Best Promotion Of Purebred Dogs

Souff

Its not about being 'racist'. It about promoting how wonderful pb dogs are - especially in the face of puppy farmers and byb'ers breeding oodles etc and claiming they are 'better' than purebred dogs. I don't have a problem with the dogs themselves - my issue is with the people who breed them.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with labsrule, we are proud of our dogs and dont need anyone coming in here with a negative attitude towards them.

if kyliestar wants to bag breeders, she can do it in another thread or on another forum

i didnt bag breeders, i pointed out the arrogance in the original post. we're meant to be teaching tolerance and acceptance within the human race to our children but how are we meant to do that when we can't even do it with our dogs? it's intimidating to come onto a forum and be confronted by people boasting about their dogs because they came from the top breeder in the country, it's like going to a dinner party and having someone boast about their child going to the most expensive private school and going on about how much better it is than the one you could afford to send your child to.

anyway, i didnt come here to argue, i came to talk about dogs, in all shapes and sizes.

i agree with labsrule, we are proud of our dogs and dont need anyone coming in here with a negative attitude towards them.

if kyliestar wants to bag breeders, she can do it in another thread or on another forum

Don't forget that this forum has a M & M - Mutts and Mongrels of undetermined heritage - thread.

Also I haven't found any other forums in Australia that are as active as this one or hves as many knowledgeable members so once again surely the way to go is positive education not elitism and snobbishness.

Don't forget that this forum has a M & M - Mutts and Mongrels of undetermined heritage - thread.

Also I haven't found any other forums in Australia that are as active as this one or hves as many knowledgeable members so once again surely the way to go is positive education not elitism and snobbishness.

again, stay on topic, this thread was for PURE BRED dog owners, no one is talking about M&M's in this thread, there are other threads for them.

i get really annoyed when threads are dragged off topic because someone is arrogant enough to derail them with their pet peeves.

Back on the original topic :( I just went up to the local Petbarn and took Acheron (Dobe) with me. We got alot of attention and lovely comments about how beautiful people thought he was and 2 ladies and their children in particular were quite taken with him. (it helped that he was being extra cute by carrying around a bumblebee squeaky toy) One lady asked what he was but only because she had forgotton the name of his breed, she did recognise him as a purebred though. One of the kids squealed when she first saw him and asked if he was 'vicious' but quickly joined in the cuddling and patting that he was receiving. All in all a good promotion of purebred dogs and Dobermanns in particular! :)

The elitist attitude of some breeders can put a pet buyer off, wouldn't positive education be a better option?

Surely the attitude of pedigree breeders effects the general person who just wants to have a pet dog.

How is being proud of one's purebred dog "elitist"? If people find the attitude of those who are proud of their chosen breed and the dogs they breed "elitist" and off putting, I can only suggest they choose another avenue to find their pet.

Especially if they are not fussed (or don't understand) re the benefits of the dog being purebred.

technically every breed of domesticated dog was a crossbreed at some point in their history, how many generations does it take for a crossbreed to become a pure bred? just interested to know..

so i was walking my american staffy the other day and some people came up and asked if they could pat him to which i said "of course". the kids didnt care that he was pure bred, they were too busy enjoying the kisses from my boy and laughing at his big grin.

i didnt bag breeders, i pointed out the arrogance in the original post. we're meant to be teaching tolerance and acceptance within the human race to our children but how are we meant to do that when we can't even do it with our dogs? it's intimidating to come onto a forum and be confronted by people boasting about their dogs because they came from the top breeder in the country, it's like going to a dinner party and having someone boast about their child going to the most expensive private school and going on about how much better it is than the one you could afford to send your child to.

anyway, i didnt come here to argue, i came to talk about dogs, in all shapes and sizes.

If you are intimidated by this forum where people can PROUDLY boast about their dogs coming from a top breeder, wait until you really get into DOL and read & participate in some other threads :laugh: you will be heading for the exit door very quickly :) This a purebred forum to discuss and promote purebred dogs, not the human race and teaching tolerance and acceptance :laugh: . Good luck in finding a forum that does that, I am sure it would be most entertaining and rather explosive :( Anyway now to get this thread back on topic :laugh:

so i was walking my american staffy the other day and some people came up and asked if they could pat him to which i said "of course". the kids didnt care that he was pure bred, they were too busy enjoying the kisses from my boy and laughing at his big grin.

you just dont get it do you.

this thread is here for a reason and you obviously havent read all the threads because you are too new to understand the reason behind this thread.

how about you familiarise yourself with some of the recent topics before you start getting rude and arrogant and going off topic?

