Cavalier Foster Carers Required

Jed

We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :o :o We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If the boy who is staying here was better with other dogs I'd offer them accom here.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :D, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :(

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest choice_brandy
We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :o :o We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If the boy who is staying here was better with other dogs I'd offer them accom here.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :D, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :(

Unfortunately, as we'd be leaving from the Gold Coast and traveling by night... we probably wont be going down the New England. If I can find a day spare though I would be happy to meet you half way perhaps and make a dedicated trip.

Jed, where are the Cav's now? I have a feeling they are in the Kingaroy area? If you need someone to pick them up and take them to Brisbane to hook-up with someone for their temporary home, we can perhaps do that.

We are on Russell Island but have a car on the mainland and have a couple of crates.

We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :cheer::o We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :rofl:, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :)

Unfortunately, as we'd be leaving from the Gold Coast and traveling by night... we probably wont be going down the New England. If I can find a day spare though I would be happy to meet you half way perhaps and make a dedicated trip.

no go the New England - much better, less towns, less traffic, quicker provided you drive carefully to miss the roos :rofl: and you can call in and have a cup of tea with me no matter the hour (provided you don't mind me in my jarmies :D )

Guest choice_brandy
We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :cheer::o We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :rofl:, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :)

no go the New England - much better, less towns, less traffic, quicker provided you drive carefully to miss the roos :rofl: and you can call in and have a cup of tea with me no matter the hour (provided you don't mind me in my jarmies :D )

We tried that route when we brought our foster dogs up and it was terrible... dirt roads - tonnes of trucks - heavy fog and kamikaze kangaroos for hours... a 9/10 hour trip took us 16 instead. Once on the New England the trip is easier but getting across to it at the time we'd be leaving is just not worth the stress

We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :D :rofl: We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :D, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :laugh:

A Bump here ... how is this looking Jed ??

no go the New England - much better, less towns, less traffic, quicker provided you drive carefully to miss the roos :o and you can call in and have a cup of tea with me no matter the hour (provided you don't mind me in my jarmies :rofl: )

We tried that route when we brought our foster dogs up and it was terrible... dirt roads - tonnes of trucks - heavy fog and kamikaze kangaroos for hours... a 9/10 hour trip took us 16 instead. Once on the New England the trip is easier but getting across to it at the time we'd be leaving is just not worth the stress

We'll be heading down to Sydney within the next couple of weeks to take one of our foster dogs to his new forever home :D :rofl: We might be able to help with transporting one or two of your dogs with us to Sydney if its any help. We wont have room for crates, but I have some cav sized car harnesses if they are ok travelling that way.

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :D, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :laugh:

no go the New England - much better, less towns, less traffic, quicker provided you drive carefully to miss the roos :o and you can call in and have a cup of tea with me no matter the hour (provided you don't mind me in my jarmies :rofl: )

If Jed considered my offer and you were going down the New England Highway (which is the quickest way to Sydney from QLD in any event) I live 5 minutes off it :rofl:, just north of Tamworth. I would be happy to drive the cavalier/s back to Brisbane if necessary early next year :o

Thanks so much for the offer, I'll talk to choice brandy - I can't drive yet, so wont be driving them anywhere. The big problem with sending them away is the expense of getting them back. And of getting them there, but if they could be brought back .... well.

Thanks for all the input guys, just going away to work on it a bit. Will get back to you.

Edited to correct - I have been driving a little lately, gradually extending further from home - but an hour or two is certainly beyond my so far limited talents at the moment.

Edited by Jed

Jed, I have been watching everything that has happened to you and hate to think that you would have to rehome your beloved Cav's

If you would be interested, I would be happy to cover costs, we could take 2 or even all 4 for you, till whenever you want them back. I am in WA and will cover costs for both getting them over here and back to you when you wish

PM me if you are interested

Jed, I have been watching everything that has happened to you and hate to think that you would have to rehome your beloved Cav's

If you would be interested, I would be happy to cover costs, we could take 2 or even all 4 for you, till whenever you want them back. I am in WA and will cover costs for both getting them over here and back to you when you wish

Wow!!! How kind, Holly's mum :confused::laugh:

Physio today, and am really worn out. May never walk again!!
Jeez, Jed! I don't know we realised how badly burnt you were. :) :p ;) :heart: I wish Harminee's magic wand she used in the "waiting room" was for real.

That is so kind of you HM. :confused:

Jed, I can't imagine what you've gone through, I really hope your able to find someone to look after the Cavs until you can have them home again next year. Lots of kind offers of help here too, Dol really looks after it's own. :laugh:

Thanks, Caz. Yep, agree, have had some wonderful offers, transport, people offering to donate, take dogs, pay freight. I really do appreciate all of you. And your efforts on behalf of the dogs.