Who Takes Their Dog To Work?

kmaci

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Cole to work sometimes but not the other 2. My office is off the showroom an Cole will lie quietly under my desk or next to me and ignore anyone in the showroom - the other 2 want to go and do the meet and greet and that can be a bit intimidating for non dog lovers. The boys in the factory all like me bringing him in as well and he get visitors at lunch time etc.

I like taking a dog to work but I do fel that if you do the dog shouldn't interfere with your work or the business.

Yep Lorpis has come to work since he was a puppy. First clinic he had a bed in the staff room, but this one he has the backyard and back room of my boss's house, with their Newfie and rescue X Breed. Plus they have a pool so on hot days we get to swim in my lunch break or after my shift. It's a pretty hard job for both of us really :D

I had a job interview at an employment agency this morning and one of their employees brings her kelpie to work every day.

It got me thinking how many other people take their dogs to work with them?

Yep.

I sometimes have Agriculture classes and our dogs are working dogs, so there are a few lessons in that.

When there was a litter on the ground, I took the puppies, with the Dam and Sire, in to the Central school I taught in for the K -2 composite class.

I've also had to take a puppy with me to work, in transit to going interstate or overseas to its new home.

post-3970-1297243616_thumb.jpg

Edited by pewithers

I worked in a vet clinic and the owner hated my dogs there. Brought my bitch in once, she had the squirts and I couldnt stay home with her so put her in my crate in the spare room. I got a 'oh so you bring that thing in here to shit all over the surgery' O_o Dont worry my dog hated him with a passion too :D

I take one to work but they have to stay in the car, so its only on cold days. They like sitting in the shade watching the people go by, cars in our carpark so nothings going to happen to them.

My boss brings in her toy poodle everyday, he sleeps on our desks and starts poking and jumping up at about 11:50 to remind us that its nearly lunch time and he is hungry! He has free range of the office and the counter, meets and greets the customers all happy and waggy tailed, most of them love him and just swoon, he can be rascist though, so sometimes he has to be kept in the office... :D

I'd love to but work in the CBD and we have a term in our lease re no animals on the premises.

At an old job we had a resident poodle x and before he came along I took the cat to work when I had work being done - he had a great time! Spent the day either on my boss' desk or sitting behind him on his chair.

I'm also a Vet Nurse, so I can take Dory to work everyday. And I do. :D From time to time Oscar goes in and the other day when the heat was disgusting I packed up the cockatiels and they came too.

A previous clinic I worked at wasn't so accomodating, that was many, many years ago. They would whinge anytime you took an animal in. Which was a bit rough that you work so many hours at a Vet Clinic, but when your animal is sick you can't take them to see a Vet? Or take a few hours off to do so. Seemed a bit stupid. And was a part of the reason I left.

I wish I could take Portia to work with me when I have my own office (which is hopefully soon).

Building owners say 'no animals', our admin area where I work from now isn't set up well to accommodate for it, and my office manager is scared to the point of phobic of dogs. :D

I work at home, too. :confused: It's awesome. If I need a break I can just go play with the dogs for a bit. It's very soothing to have them sleeping around my feet while I work, they supervise all my movements around the house, and I get to spend more time with them. I really love working from home!