Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

At last Black Hawk is available south of Adelaide, it is available at:-

Hackham Fodder Store, 31 Chapman Rd, Hackham. ph 8384 1363.

edited to say that if it is difficult to pick up in business hours, I am happy to pick it up, and it can be collected from me

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone with pups use the puppy formula? I have a 6 month old ACDx who has been underweight since the day we got him, he gets 2 cups of adult BH a day plus treats and a chicken wing (most days, sometimes we forget) but he is still really skinny, worming is up to date. He currently weighs 14.3kg, I think he needs to be about 15kg at the moment to be a good weight..so should I invest in some puppy BH to try and bulk him up a bit? or increase the adult food he is getting? 2 cups a day already seems like a lot

Does anyone know why they have changed the packaging to proper packaging with pictures and stuff on it? Will it start costing more?

For the sake of prettyness and making it look more like a genuine product. I don't think it will make the product cost more.. they changed it over quite a while ago.

Does anyone know why they have changed the packaging to proper packaging with pictures and stuff on it? Will it start costing more?

For the sake of prettyness and making it look more like a genuine product. I don't think it will make the product cost more.. they changed it over quite a while ago.

I beleive it was due to at least one other company putting their food into a white bag and labelling Lamb & Rice Holistic (but not being the same ingredients) so BH had to differentiate itself from the others trying to cut in. They have not increased the wholesale price.

Guest donatella

I think the puppy formula has more fat in it and 6 months is still a pup. I'm still finishing a bag of puppy BH and my girl is 9 months but the rep said shes fine to finish the bag. Probably wouldnt hurt for you to switch him to the puppy formula :)

Does anyone with pups use the puppy formula? I have a 6 month old ACDx who has been underweight since the day we got him, he gets 2 cups of adult BH a day plus treats and a chicken wing (most days, sometimes we forget) but he is still really skinny, worming is up to date. He currently weighs 14.3kg, I think he needs to be about 15kg at the moment to be a good weight..so should I invest in some puppy BH to try and bulk him up a bit? or increase the adult food he is getting? 2 cups a day already seems like a lot

Do you get yours from Julana? I've been meaning to send her an email to see when she is delivering up my way next, but I need to concentrate on studying for an exam...I'm not really on DOL....I'm just a figment of your imagination lmao

I think the puppy formula has more fat in it and 6 months is still a pup. I'm still finishing a bag of puppy BH and my girl is 9 months but the rep said shes fine to finish the bag. Probably wouldnt hurt for you to switch him to the puppy formula :)

Guest donatella

Haha, yep I get mine from julana although one 3kg bag seems to be lasting me forever. I think she does fairy regular runs :)

Haha, yep I get mine from julana although one 3kg bag seems to be lasting me forever. I think she does fairy regular runs :)

She does fairy runs? aww wow, I just picked up my bag from a service station lmao

I didn't realise Julana was a member on here, she just PMed me to give me her dates for her next trips up to Brisbane... gotta love her service, happy to keep supporting her :)

Considering you have just one midget dog...its no surprise one 3kg bag lasts forever lol, I have two large dogs...you do the math lol

I bought a bag of Black Hawk for my greyhounds off Tim at Whitey's Petfood Ballarat a while back, like the formula, the only thing I didn't like about the product is the "ball bearing" size pellets, fine for small breeds but IMO larger pellet size would be better suited to greyhounds and larger breeds. Any thoughts on putting out an "ADULT" size kibble too for larger breeds????

At our place we have GSDs, rotties, aussie sheps, jrt and frenchies and not one of them has an issue with the size of the kibble. :)

I bought a bag of Black Hawk for my greyhounds off Tim at Whitey's Petfood Ballarat a while back, like the formula, the only thing I didn't like about the product is the "ball bearing" size pellets, fine for small breeds but IMO larger pellet size would be better suited to greyhounds and larger breeds. Any thoughts on putting out an "ADULT" size kibble too for larger breeds????

At our place we have GSDs, rotties, aussie sheps, jrt and frenchies and not one of them has an issue with the size of the kibble. :)

Yes, neither does my Golden...it goes down whole regardless of the size, I'd much rather her eat small kibble whole than large kibble lol

Hi all I'm feeding my dog black hawk and its condion and coat is A1.. the only probs I have is his teeth are all going brown from it does any one know why? hes 9 months old and i have been feeding it for the last 5 months, thanks in advance.

First question... when you say his teeth are brown, are you referring to the actual tooth being brown?

Or is he getting a build-up of tartar along his gumline?

Do you allow him to have any fresh bones to chew on?

Hi thanks for your help its on the gum line.. I also give them chicken wings and necks 2x a week

First question... when you say his teeth are brown, are you referring to the actual tooth being brown?

Or is he getting a build-up of tartar along his gumline?

Do you allow him to have any fresh bones to chew on?

Hi thanks for your help its on the gum line.. I also give them chicken wings and necks 2x a week

Hi, I have found that feeding lamb brisket weekly to my dogs have cleaned their teeth up... you could try that. I also feed BH and its a great product.

Yes, neither does my Golden...it goes down whole regardless of the size, I'd much rather her eat small kibble whole than large kibble lol

Neither of my Border Collies have trouble with the size of the kibble. One eats it slowly & carefully, savouring every mouthful & the other eats it fairly quickly & both lick their plates clean afterwards. I give mine a meaty bone, usually 1/2 turkey neck DAILY & they have beautiful teeth & gums. So Jim1 maybe you should be feeding the bones more regularly & make sure they are bones they have to chew. Not sure what size dogs you have, but maybe they are just scoffing their chicken necks & bypassing their teeth & gums. ;)

Does anyone know where the best place is to get black hawk in sydney, im coming down next week from blue mountains into the city so anywhere also that route i can stop. Also would it be suitable for a 4 month Labrador pup? She has been on proplan but i havent been satisfied by it, she hasnt got much left now so if i could work out if black hawk would be suitable and slowy move her over to the black hawk.

Guest donatella

She does fairy runs? aww wow, I just picked up my bag from a service station lmao

I didn't realise Julana was a member on here, she just PMed me to give me her dates for her next trips up to Brisbane... gotta love her service, happy to keep supporting her :)

Considering you have just one midget dog...its no surprise one 3kg bag lasts forever lol, I have two large dogs...you do the math lol

Ahh my laptop died last week so my only form of Internet right now is via my phone excuse my fairy spelling mistakes hehe

I wish she'd get through it faster I'm ready to start her on the adult BH already, thankfully she's an active dog and not getting fat on the puppy formula at nearly 10 months old! Think I might just buy the adult one when she reaches 12 months anyway.

But yes, I can't really complain at $15 lasting months and months to feed one dawgy ;)

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.465174,153.076857

Hi Tara8430,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Leslie

0401 745 744

[email protected]

Does anyone know where the best place is to get black hawk in sydney, im coming down next week from blue mountains into the city so anywhere also that route i can stop. Also would it be suitable for a 4 month Labrador pup? She has been on proplan but i havent been satisfied by it, she hasnt got much left now so if i could work out if black hawk would be suitable and slowy move her over to the black hawk.