Is That A Male Newf, I Want To Use Him To Breed

newfsie

There are quite a few Dobes in our area now,but 10 years ago that wasn't the case.

We had a large male that was obviously a very poor example of the breed and was retarded to boot.(realy)

We had many people asking to use him for service and it realy got to us that even when we said no,he was not going to sire any pups,ever,peeps still tried to say it didn't bother them that he was reatrded,the pups would sell. :cheer:

Unbelievable!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing that people believe the just have the right to use your dog, then get mad if you say no?????

Oh but don't you know? They are "just" dogs *big roll of eyes* and breeding is the new in thing. Its like someone asking if they can borrow your iphone to look at.

I think that everyone whom gets an animal from anywhere should be checked to make sure they are all there, a lot of the people that have asked regarding Lila's "entireness" (including a final word of saying "but we'll split the profits!") don't seem to be "all there". I get very touchy on the subject of people whom treat animals as some sort of amusement/novelty/toy. My brother, unfortunately, is one of them. I have watched a great deal of animals go through his hands, without them being seen again. Never dogs though, I guess they are too much of an annoyance to him to begin with. A great deal of rabbits seemed to succumb to one problem or another under his hands :cheer: And he bought them all for the amusement of his daughter, whom I'm afraid is going to end up showing the same disregard and intolerability that he has shown.

Yes, it would be nice to see a whole bunch of little fluffy puppies and have a pat, but if they really want to do that, why don't they visit a registered breeder, have a pat and get it out of their system, and if they want money, why don't they try putting their efforts in obtaining dogs into working, or doing a drophsip business or something that actually can't hurt living things.

I just honestly wish I could *do* something, you know? If I had the room and the people, I would take in every stray and crossbreed in the ocuntry, then the monies for pounds, and for places like commercial rescues, and rspca could put their money towards law/legisilations (sp?) and stopping any more crossbreeding apart from where it is medically relevant (and must supply good evidence/reason, which 99.99 per cent of the time there isn't, especially not in the last 100 years anyway) and having all pets (not shows/breeders) desexed.

The thing that gets me is it is actually getting really bad in Aus, people are getting these little fluffy crossbreeds that turn into big dogs, then either get out or are dumped. They have then become feral, there is a whole class of feral dogs, especially in the more outback areas, and these are crossbreeding with dingos, so soon enough we may not even have many purebred wild dingos left, just feral crossbred dogs.

Whoa, I got way off the subject lol. Thats me when I follow a train of thought, hubby calls it the "Dr House" effect rofl.

Anyway, someone should deliver a healthy slap to one of these people to see if its similar to a trance, and they might wake up out of it, lol. WHom do you lobby about changing the laws of Aus in regards to animals though? And does it actually ever work?

I find it amazing that people believe the just have the right to use your dog, then get mad if you say no?????

Yes, it would be nice to see a whole bunch of little fluffy puppies and have a pat, but if they really want to do that, why don't they visit a registered breeder, have a pat and get it out of their system, and if they want money, why don't they try putting their efforts in obtaining dogs into working, or doing a drophsip business or something that actually can't hurt living things.

The thing that gets me is it is actually getting really bad in Aus, people are getting these little fluffy crossbreeds that turn into big dogs, then either get out or are dumped. They have then become feral, there is a whole class of feral dogs, especially in the more outback areas, and these are crossbreeding with dingos, so soon enough we may not even have many purebred wild dingos left, just feral crossbred dogs.

Try a petting zoo, not a registered breeder. Most would baulk at having random strangers and their children over to "get it out of their system". I could not think of anything worse and the consequences are just far too big.

I just honestly wish I could *do* something, you know? If I had the room and the people, I would take in every stray and crossbreed in the ocuntry, then the monies for pounds, and for places like commercial rescues, and rspca could put their money towards law/legisilations (sp?) and stopping any more crossbreeding apart from where it is medically relevant (and must supply good evidence/reason, which 99.99 per cent of the time there isn't, especially not in the last 100 years anyway) and having all pets (not shows/breeders) desexed.

There are a whole lot of legitimate reasons for crossbreeding and breeding unregistered dogs. Being a registsred breeder does not make one ethical, some are but some hide behind those that do the right thing, lumping themselves in with "I'm a registered breeder just like her." I could not think of ANYTHING more terrifying than animal rights groups and the RSPCA being responsible for legislation for animals in this country.

Please tell me this is a joke? Dumped medium sized white fluffies finding their way into the outback and cross breeding with Dingoes on a large scale? And these MWF are a whole class of feral dogs? We have wild dogs and Dingoes a plenty and have had some huge problems with them this year, but if there are white fluffy anythings about I havent seen them or heard of them from anybody else.

Try a petting zoo, not a registered breeder. Most would baulk at having random strangers and their children over to "get it out of their system". I could not think of anything worse and the consequences are just far too big.

There are a whole lot of legitimate reasons for crossbreeding and breeding unregistered dogs. Being a registsred breeder does not make one ethical, some are but some hide behind those that do the right thing, lumping themselves in with "I'm a registered breeder just like her." I could not think of ANYTHING more terrifying than animal rights groups and the RSPCA being responsible for legislation for animals in this country.

