Vacuum's!

tommygirl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at it as an investment for your sanity :cry::)
I'm so shocked at the prices of Dysons :D

Agreed!

I spent hours (and i mean hours, on my hands and knees hours!) cleaning every weekend to get the hair that Jager leaves on my carpet.

Got my dyson and i LOVE it! Still have to vacuum every weekend but it is so much easier. Even managed to get the boyfriend to use it once or twice! Best investment ever!

I'm sadly excited by this topic! I recently got the Hoover Core Pet (cyclonic bagless) I love it!

I got it on sale at Godfreys for $270 reduced from $560.

It also comes with a hard floor head and pet drying and brushing attachments but I haven't used them yet :thumbsup:

I got this model for half price too but I don't think I'd have bought it if it had not been on sale. It's pretty good but not as powerful as my 10 year old Wertheim vaccy with a turbo head. It goes like the clappers and I reckon the carpeted areas of my house look much cleaner after they've been Wertheimed compared with a Hoovering.

harvey norman catalouge has a Dyson pet groomer accessory

it has a brush built into it and you vacumm the pet with it & just suck the hair off

it sells for $89

just have a look at the harvey norman catalouge on the net

Look at it as an investment for your sanity :hug::cry:
I'm so shocked at the prices of Dysons :)

Agreed!

I spent hours (and i mean hours, on my hands and knees hours!) cleaning every weekend to get the hair that Jager leaves on my carpet.

Got my dyson and i LOVE it! Still have to vacuum every weekend but it is so much easier. Even managed to get the boyfriend to use it once or twice! Best investment ever!

But worth every cent!!!

We have a Kambrook Soarer, which is well named as it sounds like a 747 taking off!! It is quite good though.

I have a Dyson handheld which I won from our NZ Pet magazine. :( It's brilliant!!! So much better than any other handhelds I've tried.

They're not cheap, but I would buy another one if anything happened to it!

Convinced the OH to go Dyson shopping on weekend!

(Is it weird that im kind of excited about it ?!?)

I get excited about anything that 's possibly going to make life easier!! :(

Since we're talking vacuuming and dogs. I just sprinkled some Bicarb Soda on the carpet, left it while I surfed the forum and then vacuumed. Really helps remove the "stale doggy smell" so that the pooches can now roll around and put "fresh doggy smell" down. :)

Convinced the OH to go Dyson shopping on weekend!

(Is it weird that im kind of excited about it ?!?)

I get excited about anything that 's possibly going to make life easier!! :(

Since we're talking vacuuming and dogs. I just sprinkled some Bicarb Soda on the carpet, left it while I surfed the forum and then vacuumed. Really helps remove the "stale doggy smell" so that the pooches can now roll around and put "fresh doggy smell" down. :)

Oh good tip with the BiCarb Thanks! I have just used that carpet spray before (the stuff that comes out like foam) but I dont think its that grand TBH so will give the BiCarb a go!

tommygirl unless you are rich, price Dyson's this weekend, and then watch the stores for a sale. You will save a couple of hundred.

Does the roomba pick up all the hair? Or does it miss bits?

Don't know about now, but Harvey Norman had Dysons (and possibly other models) on special last weekend. We were going to go have a look but didn't get time. IIRC they were about $200-$300 off depending on the model.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a revival...

Hadn't even heard of a roomba before reading this forum!

I just got the Roomba 562 Pet. It's literally just arrived at work and I cant wait to get it home... like others who have posted... I am sadly excited.. I have a question for the seasoned roomba users though:

does your dog/cat chase it? how 'bombproof' is it? Do you run it while you're out but the dog/cat is home? I plan on letting it run while I'm home but worried about setting it to run whilst I'm out...

We have a very expensive vac that has been a pain to use. I ended up going to Bunnings & bought a basic looking Ryobi barral vac for about $79 & it is great in the house & the kennals, it,s light weight - could,nt live without it. We have 2 long haired dogs & a long haired cat.