Just Dogs, Or All Animals

Pollywaffle

Just wondering if your love of dogs runs to a love of all animals? I am in awe of all animals, preferring them to a lot of humans...and I've always assumed that to be a dog lover is to be an animal lover...but is that an assumption - am I wrong? If so, what animals don't you like..?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i generally like all animals. I have a bigger love for dogs though.

Not a fan of live chicken at all. I admire birds from a very very very far away too.

Edited by CW EW

Guest RANDCMOORE31

I really love dogs. I don't dislike other animals - but don't feel the same way about them as I do about dogs. I couldn't see me having a rabbit, guinea pig, rat or mice as pets - and not that fond of chickens either :laugh:

I really love dogs. I don't dislike other animals - but don't feel the same way about them as I do about dogs. I couldn't see me having a rabbit, guinea pig, rat or mice as pets - and not that fond of chickens either :laugh:

that's the same as me.

I like other animals but I probably never own anything but dogs.

Thats pretty much like me. Although a one look at a horse has me smitten but my love stays with pooches

I don't consider myself a dog lover. I LOVE my dogs and some other dogs (because they're "friends" with mine or have some special qualities). I don't wish ill on other dogs, but I don't feel "love" towards them.

I've loved all animals since I was a little girl. I have enjoyed all the different kinds of bonds I've had with animals from my potty calf and lambs to my pony and cats and have taken them for what they are, all unique. There is something really special about the bond you form with your dog though.

ETA: I couldn't live without a dog where as I can get by fine without other animals

Edited by Sezz

I'm the same. I'd love a cat (had cats all my life) and I love horses, but I'm definitely a dog person.

I'm a 'cat personality'really - but having dogs around is essential :) I very much enjoy being around/watching most animals , large & small . At one time or another I have had pets of most common species ..and a few others.

At one stage when (In my little granny flat with a yard) .. I had

1 dog , 2 cats, 1 budgie, 2 mice, 2 bearded dragons, a long-necked tortoise, a tankful of fish,and a duck .(and a horse on agistment in the same suburb). My landlord was very forgiving!

Edited by persephone

Yep, same here. Not a fan of frogs at all though :scared:

Yep, same here. Not a fan of frogs at all though :scared:

I definately am more of an animal person then people person I think. I think animals are just so facinating. Love most dogs, love cats, but mine are obviously my favourite. I grew up with dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, budgies, quails. I am not a fan of mice at all. Really don't like them. Or rats. ekk. Love watching animal docos on big cats, meerkats, seals and I have a love affair with Elephants. If only I could have one.