Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

It definately suits my two...they look wonderful on it :thumbsup: one has been on it now for over two years & the other since I got him as a pup. No problems with skin & absolutely no smell at all in my camp. They have maintained the perfect weight, tho I do have to keep an eye on it & if it starts to creep up, I cut down the kibble a bit. I bought my girl a 6.7 kilo bag of Earthborn Coastal Catch to give her a bit of a change. I had to give her 25% more & she lost almost 3 kilos by the time the bag was finished :eek: So now she is back on BH. When this bag of Lamb is finished I am going to start them on the Chicken. Just goes to show, that not all foods suit all dogs, but a DOLer did a poll just recently on "what dry food do you use" & the majority of DOL's voted for Black Hawk.

ETA Link to Poll on Dry Dog Food

And, that poll is well over a year old.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It definately suits my two...they look wonderful on it :thumbsup: one has been on it now for over two years & the other since I got him as a pup. No problems with skin & absolutely no smell at all in my camp. They have maintained the perfect weight, tho I do have to keep an eye on it & if it starts to creep up, I cut down the kibble a bit. I bought my girl a 6.7 kilo bag of Earthborn Coastal Catch to give her a bit of a change. I had to give her 25% more & she lost almost 3 kilos by the time the bag was finished :eek: So now she is back on BH. When this bag of Lamb is finished I am going to start them on the Chicken. Just goes to show, that not all foods suit all dogs, but a DOLer did a poll just recently on "what dry food do you use" & the majority of DOL's voted for Black Hawk.

ETA Link to Poll on Dry Dog Food

And, that poll is well over a year old.

The second link I put up was just Nov. 2012 162 people took the bother to vote...40 voted for BH 7 the next best was 24 for Royal Canine

Edited by sheena

Helping to fund Pets Paradise :eek:

Gee ...I didn't know that BH was the only brand of food that PP sold :laugh:

ETA...I wonder how many other Dry Dog Food manufacturers, besides BH, made generous donations to the recent fire

victims :thumbsup:

Edited by sheena

Well the penny has dropped. Sadly I'm taking mine off BH as despite them doing well on it (coat, poo) my two older westies seem to have become yeasty and scratchy on it. My Westie girl in particular has been itching like there's no tomorrow and the old boy appears to have a yeasty ear.

Same scenario here with our two - with dandruff to boot unfortunately :(

I know when it comes down to it BH is a business, but I must admit I was a tad disappointed to see a huge promotion for it in Pets Parasites today :( I'd heard good things about Evo which I'm led to believe was a PP only product until recently, so there's really not much that's turning me away from giving that a try now :(

I think I can safely say that out of all the Major brands of pet food available in Australia, Artemis is the only 1 that you will not find in a pet shop selling puppies & Kittens.

My guys have been on BH for a long time now, long before it was in shops. Two of mine are on the tubby side so I have to watch what they eat the other two maintain perfect weight. They are currently eating the chicken and loving it. They don't need a lot to maintain weight. A bad lasts me about 6 weeks. 3 of mine get fed once a day and one twice a day. All health and happy here. The price has gone up to what we were paying but that was inevitable once it went into shops. Very happy with it.

My boy was on it well before it was in the shops too. But then he just went down hill & within 24 hours of me swapping his dry food from BH to Earth born Holistic, the yeasty odour about him vanished

& within 3 weeks his coat had made big improvements :)

Edited by BC Crazy

This is a more recent poll What you feed your dogs If it's the most popular dry dog food for DOL's it must have something good going for it :thumbsup: Maybe this thread only attracts those people who are not happy with it....those who are happy with it, which is the majority of users, couldn't be bothered coming into this thread, because they know, if they do, then they will get pounced on by the small, but vocal number of unhappy customers.

I don't see that though. Some people have posted positive feedback and others negative feedback. I think it's important that all feedback is given. I had a bad experience with BH as it gave my dogs gurgling tummies, terrible flatulence etc. If others have good experiences then that's great.

But if negative feedback is given, then what's important is how BH responds. I think it's natural for some people to feel unsatisfied or frustrated if it appears the issues raised are not being addressed. To be honest, that's part of the reason why I won't use BH again, because I am not personally satisfied with the responses (or in some cases, lack of response) to date from BH in regards to issues raised in this thread. But that's just me. :)

This is a more recent poll What you feed your dogs If it's the most popular dry dog food for DOL's it must have something good going for it :thumbsup: Maybe this thread only attracts those people who are not happy with it....those who are happy with it, which is the majority of users, couldn't be bothered coming into this thread, because they know, if they do, then they will get pounced on by the small, but vocal number of unhappy customers.

