2011 Brags Thread

Another Q for Jedi - Elementary jumping!

AND he did his weavers twice today!!!

Unfortunately he had no chance in his agility runs because he's now petrified of contact obstacles after his incident with the dogwalk yesterday. :( poor boy!

well done with the jumping & weaving!!!

I wish I had thought to suggest you put him

back on the dw yesterday. He did so well to stay on it as long as he did.

Don't worry, you'll be able to work through it :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The herding thread is too quiet for my brag :laugh:

I'm so proud, as she is only 6 1/2 months old. Second trial in 3 weeks, fingers crossed she gets her first official title at 7 months old. We have started playing in the PT ring too.

Next onto the CCD ring. Yay!

Wow - so young, and it shows how strong her instinct must be - well done and good luck when you venture into the CCD ring.

Thanks guys, can't wait to join your Training Talk thread soon.

Herding wise, she is such a calm little worker, and even though she is so young, she has been heavily socialized to life in general (helps being my only dog!). Exciting to work with as nothing in the environment rattles her but she is so sensitive to me and my handling/ commands.

Congrats to everyone else over the weekend! Dogs are so much fun :thumbsup:

Another Q for Jedi - Elementary jumping!

AND he did his weavers twice today!!!

Unfortunately he had no chance in his agility runs because he's now petrified of contact obstacles after his incident with the dogwalk yesterday. :( poor boy!

well done with the jumping & weaving!!!

I wish I had thought to suggest you put him

back on the dw yesterday. He did so well to stay on it as long as he did.

Don't worry, you'll be able to work through it :)

Yeah - I did some work with him in the ring (NFC) and he managed to walk down the end of the DW and do a contact and i did some extra work with food later... he refuses to budge when he is on the horizontal part, even with food. He is too scared to move a paw! I'll just have to do lots of work with him to build him back up. It's unfortunate because he used to LOVE doing his contacts.

TN - congratulations on your passes this weekend :thumbsup: I have been building confidence for Zig, especially on the see-saw and he is really coming along. Let me know if you would like some ideas.

Inevitablue - how wonderful to see such promise in a youngster. You must be delighted!!!

Jedi got his first jumping quallie today!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: I am THRILLED!!!!!! We finally got it together!

Well done :thumbsup: I meant to come up and say hi but didn't get time.

It was my first trial on Sat since having a baby. She was well behaved and I was able to get my 4 runs in. Got a quallie in JDX and I think in GD :thumbsup: (got someone to pick up my cards cause I didn't want to stay too late with baby so need to check GD). I went in just wanting to have a good time and a go, and had a much better result than I was expecting!

Edited by Kavik

:thumbsup: Inevitablue, TN and Kavik - that must feel good, Kavik - and good bub - like to see them starting their dog trial career early - good for them.

Bummer about the DW scare TN - that's a pain to have to work through.

Agility trial down here today - we had our usual share of DQs - but with some lovely bits and pieces in between - including a couple of super hard weave entries, where because I'd DQd already, I was able to just let the little tart go and trust her - she didn't let me down. :D She also did better on her see-saw - she'd had a few bale offs lately - although we did have a seesaw fault - not quite landed - which cost us an OA Q. And a 2 second hard luck story on a clear MJ run. One Q for the day - a 1st place in MA - good girlie. I'm just super happy that at almost 9 and a half, she's still having a ball.

Yeah - I did some work with him in the ring (NFC) and he managed to walk down the end of the DW and do a contact and i did some extra work with food later... he refuses to budge when he is on the horizontal part, even with food. He is too scared to move a paw! I'll just have to do lots of work with him to build him back up. It's unfortunate because he used to LOVE doing his contacts.

Hey TN, Ruby is proof that they can get over the fear and get back on it. She's had 2 scares now and so I've had to battle twice to get her back on the dogwalk, but she's been ok for most of this year and is trialling in agility. She has always feared "ramps" even before her dogwalk phobia started so she does creep up the dogwalk instead of running over it, but at least she's getting on there and wants to! I had to use loooooooooots of treats, also tried getting her to follow another dog over it, also had other exciting new handlers take her over. Just a combination of those and patience got her back on it. Good luck!! What happened, did I miss you posting about it? Congrats on your quallies, too!!!

