Dame Aussie

Poo Patrol  

140 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you do it?

• Once a day
    • Once every few days
    • Once a week
    • Other

As the title says, out of interest, (I know, I'm strange) how often do you do a poo patrol?

We normally do ours once every couple of days but due to a ridiculously busy week we didn't get a chance so I did it yesterday..... :eek:

Too much poo.

I will never leave it that long again!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am minding three other dogs for the next three weeks and they all eat cheapish brand dog biscuits so the poos are enormous and have to be cleaned up every day, sometimes twice a day!

The other three dogs are all small x-breeds and have bigger barker eggs than my Dobe who eats raw food, I would hate to see the size of his if he ate biscuits :eek:

Two times a day when working and at least four times when I'm home.

ETA: there's only premium dry and raw fed here but I can't stand poo on the grass or in the gardens. Everyone's kennel trained so there's nothing to clean up in there. I pretty much walk around behind them as I let them out and clean up as they go

Edited by Pav Lova

As the title says, out of interest, (I know, I'm strange) how often do you do a poo patrol?

We normally do ours once every couple of days but due to a ridiculously busy week we didn't get a chance so I did it yesterday..... :eek:

Too much poo.

I will never leave it that long again!!

Twice a day - 3 dogs' worth :D

I don't at all!

I went around the other day as I had an open house and thought I had better do a poo removal. No poo to be found. Not sure were the poo goes. Maybe dung beetles? I rarely see poo on the grass.

:laugh: lucky!

I pick it up everyday.. but only to relocate it to the far end of the garden and cover it with dirt (as to not attract flies near the verandah) and then pick all that up at the end of the week.

Never, Kyojin poops right up the back of our yard so we don't ever see or smell it or have to worry about standing in it. Where he goes is full of leaf litter from some massive trees we have, and it decomposes really quickly.

I feel embarrassed admitting this, but poo patrol is a weekend activity. I don't get home from work until 6:30pm and then between having to prepare dinner and exercise poochy, well it's hard to slot it in. And I'm petrified of funnelwebs after one chased my partner's thong one time as he walked towards our front door so I can't go out at night anymore lol. My dog eats mostly raw with some premium biscuits so it doesn't smell too bad. He also does a lot of it when we're out because there's nothing like a good run to get things moving, which then gets picked up as he does it so there's just the morning ones waiting for us come the weekend (he goes twice a day). Our yard is also massive, 1/4 acre and he likes to do it up the back in the bushes if he does it at home so you can't see or smell anything from the back door.

At least twice daily, early morning poo patrol whilst throwing the balls etc, then cleaning & refilling water bowls it is just a fact of life. If I am home during the day or come home for a bit then another patrol and check water or any time washing is being hung out or brought in. Late afternoon more games, some training, poo patrol and check or change waters.

I can't imagine leaving it, the fly problem would be awesome.

Usually once a week here, but for some reason Gypsie has taken to pooping on the driveway so it is fairly obvious and annoying, I usually pick those up as soon as I notice. We are on nearly an acre and the boys go in discrete places (in the bushes as they are bashful :D ) so it isn't too bad.

Jules we also have something that eats up poo quite quickly, that is very handy! LOL