How Have Your Dogs Embarrassed You

DobieMum

I took the dogs for a car ride to see if the turkey shop at a nearby property was open so I drove up , got out of the car and wandered around looking for someone. In the meantime Tilly had got in the front seat and was blasting on the horn :o:o:o lucky no one was home, it would have been so embarrassing if someone had come down wondering why someone was being so rude beeping the horn

Mocha at Inverell Show slipped his lead and was running around, thank goodness, an empty show ring, but was not in the world going to come back to me and be put in a crate, that was embarrassing as everyone looked on until someone came running over with chicken for him.

Many years ago my maltese went paddling in Lake Burley Griffith and then ran up to a group of Buddist Monks and proceeded to jump all over them :o I was horrified, they just patted her and told me what a beautiful dog she was.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first dog, a male BC weed on a ladies back at the beach....dog no 2 a beautiful lab used to stick her nose in everyones crutch. This was really embarrassing when i was talking to tradies etc who had come to our house when we were renovating.

My current dog a 12 month old lab embarrasses me every Tuesday night at our obedience class when she repeatedly get the end of the lead in her mouth and drags me all over the oval! :o

my BC x also LOVES crotches :o Poor Rocky actually comes to the name "buttsniffer". UNfortunately for visitors at my house, this is a slope from the house to the parking area and Rocky has no brakes....... One visitor proceeded to tell us (after Rocky had slammed nose first into her crotch) that he "gynie punched" her :eek::laugh::eek:

Very funny incidents in a lot of cases, but I think some of these would also be classified as rude. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, how many of these owners of the rude dogs would laugh then.

If I was moronic enough to have a picnic in one of the few off lead areas in the entire shire and at a very large park with heaps of alternative picnic areas then no I wouldn't be annoyed if I got jumped on.

I'd laugh :D The dog has probably been spending a fair percentage of their life on blankets, how on earth would it know that this blanket in this spot is one to keep away from.

And if it's never crashed a picnic before, it couldn't have been trained out of it :laugh: so the owner was probably just as surprised as the picnicers! No point getting mad at animals, that's just causing yourself unnecessary stress.

and Heidi shook her head and a big slobber flung straight into my friends wide open mouth.!!!!

:vomit::laugh:

when Penny was quite young she found an enormous, ahem, I'll call it sex toy at the park, very realistic it was too, apart from the size, surely no one is really that big.

She grabbed it and ran around and around doing that gleeful buckjumping you see some dogs do and shaking it vigorously from side to side. It was going thwack thwack thwack on her ribs as she shook it.

Then she lay down, placed her paws on it to hold it still and started pulling at the "skin". Just then a man walked past and saw what she was doing. I was horrified and very quickly claimed innocence. 'It's not mine!' I say. All he said was "that looks painful" and kept walking.

Ok hands down winner :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We had some friends staying with us and my then cocker came in from outside and dropped a 'stick' at the guests foot during breakfast....he reached down to pick it up and was horrified to discover it was in fact cat poo! He seemed mortified for the rest of the day, despite the fact that he also had cats and a dog :rofl:

Edited by CrazyCresties

Very funny incidents in a lot of cases, but I think some of these would also be classified as rude. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, how many of these owners of the rude dogs would laugh then.

If I was moronic enough to have a picnic in one of the few off lead areas in the entire shire and at a very large park with heaps of alternative picnic areas then no I wouldn't be annoyed if I got jumped on.

I'd laugh :D The dog has probably been spending a fair percentage of their life on blankets, how on earth would it know that this blanket in this spot is one to keep away from.

And if it's never crashed a picnic before, it couldn't have been trained out of it :laugh: so the owner was probably just as surprised as the picnicers! No point getting mad at animals, that's just causing yourself unnecessary stress.

So, where was the control over the well trained dog?

When I was showing both Deputy and Harry a few years ago, while I was in the ring with Deputy a friend would hold Harry ringside. If the friend's attention wandered, harry would cock his leg and wee on her foot!! Very embarrassed. He never did it anywhere else except ringside at shows. :o

Of course that's ideal, but I believe JulesP has border collies (?) which are bred to make very quick, independent decisions. And once they make that decision they can be gone before you know which way you're facing!

And often you don't know that something is an issue that needs training until it has happened. It's unfortunate that the people got a damp blanket but I bet Jules does a check for picnicers now :p

We had some friends staying with us and my then cocker came in from outside and dropped a 'stick' at the guests foot during breakfast....he reached down to pick it up and was horrified to discover it was in fact cat poo! He seemed mortified for the rest of the day, despite the fact that he also had cats and a dog :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ive gone to pick up the stick before - only to realise......

