Groomed And Now He's Hella Horny!

Skruffy n Flea

'allo :confused:

i had my two swfs groomed today and even before leaving the salon, bryon just hasn't left bella alone --- well, they're both sleeping now BUT from about 3pm today 'til say 10 pm tonight, byron just could not keep his thrusting hips to himself!

every time bella moved, he was on her; left side, top side, back side!!!

i have to say that i've not seen his lippy that much in one day as i have in the 12 months since we adopted him! OH tells me that he doesn't think it's dominance one wee bit; that it's most definitely sexual!!! really!?!?

is this normal behaviour for a freshly groomed 3 yo [desexed] male dog?!? bella most certainly is a looker and yeah, she smelled purdy but DAMN, byron just wouldn't, NAY couldn't leave her alone!

any advice dolers!?!?

I would be incline to think maybe it is dominace and that Byron thinks Bella is a different dog whom he needs to make sure hes the boss of? but I could be totally off base there!

Whats he like with strange dogs in general does he get alittle humpy?

he could always just be totally jealous and humping her seems like the right way to bring her down a peg LOL

Unless he is really irritating her, I'd leave them to it. :shrug:

When I groom any of my littlies, they go crazy, do the zoomies, try to impress each other, show us "how beautiful" they are - the ones who haven't yet had their grooming are jealous and can get a bit hyper trying to get to the freshly groomed dog - it's all a bit of fun (until someone gets hurt :laugh:)

So maybe it's a little dog thing?? :confused:

just keep them separate until he gets over it.

There are a few dogs I groom and each time they get like that with the other dog they live with.

Same. The owners comment it's only ever on grooming days :)

It happens here! And I have two desexed boys :) Cal will not leave Finn alone after Finn gets a haircut, but it just lasts for that one day!

I only had the one dog, but my Poodle used to be a right royal show-off after she'd been clipped.

Used to strut her stuff something wonderful.

A soon as we got home, she's prance around showing off to the family, then we'd jump the fence and show off to the neighbours too. :laugh:

They used to think is was so funny the way she'd strut around their lounge room showing off. :eek:

Thier male Poodle did not, however, get excited enough to misbehave himself. :o

Edited by noisymina

My Daisy occasionally used to hump my cockers head :laugh: but she hasn't humped anything for ages - until the other day!

My cat went to the vet as she had a bee sting (she was soon back to herself), but Daisy kept sniffing her once she was back from the vets, and then tried this on :o

Foolish dog :o

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/scr...rent=Daisy2.mp4

I just happened to have my camera in hand as she approached Indy, needless to say she didn't try it again :eek:

I can only assume it was because Indy smelt of the vets :eek:

He's attracted to whatever perfume she's wearing...

I had a male Rottie that would only look at a bitch in heat if I washed her in a particular doggy shampoo... truly weird!

T.

Is it wrong that I'm sitting here giggling at doggy fetishes.

I'm giggling too :rofl: How funny, dogs are so weird!

CrazyCresties, your Indy is a bit more feisty then my Charlie cat, Saxon doesn't normally try to hump the cats but must have been feeling tough one day because I looked around to see him on top of Charlie slow motion hip thrusting away, having a great old time. Pathetic Charlie was just sitting there looking half annoyed, half scared :rofl: I wish I'd had a camera.

Gambit humps Jorja after I have brushed or bathed her.

He seems to object to any dog or cat getting attention. I react and tell him to get off etc. So maybe its me who has taught him how to get some attention.

thanks y'all for the replies :(

it certainly was an interesting experience and thankfully, it was over in a day :( --- they normally roughhouse several times throughout the day with there being an even 'top dog' balance but byron was almost relentless in his pursuit! oh, and i neglected to mention that byron did the ole air hump too :( i've never witnessed him doing that before!

becks, bella didn't appear stressed by byron's attention and given she is top dog, i deferred to her but kept a close eye on them all the same ;)

tdierikx, i did wonder about the perfume but they've both worn that scent before :cheer: --- your story about the rotti and the special shampoo made me giggle...

sammy, he is quite aloof with strange dogs, rarely approaching them and the only time i did see him show interest and it was in a playful way, it was with another little dog he's come to know at the dog park --- he certainly doesn't assert dominance :p

t-time, i have to admit that the zoomies that afternoon were most entertaining, particularly when the kitty decided to get involved :cheer:

dogmad, under any other circumstance, i most certainly would put a stop to such behaviour but this episode seemed to be directly related to being groomed :cheer:

noisymina, your post made me laugh :cheer:

crazycresties, :laugh: when i risk life and limb to return bobbie [10 mo kitten] to safe ground, bella shows her displeasure by humping bobbie :) bobbie just lays there and takes it but perhaps in time, bobbie will exact certain revenge having endured such humiliation :cheer:

again, thanks to everyone for the replies --- and i had a good chuckle to boot!