Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canberra is a great course through the showgrounds. It was very wet when I judged there last year (torrential rain). I think Jenny Kenworthy has changed the date to TBA as she would like a better climate and less risk of cold and rain to conduct the ET. When I last spoke with her, she thought it may be held in September. Good luck!

M

Abbiestar commented on the Canberra ET earlier... Not much to go on though :laugh:

Abbiestar commented on the Canberra ET earlier... Not much to go on though :laugh:

The ET in Canberra is held at the showgrounds. It is mainly level though there are a few small hills as you go down to different tiers of level land. It covers mainly gravelled areas and grass and a smaller amount of bitumen.

The course itself is very well designed and, as the crow flies, you do not get too far away from the starting point at the GSD clubrooms.

It is a good course and I think well worth the effort to travel to and enter.

M

We might stop doing laps of the footy grounds now and get out and tackle some small hills, besides each time we do a lap and get back to the car he slows down as if to say " mum you missed my stop"

:rofl: love it Sir sniffalot

my boy went pchyco this alvo, he saw OH put a new bike rake on the back of the wagon & one of the grandkids bikes, (just to see how it looked) Orlando got that worked up he thought we were going for another bike ride.

Oh bugga had to burst his bubble :cry: no biking today

Guest CaptainCourageous

Someone mentioned yesterday that the Dally ET site is nice. I've only ever done Cherry Lake (four times).

Someone mentioned yesterday that the Dally ET site is nice. I've only ever done Cherry Lake (four times).

Hi CC,

I judged the Dally Club ET in 2009 at Tatterson Park in Keysborough.

Personally, I prefer Cherry Lake, but the Dally Club venue is also good. The grounds are mainly gravel, a little bit of grass and not too much bitumen.

It is held around the Springers Leisure Centre in Keysborough. It is completely level ground, no hills. If wet, it could be a bit slushy.

Like Cherry Lake, the grounds are also open to and shared with the public whilst the ET is in operation.

M

Thanks, l was going to call tomorrow to find out when it would be available.

Does Test 1 and Test 2 mean they are running two groups ?

Yes, they are running two groups. Last year they had about 40 entrants, so it needed to be over two groups.

Group 1 will start at 10.00am and Group 2 at 10.30.

M

Wow that is a good turnout, we are heading up from Vic if anyone wants to tag along. Isaac's training is going great he's so different to Hamish, really nice and relaxed off to obedience to tackle that side of things with the little show pony.

Is anyone here doing the Ipswich ET on the 31st?? I'm not looking forward to the early start to get there but I think we've done enough training to do it!

Best of luck to all who are competing at Ipswich on the 31st!

Hope it is a good turn out and a good day.

M

:rofl: RS - that's what happens when you start getting blase about titles ;) :bolt:

murve, that's what Dogs Tas does if you don't pay extra for fast tracking.

I won't be blase about a CDX if/when that comes my way, let me assure you!!! Or a retrieving related one :p

Hey Tassie :provoke:

Got the CDX title on Sunday and submitted the title application first thing Monday :rofl: :rofl: Only took me a couple of weeks to submit the AD! :p

:rofl: So do we take it that the CDX meant more - or that you sweated more blood to get it. :laugh:

Good luck to those doing ET this weekend - may the weather gods smile on you, and may you enjoy it as much as we did.

Are there people out there who you could pay to be a runner instead of bike riding ??

I havea dog who i would like to ET title but the bike aspect isn't his thing BUT he is a great steady runner & i believe would prefer this method .

Looking at Perth but if im east that could be an option

WEll Abbiestar

I will get to meet you iin Canberra, I have sent the Diva's entry off. :dancingelephant: Now got to get basck to training again.

I know that there will be about 4 GSD's from Sydney coming down to Canberra. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Canberra.

My obedience club isn't happy with me as our club trial is on on the Sunday as well, and I normally supply a few nibbles for the judges for it.

WEll Abbiestar

I will get to meet you iin Canberra, I have sent the Diva's entry off. :dancingelephant: Now got to get basck to training again.

I know that there will be about 4 GSD's from Sydney coming down to Canberra. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Canberra.

My obedience club isn't happy with me as our club trial is on on the Sunday as well, and I normally supply a few nibbles for the judges for it.

I look forward to meeting you!

There will be two groups running, so please say hello even if you are not placed in my group.

M