Sleep Easy Rex

Kirty

Tonight I had my foster boy Rex PTS. He was pulled from the pound a few months ago in very poor condition and it quickly became apparent that his issues would take more than good food to fix. He was skinny, greasy, had cloudy eyes, callouses on every joint, a wobbly gait, smashed and missing teeth, and bald patches. He had really nasty kennel cough that would see him turn blue as he tried to catch his breath. He was diagnosed with dry eye and allergies, but of most concern were his legs and spine. His back legs were unreliable and stiff. We hoped it was just arthritis, but no amount on pain relief or supplement would see them improve. I watched him gain weight, saw his coat become shiny again and the spark return to his eyes. But his legs continued to give him grief. He often fell and had trouble getting up. The stairs were a real challenge. The vet suspected wobblers. As much as his mind wanted to go on, his body was letting him down.

Rex loved his time here and it gives me comfort to know that he was happy and loved in his final months. He was the most loving, gorgeous, goofy boy and I wish things could have been different. I sprung him from the pound with the intention of giving him to my grandparents, but sadly it was not to be. Rex enjoyed a fresh bone today and had raw lamb roast for dinner. I fed him tonnes of treats and he was in my arms when he got his wings.

RIP Rexy boy. I'm so sorry I couldn't do more for you. I love you heaps, please wait for me. xxx

IMG_0476.jpg

Oh Kirty, he was just beautiful.

Thank you for making his final months filled with love and wonderful care :-)

run free at the bridge Rex with good legs and beautiful memories.

fifi xxxxx

:) Dobermans are the easiest dog to love. Kirty thank you for taking this boy on and giving him a the love and respect and kindness he so deserved. You allowed him to leave this world in a dignified manner...knowing he was worth something and truly loved.

RIP Rex

*hugz* to you Kirty. Your act of kindness made a difference.

Kirty, I have only just seen this. I cannot believe the way you turned Rex's condition around, the pound dog looked nothing like the one pictured above. Thank you for giving back Rex's self esteem, you couldn't fix his disability, but you gave him love & restored his dignity.