Back on the original topic :laugh: I just went up to the local Petbarn and took Acheron (Dobe) with me. We got alot of attention and lovely comments about how beautiful people thought he was and 2 ladies and their children in particular were quite taken with him. (it helped that he was being extra cute by carrying around a bumblebee squeaky toy) One lady asked what he was but only because she had forgotton the name of his breed, she did recognise him as a purebred though. One of the kids squealed when she first saw him and asked if he was 'vicious' but quickly joined in the cuddling and patting that he was receiving. All in all a good promotion of purebred dogs and Dobermanns in particular! :)

We pick up our Dobe puppy in a couple of weeks :(

I haven't seen one 'out and about' on the street being walked or in the park etc since I was a kid, so people don't really get to see them these days!

technically every breed of domesticated dog was a crossbreed at some point in their history, how many generations does it take for a crossbreed to become a pure bred? just interested to know..

That's the same tired and boring argument that some new members bring to the forum in their efforts to bring down purebred dogs and their breeders.

You missed this question in my post so shall put it in again for you

How is being proud of one's purebred dog "elitist"?

I am proud of my purebreds dogs.

Thanks to Souff for what should have been a light hearted thread to promote the beauty and benefits of purebred dogs :)

Edited by xavier

If you are intimidated by this forum where people can PROUDLY boast about their dogs coming from a top breeder, wait until you really get into DOL and read & participate in some other threads :laugh: you will be heading for the exit door very quickly :) This a purebred forum to discuss and promote purebred dogs, not the human race and teaching tolerance and acceptance :laugh: . Good luck in finding a forum that does that, I am sure it would be most entertaining and rather explosive :( Anyway now to get this thread back on topic :laugh:

i'm a little confused, you don't believe in teaching tolerance and acceptance to future generations? you'd prefer segregation from those whom are different than you?

i understand that there are health benefits of getting your dog from a breeder, but i still think that the way you guys are going about promoting it are offensive to those who haven't.

this is off topic from the original topic but that's the nature of the internet.

i'm a little confused, you don't believe in teaching tolerance and acceptance to future generations? you'd prefer segregation from those whom are different than you?

i understand that there are health benefits of getting your dog from a breeder, but i still think that the way you guys are going about promoting it are offensive to those who haven't.

this is off topic from the original topic but that's the nature of the internet.

But not the nature of this forum...please read the forum rules

I think you'll find that dog people will boast about their dogs whether they're purebreds or not. Do you not boast about yours?

That's the same tired and boring argument that some new members bring to the forum in their efforts to bring down purebred dogs and their breeders.

You missed this question in my post so shall put it in again for you

How is being proud of one's purebred dog "elitist"?

I am proud of my purebreds dogs.

Thanks to Souff for what should have been a light hearted thread to promote the beauty and benefits of purebred dogs :)

its elitist because having a pure breed doesn't make you any better than someone who has a cross breed, and if you're saying, "well my pure breeds were walking down the street and everyone commented on how nice they looked" why not just say, "i was walking my dogs down the street and people commented on how nice they looked"? why the need to add in that they're pure breeds? the only reason you put it there is so you can show off and feel wiser than someone who has got their dog elsewhere. i could have got my dogs papers when i got him, but i didnt because i didnt care, i didnt need to prove that he hasn't been "tainted" by another breed. the rest of this forum is really interesting, but threads like this remind me of high school.

I think you'll find that dog people will boast about their dogs whether they're purebreds or not. Do you not boast about yours?

there's a difference between saying, "dont you think my dog is cute." and "my dog is cuter than yours because i bought him from a top breeder and you bought a dirty mix breed from the newspaper."

The thread is about the promotion of purebreed dogs. Not much point having a thread about the promotion of purebreed dogs if you don't mention purebreed dogs in it :)

it is labeled as a purebreed forum but there is a whole section dedicated to rehoming orphaned dogs, most of which would not be pure bred.

and about 95% of the topics aren't specific at pure breeds so if it's not being moderated i wouldn't think the general population would have a problem with it?