Just Dogs, Or All Animals

Pollywaffle

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lover of most animals, though I couldn't see myself bonding with anything other than a cat or dog. I don't love all dogs though, I'm really quite picky about dogs that I like.

Same as me. I would not say that I love dogs, rather that I love dobermans and a few of the other working breeds. I would not want to own any of the others. I love other species of animal too though and always have. I've looked after rats, mice, birds, cats, dogs, tadpoles, rabbits, guinea pigs and horses. I would not want to own any wild animals though - their wildness and strength in their environment is what I admire and love.

I love most animals. We have 2 Cavaliers, ( was 3, one just passed away at age 11 ) 5 cats ( 3 siamese, 1 devon rex and one birman ....the siamese are my husbands cats ) over a dozen princess parrots, finches and canaries and I keep show budgies too. I used to be a vet nurse but well into my childhood I was always bringing home and saving all kinds of creatures. I think I feel equal about the cats and dogs but even though we have 3 siamese I dont feel fully enthusiastic about the breed. They look so different to the siamese I remember from my childhood....with more issues due to the breed changes. BUT my husband being 2nd husband and he never had his own children....he lives for our animals :D

Edited by kazwa

I definitely have a love for all animals - which led me to my current career as a vet. :D

I also have owned many different pets in my time, dogs, cats, horses, mice, birds, cattle! I have missed them all a lot since I had to move for my new job, but can't wait to soon get my puppy - I have never owned any dog from a pup onwards, they have all been older when they came home. :D

My partner says, that you either love all animals or you just want something to control.

I don't agree 100% with that but it has an element of truth

Ooh, an interesting thought. However, some of the most controlling people I know don't like dogs/animals at all! :eek:

I love most animals but have a soft spot for dogs. :)

I am an animal lover that spans across many species, although I do have a particular love of dogs.

I have dogs, cat (soon to be two :) ) Guinea Pigs, Alpaca, retired Horse and one learning to be a cow horse, sheep and cattle (yes I have pet ones)

I tend to love an animal for that animal.

I love the companionship that dogs give me and all the training and time I have with my dogs. I love the cat for being a little independant but give great cuddles - but not allt he time. I love the horses because they are majestic and I love riding. I love the cow because she comes running when you call ehr and loves rubs and proudly show you her new baby when she has one. I love the sheep because they come running up have a pat then are happy by themselves.

I LOVE love my Alpaca because he loves cuddles follow you everwhere and calls to when he sees you (also getting another Alpaca)

Whilst I do not like venomous snakes I do wish to have a python in the future. My house is being extended evetually and the plans involve a terrarium built into the wall. Oh and I would like Green tree frogs but would probably never actually own any.

I would love a Mini Donkey and a Mini pony.

I guess I like lots of different animals for who they are what they do and how they intereact with me in so many different ways. I don't hate any animal and can appreciate most (well not flies and mozzies!)

I cried when I hit and killed a wild duck with my car, I nearly cried when I found a Bobtail someone had run over and injured but he was still alive. All the frogs found in our shed are carefully moved if required or left alone.

I love most furry creatures, not a fan of reptiles :eek:

Same here - I love my dogs & could never imagine being without a dog. I love cats too but, unfortunately, Mr.Poodlemum is allergic so not puddy tat for me :( I don't like any reptiles & not a fan of vermin, either.

Edited by poodlemum

Always had a love of all animals and still do. Used to own lots of different types and loved them all and miss them (horses, chooks, snakes, turtles, other reptiles, birds, and did wildlife caring of possums and kangaroo and wallaby joeys). Dogs are my favourite though, they are extra special and the one I couldn't live without.

I'm a lover of "most" animals.

I would never want to see another animal harmed or mistreated even if I don't particularly like them, but there are some animals that just give me the willies, I would be happy if they were far, far away from me.

I can't stand monkeys, I don't know why but they freak me out.

Edited by Shaar

I wouldnt call myslef animal 'lover' more and animal appreciator. I love MY animals, currently 1 dog a bunch of pond fish (native fish in one pond and fancy goldfish in another) and whatever wild birds, possums, reptiles and insects I can entice into my yard with indigenous plants and bird seed. In the past I've had horses, goats, geese, a pig, calves, guinea pigs, mice, ducks and cats. All of these have been much loved. I wanted my own flea circus when I was a kid and if I could have figured out how train fleas I would have.

However I don't feel 'love' for all the animals out there, however I find many fascinating, beautiful and awe inspiring. I keep a healthy distance between me and spiders. I don't hate them, just prefer them well away from me.

I call myself an animal person.

My first pets were cats, followed by goldfish. Made friends with every animal that crossed my path (every neighbourhood dog was also my dog!! And when I visited my friends in the country I was sometimes the only kid that some horses and cows would come and talk to!).

After leaving home the first animals I got were reptiles, then a bunny, then rats, did some wildlife stuff, got some poultry and goats at work and then finally along came the dogs!!!

I have to say, I'll never live without a dog now!!! It is a different relationship. I love all animals but I really like some of the things I can do with dogs. I can't really afford (nor have space) for the larger animals so I love my love of them through other avenues!!!

So I'm an animal lover!!

Oh, spiders... not my favourite!! Generally they must go!! Although I did have a house spider who has been living with me for 2 years but she's suddenly disappeared!!

Animal lover of most things we have a dog, a cat, 2 ponies, 3 horses, 2 donkeys, 3 camels, about 150 sheep, 2 fallow deer (with 3 more coming in the next couple of weeks), 1 cow, 3 alpacas, 4 kangaroos, emus, kookaburras, bettongs, peacocks, guinea pigs, bearded dragons, barking geckoes, chicken, turkey, galah, rainbow lorikeet, turtles, rabbits etc. On the list to come in the future are different species of wallabies (including yellow footed rock wallaby, bennets, swamp, albino dama and pademelon), bettongs, fruit bats, bison or water buffalo, ostrich, gliders, water dragons, monitors, a couple more horses/ponies and a few other species but this is our long term plans for our property/family

I am sure I have forgotten some but all of them are as special as each other and keep me very busy and they eat better than we do :o

Edited by casowner