Of course that's ideal, but I believe JulesP has border collies (?) which are bred to make very quick, independent decisions. And once they make that decision they can be gone before you know which way you're facing!

And often you don't know that something is an issue that needs training until it has happened. It's unfortunate that the people got a damp blanket but I bet Jules does a check for picnicers now :p

I hope so, because if Jules does indeed own Border Collies, they are a very intelligent breed, and really, it goes both ways. If her dog does what it does, then one can hardly be angry with someone whose dog comes running at full pace at another dog, without any mean intentions and that dog is called rude. That's all I was attempting to point out. It's 'funny' in this instance, and rude in others. As for the picnickers they probably shouldn't have been where they and probably unaware of the off leash area.

I hope so, because if Jules does indeed own Border Collies, they are a very intelligent breed, and really, it goes both ways. If her dog does what it does, then one can hardly be angry with someone whose dog comes running at full pace at another dog, without any mean intentions and that dog is called rude. That's all I was attempting to point out. It's 'funny' in this instance, and rude in others. As for the picnickers they probably shouldn't have been where they and probably unaware of the off leash area.

This really is just meant to be a light-hearted thread about embarrassing things people dogs do. The whole point is that the dogs have obviously done something that isn't exactly a desirable behaviour, thus the embarrassment.

Yep I agree. I don't really like the word 'rude' when it comes to dog-human interactions though, because it is almost always used by the human standards and the dog has no innate reason to think it is doing anything wrong. I think it's more applicable to dog-dog interactions though because they should be able to speak 'dog', but then some are just a bit...erm.. special :D

Edit - agree with Minxy as well - too much serious :p

Edited by Weasels

My feral kelpie snaffled a sausage from a toddler in a pram when she was younger - we were on a charity walk with some DOLers and I think the temptation was just too much for her. Luckily the child was fine and Mum was very understanding.

ETA - another time we were on our way to the beach early one morning and were stopped by a RBT - as the officer leant down to the window to test the feral kelpie leant through from the back and let out the loudest, scariest barking fit ever - poor guy almost jumped out of his skin

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Girls and guys, I'm having a ball with this thread, keep them coming. To those worried about it being rude, think back to the times when you embarrass yourself and later on get with friends and very red facedly you repeat the story. It's all for fun, something to laugh about after the fact. I'm sure at the time, the owners of the dogs were mortified. My hubby is very prim and proper, and to put his head between another girls breasts, he was MORTIFIED. Now it's just a great story to tell.

Me and OH were taking Bella (our Boxer) to the off lead beach for a run and swim - she loves it and goes a few times a week. Anyway, she was really excited, but we decided to drop by the beach cafe on the way and grab a coffee each. Bella wasn't to happy having to wait but she put up with it. Anyway, we make it to the beach and it was a hot day, quite a few people about swimming etc... I let her off the lead and she immediately ran up to someones stuff (they must have been swimming) and grabbed their towel, water bottle and undies in her mouth and proceeded to run down the beach, dropping items along the way. Here I am chasing her, coffee in hand spilling everywhere, everyone is looking and laughing as I pick up items along the way! I finally got her and all of the stuff, brushed the sand and slobber off, about faced and put them back in roughly the same spot as I think they were. Everyone in close proximity saw what happened and thought it was hilarious. I was so embarrassed - payback for us getting coffee :o

Needless to say, I still don't know who the stuff belonged to... ;)

Our deerhound Mungo was a terrible crotch sniffer- one morning OH went out to get the paper and Mungo got a female jogger front on - the female stopped and asked OH if she could buy Mungo as it was the effort a male had made for years - poor OH was speechless !

I rescued a dog about 8 years ago (turned out to be a foster failure!) we wormed and vaccinated him and the next day took him to a man made lake in the NT, he was having a great time swimming around with the other dogs and people, then got out, shook off and guess what was hanging out of his back end? a huge metre long worm!!!!!!!! I had to get out of the water and use a leaf folded over to gently pull the rest of it out, by the time I had finished I had an audience of at least 20 people pissing themselves laughing! needless to say the dog became my partners dog after that!!

Our deerhound Mungo was a terrible crotch sniffer- one morning OH went out to get the paper and Mungo got a female jogger front on - the female stopped and asked OH if she could buy Mungo as it was the effort a male had made for years - poor OH was speechless !

:rofl: We need more people in the world with that woman's sense of humour!! What a great comeback haha