Please tell me this is a joke? Dumped medium sized white fluffies finding their way into the outback and cross breeding with Dingoes on a large scale? And these MWF are a whole class of feral dogs? We have wild dogs and Dingoes a plenty and have had some huge problems with them this year, but if there are white fluffy anythings about I havent seen them or heard of them from anybody else.

Hi,

Not sure exactly what the big consequence you were talking about. Nor the legitimate reasons for unregistered dogs being bred & crossbred, I would love more information/links on this.

I may have stuffed up in the word out of the legislation bit. I meant the money currently being hauled in to the rspca could be used for a mass desexing program and to push "clout" which the rspca have to making the courts consider further laws, not for the rspca or any animal rights groups to be in charge of, I think it should be a conjoined thing between the dogs sa/vic/nsw etc and the appropriate state governments. I, myself, also think that putting anyone in the leftwing animal rights category or pounds/rspca/lostdogs in charge of such a program would be very bad, as they themselves are biaised already in certain areas with their own "rules/laws".

I never said anything about medium white fluffys. I said they buy fluffy puppies, as per the other thread somewhere, most people these days do not know what a newfoundland, wolfhound, great dane is. And I just meant that they are cute little puppies, my pups a short haired breed, and its still cute, fluffy and little. So they buy these breeds from whereever, have no idea what the animal is (like the surge of adult/teenage groodles being dumped/surrended of late) and once it starts growing they realize it isn't going to stay a little puppy, and that its getting huge, bigger than the little puppy it began with, and stuff like what is currently happening to the dingo population, happens. Its been happening for decades, but its getitng towards breaking point.

Heres two links:

http://nativewildlifesanctuary.com/wordpre...w-post-dingoes/

http://www.australiaforum.com/travel-quest...-wild-dogs.html

Ive just moved states and OMG there are aot of bogans here,lol. Lots of redneck tough types and I have been approached multiple times about my young male bullmastiff puppy. I had one guy ask to use him over his bullmastiff x bitch and went on to check my boys chest for the "pure white diamond" patch of hair on his chest. Because he used to have a pure bitch and she had one, and then he went on to tell me that means they are as pure as they can get, if they have the white diamond. ROFLMAO! My boy does not have any white on him, damn, he must be part mongrel,lol.

For the record the bullmastiff standard allows for a small white patch of hair on the chest, although not prefered.

I get the same in my area my peke boy is the only one around for 100s of km. I have people wanting him to breed with their pugs as he's just a long haired pug anyway. :eek:

Others want him to breed with their swf. both pet shops have approached me as we could sell the pups for so much as no one else has one.

Not only is there the issues of having your pups/dogs/belongings stolen at a later date, yourself being raped/murdered/robbed/assulted, the risk of litigation from or injury to the vistitor if they do something wrong, after all it is a bitch with pups they are wanting to see, injury to the pups and the big one for me, the spread of disease such as Parvo. I dont encourage strangers to visit my home for vague reasons nor do I encourage them to touch my pups.

Few working dogs are pedigreed or bred by reistered breeders. I cannot think of a more legitimate reason for owning a dog. It's not hard to find information about working dogs.

I do not support the RSPCA having more clout of pushing any laws period. Courts do not make the laws, they decide guilt and consequence. There are a lot more interest groups who need to be involved to make laws fair and workable. Mass desexing is not the answer either. Countries with the lowest dumpage rates tend to only desex for medical conditions.

You didnt say anything about medium fluffies, you said little fluffy crossbreeds that turn into big dogs. These dogs are not finding there way into the bush to run in packs and cross breed with dingoes in any type of numbers. They end up dead in landfill for the most part. Often its peoples wandering dogs from small country towns that cause the problems. One of you links has Camp Dogs confused with Wild Dogs, they are a totally different problem. The other lacks credibility due to the motives and other information on the site it is from.

I get the same in my area my peke boy is the only one around for 100s of km. I have people wanting him to breed with their pugs as he's just a long haired pug anyway. :eek:

Others want him to breed with their swf. both pet shops have approached me as we could sell the pups for so much as no one else has one.

That is horrendous!!!

I hate the attitude "well close enough is good enough". That is the same reason we have a litter of Greyhound X Whippets down here looking for homes - because they are pretty much the same anyway aren't they???

Arrgghhh!

That is horrendous!!!

I hate the attitude "well close enough is good enough". That is the same reason we have a litter of Greyhound X Whippets down here looking for homes - because they are pretty much the same anyway aren't they???

Arrgghhh!

The other week I seen whippets x border collie :( apparently good working pups

I have almost lost count of the number of people (mostly young men) that have approached us when we're out in public about a stud role for our 6 month old White Swiss Shepherd.