I don't see that though. Some people have posted positive feedback and others negative feedback. I think it's important that all feedback is given. I had a bad experience with BH as it gave my dogs gurgling tummies, terrible flatulence etc. If others have good experiences then that's great.

But if negative feedback is given, then what's important is how BH responds. I think it's natural for some people to feel unsatisfied or frustrated if it appears the issues raised are not being addressed. To be honest, that's part of the reason why I won't use BH again, because I am not personally satisfied with the responses (or in some cases, lack of response) to date from BH in regards to issues raised in this thread. But that's just me. :)

Maybe Black Hawk doesn't come into DOL any more...I havn't seen her on here for a long, long time. If I had issues, I would be more inclined to post on their Facebook Page or contact them direct through their website, rather than expect them to be reading DOL Forums all the time. I just posted on their FB page to raise the issue of the rumour about them supporting Pets Paradise & I will expect a response. :)

ETA ..Nor would I be expecting the manufacturers of the other brands of dog food to be perusing DOL Forums either. If I had a complaint with them, then I would contact them direct. :shrug:

Edited by sheena

I think I can safely say that out of all the Major brands of pet food available in Australia, Artemis is the only 1 that you will not find in a pet shop selling puppies & Kittens.

Of course - it is a business after all and had the BH food not disagreed with my two as of late (they did beautifully on it a few years ago) I would have continued to purchase it. I still find it disappointing though.

Maybe Black Hawk doesn't come into DOL any more...I havn't seen her on here for a long, long time. If I had issues, I would be more inclined to post on their Facebook Page or contact them direct through their website, rather than expect them to be reading DOL Forums all the time. I just posted on their FB page to raise the issue of the rumour about them supporting Pets Paradise & I will expect a response. :)

ETA ..Nor would I be expecting the manufacturers of the other brands of dog food to be perusing DOL Forums either. If I had a complaint with them, then I would contact them direct. :shrug:

I have no idea whether all the issues that others have experienced have been raised with BH outside of this forum or not. Whether or not they choose to do that is up to them. I simply explained why, in part, I haven't used BH again.

I would hope this type of information, that is honest reasons why people are not using the product, is seen as constructive feedback which can be taken on board and used to improve products and services.

I have no idea whether all the issues that others have experienced have been raised with BH outside of this forum or not. Whether or not they choose to do that is up to them. I simply explained why, in part, I haven't used BH again.

I would hope this type of information, that is honest reasons why people are not using the product, is seen as constructive feedback which can be taken on board and used to improve products and services.

But it is only going to be constructive if it is conveyed to Black Hawk & that is not going to happen because , to my knowlege, BH does not come into DOL anymore. So if people really thought there was a problem (& I think, like all foods, there will always be some dogs that will have problems) then they should be being constructive & contacting Black Hawk direct. Doesn't that make sense ?????

But it is only going to be constructive if it is conveyed to Black Hawk & that is not going to happen because , to my knowlege, BH does not come into DOL anymore. So if people really thought there was a problem (& I think, like all foods, there will always be some dogs that will have problems) then they should be being constructive & contacting Black Hawk direct. Doesn't that make sense ?????

Given that BH has been on here in the past they would be aware of many of the issues already, so it wouldn't be surprising if people chose not to contact them directly. The decision to contact them would also be influenced by a whole range of other factors such as perceptions of whether the feedback would be taken seriously and acted upon. Notwithstanding that companies themselves have a vested interest in monitoring feedback on forums.

But all this is beside the point, which is the way companies respond to negative feedback influences public perception, and is one of the reasons why I no longer use the product.

So you tell me....when was Black Hawk last on this forum....Last I saw her on here, she was answering peoples questions. Can you even tell me what her user name was....I know what it was....but I am asking you, seeing that you believe that she frequents these pages & knows what is being said.

So you tell me....when was Black Hawk last on this forum....Last I saw her on here, she was answering peoples questions. Can you even tell me what her user name was....I know what it was....but I am asking you, seeing that you believe that she frequents these pages & knows what is being said.

I'm not going to enter into a needless debate on this, suffice to say I have of course read her responses in the past (including those that were subsequently deleted from the thread).

It's a real shame that what should be received as constructive feedback is met with such defensiveness in this thread.