Proplan, even after many months of persistance.

Also, with the kibble size that someone mentioned a few pages back, I think the smaller kibble is more versatile for all breeds. I work in a pet store, and many small breed owners will not buy a good food if the kibble is too large. Holistic Select have fairly small kibble (even smaller in their small and mini breed variety) and this is a HUGE bonus for many sm breed owners. My dally has no issue with the smaller kibbles, she even crunches them up. That said, I do give her chicken briskets 2/3 times a week.

Just my opinions and experiences =]

I also want to say that Sheena is a lovely person and rep, but I specifically go to the sunday markets to get my BH when I run out because her son-in-law (I think) has lovely customer service and always asks my fiancee how the surf was :laugh:

Just want to pop in to comment that I now, after staying with some fellow doggie lovers, beleive that my dog really is thriving on the BH.

When we were preparing our dogs' dinners, they were surprised at how little my dog gets in comparison, and yet she is having no problems in the weight department (she's a perfect weight).

I've always stood by my premium foods, and I hope to study it properly one day, but this really opened my eyes. I was always told that premium fed dogs need less, well this was proof!

It is also the only kibble that she will eat without fail, she didn't really like Holistic Select or Proplan, even after many months of persistance.

Also, with the kibble size that someone mentioned a few pages back, I think the smaller kibble is more versatile for all breeds. I work in a pet store, and many small breed owners will not buy a good food if the kibble is too large. Holistic Select have fairly small kibble (even smaller in their small and mini breed variety) and this is a HUGE bonus for many sm breed owners. My dally has no issue with the smaller kibbles, she even crunches them up. That said, I do give her chicken briskets 2/3 times a week.

Just my opinions and experiences =]

I also want to say that Sheena is a lovely person and rep, but I specifically go to the sunday markets to get my BH when I run out because her son-in-law (I think) has lovely customer service and always asks my fiancee how the surf was :laugh:

:thanks: NewSensation-cleo...that is so lovely. I will have to forward this on to Mark. He & my daughter do all the work...I just handle the emails etc for them & of course, promote it with my two lovely dogs. Maybe I might get to meet your lovely dally one day at one of the dog shows. :)

Edited by sheena

Due to the closure of Erskine Park this weekend, the shows are now being held at the Castle Hill Show Grounds. Anyone picking up their kibble from me, I will email you all personally and let you know the change, but if anyone else wishes to get some Black Hawk, just let me know and i will make sure that I have it with me at the show.

Thanks,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

Edited by stanbury

Due to the closure of Erskine Park this weekend, the shows are now being held at the Castle Hill Show Grounds. Anyone picking up their kibble from me, I will email you all personally and let you know the change, but if anyone else wishes to get some Black Hawk, just let me know and i will make sure that I have it with me at the show.

Thanks,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

oooohhhhhh, soooo close and yet, so faaaar!!! i don't have a car this weekend venta4xb.gif

i'm usually on the ball but i have once before left it too late to restock --- today i managed to get a discounted bag of eagle pack lamb meal and rice and the fluffies accepted it quite readily so i'm out of the woods at least...

leslie, my email is broken; i can't send or receive! plse pm me deets for me to transfer $$$ to your account to courier 10kg; i'll reply with my delivery addy :)

ta much

received my samples of BH, gotta say my girl Elysium loves it!!! She has IBD and any food i added was required to be a unique source of protein(shes never really had lamb)so after reading the ingredients list i thought it was worth giving BH a go(yes, i did inform my vet). I have been slowly adding it to her Hills Z/D and so far she hasnt had a problem. So a big thankyou to the BlackHawk people my girl is happy because shes getting some kibble again :D Although my vet doesn't stock it at the moment, i'm hoping that will change.

Can I suggest that the website be updated about the suppliers in SA.

After convincing Hackham Fodder that it would be a good decision for him to handle BH, I would hate to think that he misses out on sales because the information is not up to date.

I have posted in this thread, but it needs to be on the website too.

Thanks,

Trish

Hi Trish

There is a few new retailers to be added to the website, which the web designer has, the hold up is we are having a new website built, with more information etc, the web designer is currently transfering info from the old to the new, i am not a computer buff but was told best to wait to add new info on the web, we are hoping the new page will be up in the next week or so, its looking lovely,

Regards

Sherel

Can I suggest that the website be updated about the suppliers in SA.