Congrats Kavik and Tassie!

Millie picked up her first JDX pass today (only 3 qualifiers all up). I also had a bash at Novice Snooker with both girls. I went in with Millie first and messed it up royally (after she pulled out of the weaves and then took the tunnel twice, I politely excused ourselves :laugh:) I then went in with Ruby with a different game plan and we came out with a pass :)

Gees Rubystar your girls are getting quite an agility reputation - keep up the great work :thumbsup:

:o Thanks, but not really, we're pretty shocking. We just get lucky sometimes. When I get some time (ie. when/if priorities #1 and #2 shift), I will learn how to handle better so the runs look and feel nice, and not a hack job laugh.gif I'd really like to do that one day, but I need to prioritise! ;)

Congratulations on every ones passes. I thought I would put in my brag we had today the 3 day event which we hold here in adelaide its like the equestrian version dressage (obedience) cross country (agility) and showjumping (jumping) you have to nominate which class that you want to be in. I had both of my girls doing open master agility and master jumping and Inka won it being the only one to have passed in all 3 classes.

Inka won open with 188 and she did her sit stays again and Gabby well she was sitting on 191 and lay down in the sit stay but she won open jumping and master jumping and second in open agility and Inka won master agility and open agility and second in master jumping

Well done everyone - love seeing everyone going so well.

we had a great day at our BAD Club trial yesterday.

Xena went clear in Open Jumping, Open Agility and an Open game called Helter Skelter and won all 3 of them. Just missed advanced agility, but was super happy with how she worked and snooker was a bit of a disaster.

CK was super happy and drivey until his last run of the day. He managed to get a pass in snooker and got a 3rd for that. :)

All in all very successful - and the trial went off without a hitch. WOO HOO!

Hey TN, Ruby is proof that they can get over the fear and get back on it. She's had 2 scares now and so I've had to battle twice to get her back on the dogwalk, but she's been ok for most of this year and is trialling in agility. She has always feared "ramps" even before her dogwalk phobia started so she does creep up the dogwalk instead of running over it, but at least she's getting on there and wants to! I had to use loooooooooots of treats, also tried getting her to follow another dog over it, also had other exciting new handlers take her over. Just a combination of those and patience got her back on it. Good luck!! What happened, did I miss you posting about it? Congrats on your quallies, too!!!

Vickie might be able to describe what happened better than me, as an outsider's perspective. But he basically all but fell off the DW. He couldn't get his footing, started freaking out and so sped up and then launched off the top of the down-ramp. And now he refuses to get onto the DW and freezes if I lift him onto it. :(

Vickie might be able to describe what happened better than me, as an outsider's perspective. But he basically all but fell off the DW. He couldn't get his footing, started freaking out and so sped up and then launched off the top of the down-ramp. And now he refuses to get onto the DW and freezes if I lift him onto it. :(

Maybe go right back to basics to rebuild his confidence and get him used to walking the dog walk at ground level and then slowly building the height back up to full height. Maybe some rear end awareness work through a ladder might help his confidence as well.

They were just 2 ideas which popped into my head reading your post. I didn't see poor Jedi fall off the dog walk. Congrats on the jumping quallie :)

Edited by westielover

Poor Jedi :( I'd do as westielover suggested, back to basics with plank on the ground. I did that, then put the plank on a low table, increased the table height, then used the baby dogwalk for ages.

I didn't have the option of lifting Ruby back on laugh.gif It had to be all her! The downfall of having a larger dog laugh.gif

Thanks guys. I've had lots of great suggestions so thank you to everyone for your support! I will just have to chip away slowly...

Do you have a plank at home?

Maybe forget "training" on it and just feed his meals on it for awhile. You could sit on it with him as you feed him.