Blackdogs

Do dog people like cats?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. My cat preferences are as follows:

• I dislike cats
    • I like cats but I like dogs better
    • I like dogs and cats equally
    • I like cats better than dogs

Traditional thiniking has often placed pet owners in to two camps: those who like cats or 'cat people' or those who like dogs or 'dog people'. :eek: Now I know this is a false dichotomy, as obviously there are many people who own both. However, I would be interested to see whether there is any truth at all to the notion that people who own dogs prefer them over cats.

Just to make this thread more interesting, those who want to post photos of their cats or their cats with their dogs can go for it! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put equally as there I things I like better about each of them. Though my opinion is usually swayed more to dogs when I discover one of my cats lying in our clean clothes baskets or breaking vases or clawing at our furniture or vomiting in our bed...... :laugh:

Nope, don't particularly like cats! Owned them as a kid, had my own for almost 20 years, and found my sister's cat adorable. But they have both passed, I turned into a crazy dog lady, and don't want to own another cat! I get so much out of my dogs and never got anything similar out of the cats, so they're just something I don't want to own again. And my views on housing them have also changed. I wouldn't want a cat to roam the streets anymore, and I don't want a dedicated cat run (I do want a dog run, though!), so it's just easier not to have cats in my opinion laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

No, I hate my cat he's watching me write this right now, he knows how to read I think, if he had opposable thumbs he'd rule this house and make me clean up his poop, feed him at 5am and walk in front of me in the dark making me fall......oh wait....I guess he can rule whilst thumbless. just joking he's the coolest cat

Edited by redial

I used to think I was only a dog person. But working at an animal shelter opened my eyes to the plight of cats in our society. Most people surrendering their dogs felt some remorse and grief, but most people dumping cats were just relieved to be rid of the problem. So I am a cat enlightened dog person now.

IMG_0028.jpg

Edited by Aussienot

I like (and have) both and would like to continue to have both, they bring different things to the household. And I find dogs and cats being "friends" the cutest thing ever!

I voted both equally tho to be really honest if for some reason I had to choose one or the other I'd choose dogs (sorry cats :o).

I voted that I prefer dogs over cats. I have two dogs and one cat. He is a lovely, gentle boy, though not overly affectionate or playful. Mostly he just does his own thing. I love him, of course and I have had him for four years. He is the definition of 'low maintenance', particularly in comparison to my dogs. :laugh:

I know not all cats are like this, and I have had some very full on cats, who were almost dog-like.

Still, if I had to choose one over the other I would choose dogs. I just find that I connect with them better and I enjoy being able to engage in activites with them. Could you imagine trying to teach a cat flyball? :rofl:

I rather dislike cats and can't see me ever owning one, my OH feels the same. Don't really mind patting other people's cats or playing with kittens if given the opportunity and if they are nice but no cats for me as pets thanks :laugh:

For me I don't understand not liking any animal.

I love my dogs, but I adored my beautiful Blue Russian cat that has died and I love my current cat.

We would probably only ever own 1 cat at a time, but to me they are just another animal and I quite like

animals.

Not sure why or how anyone can truly "hate" any animal

I'm a cat lover first.. dog lover second I tend to only like certain breeds of dogs but I love all cats Mine is 15 this year & has been such a good companion He's more dog like than cat Sadly he's on his last legs though, I will so miss him when he passes :(