After convincing Hackham Fodder that it would be a good decision for him to handle BH, I would hate to think that he misses out on sales because the information is not up to date.

I have posted in this thread, but it needs to be on the website too.

Thanks,

Trish

Hi Everyone

some updates and news from BlackHawk,

We are now in branded packaging, due to so many other products out on the market in the same white bag, but being a totally different formula, we decided BlackHawk needed to be in branded bags so BkackHawk consumers could be guaranteed that they are purchasing BlackHawk, All retailers should now have the branded bags,

We have definitely NOT put our prices up at all even with the branded bag, so please dont let anyone tell you we have, from feedback some have used the branded bag as an excuse to raise the price,

We will be launching a new formula in the next couple of months, which will be a lighter formula,

For those wondering about our New shampoo range we have received excellent feeddback and some great testimonials which will appear on the new website,

You can also see updates on our Face book page,

If anyone has any questions please email me on [email protected]

Regards

Sherel

Hi Everyone

We are now in branded packaging, due to so many other products out on the market in the same white bag, but being a totally different formula, we decided BlackHawk needed to be in branded bags so BkackHawk consumers could be guaranteed that they are purchasing BlackHawk, All retailers should now have the branded bags,

We have definitely NOT put our prices up at all even with the branded bag, so please dont let anyone tell you we have, from feedback some have used the branded bag as an excuse to raise the price,

We will be launching a new formula in the next couple of months, which will be a lighter formula,

For those wondering about our New shampoo range we have received excellent feeddback and some great testimonials which will appear on the new website,

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sherel just wandering in the light formula what would the protein and fat be please?

Hi Mumtoshelly

Protein is 21% and fat 10%

Regards

Sherel

Hi Everyone

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sherel just wandering in the light formula what would the protein and fat be please?

Sherel does the shampoo, conditioner come in trial size?

Also i already feed the light formula, how different will the new formula be?

Would it be possible to get a trial size of cat food sent out? Im happy to pay. My old girl whos 20 now no longer eats dry but t id love to try my Birman boy on it, he is 7 and shows great interest in the dogs food.

Hi tlc

Yes we have a few of the samples left in the shampoo's & conditioners,

Depending which ones you would like to trial,

Feedback so far from groomers and users is

Dogbeing tick & flea works wonderful, i havent tried it as i am not in a tick area nor have a flea problem,

YU Satin Soft, leaves the coat soft reduces the reoccurrence of matts,it is tear free as are all the formulas,

YU Volume/Engergize this one i use on my Collies Rough & Smooth and also my German Shepherds, it really does the job it says it does,

YU Soothing, soothes itchy skin

YU Anti Bacteria from feedback this is excellent on hot spots, this feedback came from a grooming salon when a customer called them the next day to ask what they had used as the hot spot was dry and no more weeping.

YU Natural White, definitely brightens whites

YU Red/Copper Enhance has been used on both long and short coats comments back have been it brings out lovely tones in the coats

The CHA range we have had excellent feed back on people with Terriers that the shampoo does not soften the coat,

YU Leave in treatment, is like a moisturiser to the coat and does not leave any residue nor oiliness

YU rinse out conditioner rises totally out but leaves the coat totally conditioned

Dogbeing Himalayan Crystal ear gel, is a cleanser that can be used to clean the inside of the ears and also put down the ears it is very soothing, and does bring dirt to the surface, was very successful on a rescue dog,

The towels are a chamois and hold 2 litres of water, a comment from an exhibitor with Bearded Collies said it reduced their drying time by about 3/4, we used one chamois to towel dry 6 shepherds for the Royal, one groomer totally uses the towels and says she saves because she no longer has to wash two or more loads of towels a day,

The new lower protein lower fat formula is similar to what you have been using,this will be a chicken based formula, with Emu Oil and all the holistic benefits that all the BlackHawk range has.

Yes can also send you a feline sample will need your details if you can email them to me,

Regards

Sherel

Sherel does the shampoo, conditioner come in trial size?

Also i already feed the light formula, how different will the new formula be?

Would it be possible to get a trial size of cat food sent out? Im happy to pay. My old girl whos 20 now no longer eats dry but t id love to try my Birman boy on it, he is 7 and shows great interest in the dogs food.

Hi Everyone

Regards

Sherel

Is it a new 'light' formula or is the normal food now going to be lighter? :) thanks