Homophobic Breeder?

dant

Hi all,

This is a bit of a left wing post, but I'm a little pissed off at the ignorance of some people.

I was in contact with a breeder last week; emailing back and forth and everything was going really well until she realised that my partner was a he. As soon as this was mentioned, she failed to respoond to any of my emails..

What difference does it make that two gay men want to adopt a puppy? Is she offended that we might provide too much of a loving home for one?

My boyfriend and I have been considering getting a puppy for a long time now and it was a bit disheartening that someone would shun us for being gay.

I'm not going to name and shame, but I'm sure there are others out there who have been in this situation and I thought I'd put a voice to it.

But every cloud has it's silver lining - on Friday night we found a beautiful almost 4 week old long mini dachie. We met him, his brother and mother on Saturday morning and will be picking him up in 4 weeks.

This is our boy, Alwyn:

img3792f.jpg

Edited by dant

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's unfortunate that some people can't get over their personal prejudices, though I'm sure this is not the first time it has happened to you...sad reality of the world we live in sometimes. At least you ended up with a gorgeous little pup! ♥♥♥ Congratulations!

dant - it sucks that there are still people like that. But as raz said, better you found out now than after you got a pup from her, this way you'll never have to deal with her again.

Alwyn is a tiny ball of densely packed adorable!

Hi Dant,

Alwyn sure is a cutie :thumbsup:

If your in Sydney there is a great bunch of Daccie owners that meet on the last Sunday of each month, in Centennial Park and they are very excepting of everyone as long as you have a Daccie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers,

MRD

Hi Dant,

Alwyn sure is a cutie :thumbsup:

If your in Sydney there is a great bunch of Daccie owners that meet on the last Sunday of each month, in Centennial Park and they are very excepting of everyone as long as you have a Daccie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers,

MRD

Thanks for that. We live in Chippendale, so will definitely check it out once he's old enough :)

AWWW, Dant your new little Alwyn,he is ultra cute & good on you for rising above the prejudice if you feel that was the case.You were unfortunate enough to experience.

I am a firm believer in making my own judgements & I always go with my gut feeling. Whether a person is black,white, gay straight or whatever. There is good

& bad in all.

I am sure Alwyn is going to be a very much loved furry darling for you & your partner & he will return all of that affection 10 fold.

Good luck & enjoy him. :D

Edited by BC Crazy

Was she a show breeder or just a breeder? A much larger percentage of the dog show world than the general population are gay. I can't imagine any showy being homophobic or they wouldn't last long at dog shows.

So glad you found the right puppy and the right breeder for you.