After they coo over him, they then want to know what breed he is (fair enough - there's not that many around), can he mate with a German Shepherd (he is ANKC registered - no and even if he wasn't it's still no) and then they become quite insistent about wanting to use him on a few of their friend's German Shepherds because they could ask double for any white pups and together we could make a fortune. :(

One bloke wouldn't take no for an answer and followed us around with the sales pitch: "Come on mate, we could get at least 1800 a pup mate cause like we saw them like advertised for that on a white swiss breeder site ya know and we could like maybe give you a white pup for payment - ok?" :eek:

Try as we like to educate these people, we're only :eek: because as long as there's money to be made, this practice will continue.

Shudder!

Our baby boy

6mths-1.jpg

Edited by Dxenion

We get it constantly, especially at Ag shows !! "he'd be great over my bullarabXdaneXbullmastiffXridigie bitch !!!!

One tip for people who have been approached, and especially if the person's were very determined or a bit 'suss', don't go directly home, do another errand, take a detour ect. so hopefully if they are following you, they will lose interest.

These kind of people are quite likely to 'help themselves' to your dog if they are devious enough.

And don't have your dogs visible in the front yard, have them behind locked gates in the back yard. and preferably gates & fences that cannot be seen through.

fifi

Edited by fifi

Ive just moved states and OMG there are aot of bogans here,lol. Lots of redneck tough types and I have been approached multiple times about my young male bullmastiff puppy. I had one guy ask to use him over his bullmastiff x bitch and went on to check my boys chest for the "pure white diamond" patch of hair on his chest. Because he used to have a pure bitch and she had one, and then he went on to tell me that means they are as pure as they can get, if they have the white diamond. ROFLMAO! My boy does not have any white on him, damn, he must be part mongrel,lol.

For the record the bullmastiff standard allows for a small white patch of hair on the chest, although not prefered.

Lol, this reminds me of the thread someone posted about how 'you know you've got a purebred Staffy if it has 5 moles on its face' lol, people are so stupid :eek:

I had someone tell me one day that you can tell you have a 'pure well bred Cavalier' when they have the spot on their head...too bad its really only the blenheims that have the spot...the other colours must not be pure or well bred (I had my mums blenheim Cavalier with me at the time and *lucky* she has the spot) lmao

Lol, this reminds me of the thread someone posted about how 'you know you've got a purebred Staffy if it has 5 moles on its face' lol, people are so stupid :D

I had someone tell me one day that you can tell you have a 'pure well bred Cavalier' when they have the spot on their head...too bad its really only the blenheims that have the spot...the other colours must not be pure or well bred (I had my mums blenheim Cavalier with me at the time and *lucky* she has the spot) lmao

:mad I have a mantle dane with a spot on his head..........................is he really a Cav? :eek::)

Lol, this reminds me of the thread someone posted about how 'you know you've got a purebred Staffy if it has 5 moles on its face' lol, people are so stupid :D

:mad I have a mantle dane with a spot on his head..........................is he really a Cav? :eek::mad

Wow he must be really rare...its a shame Molly is desexed because we could make a fortune on the puppies, I mean Molly did come on a limit register, but as if the breeder will find out we bred her... :)

I have never had it with the Crested :eek:

But I have been asked several times at the park with the Poodles if they are available at stud. One was another Poodle, quite a nice little bitch but the rest are usually people with Cavaliers wanting to make "cavoodles".

One lady was most upset when I told her my black poodle was female and desexed because she had a female Cavalier and really wanted black cavoodles.

While out walking once, a stupid bloke was most insistent that his yellow Lab would DEFINITELY guarantee all CHOCOLATE Labs - from my black Lab x GR! It took ages to convince him she was desexed, not to follow me home because he thought she was the best Lab bitch he'd ever seen :eek:

My cousin has a Bernese MD x Newfie. Appararently the 'breeder' had an ooops litter and the puppies were so wonderful she did it again deliberately. They don't drool, but are cute. Apparently.

Someone once asked whether he could use my GWP on his crossbreed for pig dog puppies. I said no thanks, but he wouldn't be much use to you anyway, he's neutered.

Today in the paper someone is wanting a male teacup chihuahua, "working". Working at what?

Someone once asked whether he could use my GWP on his crossbreed for pig dog puppies. I said no thanks, but he wouldn't be much use to you anyway, he's neutered.

Today in the paper someone is wanting a male teacup chihuahua, "working". Working at what?

Working reproductive organs maybe?

Me and a friend used to have loads of fun reading through Horse Deals magazine...can't get past the line which often appears on mares "can be bred", which just means "has a uterus"...doesnt mean it should get used...

I've just remembered, the worst breeding 'wanted' ad I have ever seen was actually an article (yes, the paper did a story on it :rofl:) in my (then) local paper, the Cairns Post. A guy had 'rescued' some random large male heinz off the street, and hadn't bothered to desex him. There was a bitch next door that was in season, and it was apparently driving the male heinz absolutely insane, so he was appealing to the public if anyone had a 'girlfriend' for the heinz so that he could relieve himself and 'get some' so he wouldn't fret so much. :D

I'll bet they found a willing suitor, and I'll bet it did wonders to 'calm him down'. :D

I wish I'd thought of sending a letter to the editor complaining about the article. :(