What A Difference A New Home Makes.

Gayle.

Shae came to us in February after her previous owners left her behind when they moved overseas. She did a short pit-stop at her breeders in Perth then they put her on a plane and she touched down in Victoria and she's been with us ever since.

When she came here, her coat had been clipped short, she was pudgy with a soft fat belly, she didn't look to be in proportion and her back legs didn't match the rest of her. She walked with a funny stiff-legged gait and her teeth were manky and coated in brown muck.

Just this week I was looking at her with a critical eye and realised what a beautiful dog she's turned into. Her coat is stunning....it's long, thick, flowing and totally gorgeous. She's a ball of muscle and bone, and as fit as can be. She gaits smoothly and is an absolute joy to watch on the move. Her teeth are sparkling clean, she now eats raw meaty bones daily and has a top quality diet.

Before she came here she'd never, to my knowledge, participated in any dog-specific activities.....well, last weekend she gained her second herding title and she's proved to be quite handy at moving sheep.

The before and after pics tell the story, it doesn't even look like the same dog! She is Borderton Dappledinshade PT. Aka Shae the Short Sheepdog.

shaetwo.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naah, Ripley's just the same. He was gorgeous when he came here, and he's still gorgeous. Shae was a bit of a special case, she hadn't had a really happy start to life and while her most recent owners loved her, they didn't seem to take a lot of pride in her appearance and she was really just a bit of a backyard ornament.

You've done such a fantastic with Shae! I really can't believe anyone could leave behind such a gorgeous girl!!

Even though she wasn't at her best in the first photo, she still had a beautiful smily face. Her coat now is amazing! Although seeing it clipped short shows a lot of her gorgeous merle spots!! :love:

She thought all her Christmasses had come at once the first time I took her to a herding clinic. It was like slotting the last piece of the puzzle into place, all of a sudden this dog had found her purpose.

And for me, it was truly amazing to see that latent instinct kick in at the age of 5. If anyone doubts that working dogs LOVE to do what they were bred for, then watch a herding trial. When Shae is herding sheep, she's 10 feet tall and supersonic.

I opened this thinking it was going to be pics of Ripley.

:laugh:

Oi! Bite your tongue :laugh:

Gayle I haveoften wondered what she looks like in full coat. She is absolutely gorgeous and you have done an amazing job with her :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't mean that in a negative way. Not at all. :o

I can't remember seeing any pics of him yet that was all.

Ripley starred in the forums just after we got him. I posted some pics of him playing in the mud with the other dogs. He's such a gorgeous goober, he is my husbands dog and I think they have a bit of a bromance happening.