Mount Gambier Spider Webs

Evolving

Just beautiful shots Evolving, thank you. I haven't seen them "like that" for about 40-50 years. I thought the spiders had gone the way of the frogs. But they are saying frogs in some areas (world wide) are making a small come-back, hope the spiders are doing the same.

Couldn't sleep?

I would have packed up and gone home :laugh:

Amazing photos but I just showed my husband and his response was the same as Paula's, lol.

We couldn't leave we were tangled in their webs :)

Brilliant photos Evolving

The dogs had a blast and didn't really care at all, we on the other hand squealed a bit :thumbsup: It didn't ruin the weekend, we had a really great time:D

Having the spiders in the tent wasn't the best and on the camping chairs outside. The worst part was packing up to come home and knowing they were in the car hitchhiking their way to Adelaide. I told my OH nothing was coming back inside the house until I had checked it.

It's not a normal occurence down there and is due to floods apparently.

The really crazy thing was that on the Monday when they started to get really bad, a soft crate was put down for five minutes and in that time was COVERED in little spiders. OH sprayed the car with insect repellant before we got in it, and there were webs as far as 200km away in Keith on our way home. It was just nuts.

Freaking out here ;) :D But amazing photos!

Wow that is so amazing! Actually we were at Lillydale Lake today and they were strands of web flying through the air everywhere. It was really bizarre. Must be a similar sort of thing. New spideys setting off to make new homes. :o

Yes!! A couple of weeks ago we had this, they were everywhere! :laugh: