Rover Arrives In Shanghai!

lovemesideways

A few of you will have read my posts and seen my threads the last few months, but I'll explain anyway!

My parents moved to Shanghai about 5 months ago, and they left their dog Rover with me not knowing whether or not they would be staying overseas for long enough to bring him over. After about a month the decision was made, Rover was going to China!!

Now it was a lot of effort on both sides to make this happen, there where vaccination issues and problems with customs. Finally it was sorted and Rover and I where booked in to fly to China! Jetpets where incredibly helpful, helping me every step of the way and I cannot recommend them enough. They even put up with my last minute call at 7.45am on the day of the flight to check whether or not Rover was on the plane!

GlobyPets who are Jetpets partner in Shanghai where also extremely helpful, sending us a photo of Rover after he arrived and was taken to quarantine, so we knew he was ok. (they get quarantined for 7 days upon arrival to china)

So after a very very long wait, my mum finally got to be reunited with her 4 legged baby again. Ive never seen rover so happy, he almost exploded he was so excited. His whole bum was wagging so hard that it was actually lifting off the ground. Mum had tears in her eyes, I did a little too. Just a very happy happy moment :)

(I took a video, but its hard to get it working with the internet here so might have to wait till Im back in Sydney to upload it!)

UPDATE:

Heres the video! Might want to turn the sound down, Mum and I where talking pretty loud! (The bit at the end hes running off the the bush to pee, lol)

Edited by lovemesideways

Awwww that's lovely to hear :D Having brought 3 from the UK to Oz I can only imagine the paper work and stress trying to get one to China!

And I'll never forget the joy of getting them out of quarantine either, lots of happy tears :D

Your mum must be over the moon - I'm sure Rover will be able to get away with anything he likes for a while :laugh:

well done YOU for getting such a mammoth task done. So you are in China at the moment too? You have to post lots of piccies for us. I assume they will have to stay in China now until Rover lives out his days, as it would be very hard to bring him back I suspect. I would imagine a video of you seeing your Mum again would be just as joyful as that of Rovers greeting. I know you've missed her so much. :D

Do you mind my asking how much the whole process cost? PM if you prefer, I just think it would be handy for other people stumbling across this thread. I'm not sending any dogs to China either, I am just curious as my neighbour is trying to negotiate getting a dog to the UK and his first quote was 3.5 K :eek: The dogs is being sold for $450 :laugh:

Do you mind my asking how much the whole process cost? PM if you prefer, I just think it would be handy for other people stumbling across this thread. I'm not sending any dogs to China either, I am just curious as my neighbour is trying to negotiate getting a dog to the UK and his first quote was 3.5 K :eek: The dogs is being sold for $450 :laugh:

No problem :)!

I think it was roughly 5K all up, because there was Jetpets fee on this end, plus the flight costs. And then Globypets on the China side!

Im happy for anyone to send me a message if they're going through the same thing, I know a fair bit about it now ;D! And I know some awesome people over in China to help too!