Tango...

TangerineDream

Tango

15th September, 2005 - 4th November, 2011

post-6901-0-09603500-1323942800_thumb.jpg

This is the saddest, saddest day :cry:

....... even though it was 6 weeks ago tomorrow that I had to give Tango his wings because the tumour had taken away the beloved dog I knew and adored...... tonight, I put this photo into the special place on his memorial box that is sitting on the shelf with the antique clocks and barometers that we treasure..

I've spent this evening sitting in my bedroom with tears streaming down my face, listening to the windchimes tinkling away in the breeze that I used to hear every night when he was alive and we lived at Gunyah Bend...they remind me of the snuffling in my neck when I woke up in the dark early mornings on work days, the cuddles at night when a cold southerly wind was blowing, the peace that only a beloved dog can give you...the companionship, the touch as he lay on my feet under the computer desk in front of the heater, the sheer joy of his morning walks along the Yarra Riiver..the upside down GSP 'airing his bits', the dog who could get anything out from under the car seats, my heart dog, my irreplaceable soul.....there's more to be written but tonight isn't the right time - I can't see straight, my vision is blurred, the tears just keep falling.....

Cry not for me ,

For I am content

At peace, at rest,

Free.

Miss me please,

For I will miss you

The ear rubs, cuddles, games and walks,

All are with me for eternity.

Speak of me often,

Words help to heal,

Memories stay with you forever

And laughter will help you understand.

Remember me well,

For photographs fade with light

Yet snapshots of your mind remain forever today.

I was but a small part of your life

But you were my life,

All I did was for you and with you.

Now I ask you remember me

With a knowing smile

And I will wait for you forever

At the rainbow bridge.

S. Hatton,2006

I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous boy. :cry:

A couple of weeks ago as I lay in bed in the early hours of the morning, I had a similiar moment as I listened to the wind chimes outside. I thought of all the times my beautiful girl Gyps was at my feet or by my side on the bed, safe from the wind, safe from the weather, safe with me. :( I mentioned it in a poem I ended up sitting and writing;

The windchimes blow away outside

Singing their merry tunes

I think of all those windy nights

That you were safe here in my room.

Huge hugs to you Tangerinedream. I know how much it hurts. :hug:

R.I.P. Tango :rainbowbridge: xxx

Edited by k9angel

Thank you to everyone for your kind words... :heart:

I get teary reading what I have written above, but the memories of being owned by such a gorgeous boy are just now starting to bring me joy rather than the intense sadness of the last few weeks...but I'm still not ready to watch the videos....I've taken to cuddling Pointers (English and German) and 2 kind people in town, whose dogs I've cuddled have both offered me their dogs to take for walks if I feel the urge......things like this bring a tear to me and restore faith in human nature - that people with virtually no connection except a breed and a location in common, could be so kind....:)