52 Weeks For Dogs 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM, love your Adonys shots, his tail is amazing!

5/52

Once again I couldn't decide, I snapped this first one and the wind grabbed laces face as I took the shot, I thought it was cute! :laugh:

5ac73c76.jpg

and this one, Sittn pretty, I think I liked it in colour better.

786ca418.jpg

Gosh all the photos are awesome!

Week 4

Monet & Diva's Mum: Love them all- especially Monet smiling! :)

Helen: Clever shot - reminds me of my parents dog - he can't be trusted around food either...

Dog nerd: Love tilly's new do!

Jenni 87: Love the Australia Day theme...I'm impressed you managed to keep the headbands on them at all!

TLC: Lacy looks very patriotic!

Stonecutter: Ziva looks beautiful all groomed for the show - love the shot of her just chilling...

Dog sport obsessed: Love the idea of the notebook - it's challenging to keep up already! :)

Loveme sideways: I always love your shots - they're sooo clear! Roscoe looks SUPER excited about that bone.

Snook: Justice looks like he had the most awesome time at the beach - he's got that glazed over lookof pure bliss in his eyes!

AnnieK: Phoebe's ears :laugh:

KumaAkita: i think Kuma has the right idea....he looks comfy.

Beth: Lottie is just gorgeous.

Pixiemeg: Poor Adonys! they're so naughty when they break in and trash the place on wet days! :laugh:

GregW: Love the concentration on Zoe's face!

MrRedDog: Roxy is very cute

Helen: Love Tilly's HUGE yawn!

Week 5:

Monet & Diva's Mum: Love the shot of your two curled up together...very cute

PixieMeg: Love the lighting in the first two shots!

tlc: Love the wind in Lacy's beard and ears!

AnnieK: Phoebe looks like she's enjoying the beach :)

Snook: Naughty Justice! Looks pretty pleased with himself.

Edited by ktig

Ok - I wanted to do something posed this week

6814711427_3b34933654_z.jpg

05/52 Weeks for Dogs Ziva by ChiisaiHakurou, on Flickr

I probably should have used a darker backdrop than a white gazebo wall - oops!

I wanted a different sort of pic - of Ziva and I looking at each other or similar, but it just didn't work - the funniest outtake

6814714551_9a11cb9aaf_z.jpg

05/52 outtake by ChiisaiHakurou, on Flickr

And an outtake of the setup I eventually used

6814713169_e5b3aed115_z.jpg

05/52 outtake by ChiisaiHakurou, on Flickr

My week 5 photo:

6900935887_dd8363cca9.jpg

05/52 by KumaAkita, on Flickr

First sunny day after some miserable cold rainy weather... we hit the backyard with a bubble wand. This is sub-titled "blow the bubbles mum! blow the bubbles!!"

I have some brilliant outtakes from today, but since I'm still using my iPhone they're not in focus... the iPhone does not handle speed very well :laugh:

Thanks on all the lovely comments on my photos! I'm really enjoying this challenge and drawing inspiration from all of you. I'll be back to comment on everyone's week 5 photos soon.

Edited by KumaAkita

Snook - Justice is sitting there so proud of himself, cheeky boy LOL

Ktig, that is so cute, you can tell he is enjoying himself there, love the feet in the photo

Stonecutter - they are great photos of you together. The bottom two are funny, you have your eyes closed in the 2nd one, then Ziva has her eyes closed in the 3rd one, it is like you are taking turns :)

KumaAkita - that is really lovely, such a big smile for the camera, happy doggie

This is Tilly's week 5 photo, the beach is becoming a regular haunt for Tilly's photos, but it is summer so may as well enjoy it

6816112381_554f73eecf.jpg

I will just share other photos I took at the same time, I used it for my project 365 but thought you might be interested:

Day 35 - I did a flash photography workshop (on and off camera) quite a while ago now, but have not put it to use too much yet. The instructor near the end came and talked to me and the friend I went with, and because we are from Geelong made a point of saying to take the flash and practice on the beach, it is the perfect place for flash photography. I finally took his advice today, and now I wonder why it took so long. The photos below are with flash and then without flash. I tried to match the histogram as best as I could on the photos in lightroom, then they were given exactly the same treatment in PSE. ETA - I have not shown the metadata on these photos on Flickr as I left 1/2 of my brain behind, I did make a bad mistake with my settings but got lucky (too fast on the shutter speed), but will be sure not to do it again LOL

With flash

6816108647_6074ab5dba.jpg

no flash

6816104993_31fe5d54e9.jpg

This is Tilly's week 5 photo, the beach is becoming a regular haunt for Tilly's photos, but it is summer so may as well enjoy it

I will just share other photos I took at the same time, I used it for my project 365 but thought you might be interested:

Day 35 - I did a flash photography workshop (on and off camera) quite a while ago now, but have not put it to use too much yet. The instructor near the end came and talked to me and the friend I went with, and because we are from Geelong made a point of saying to take the flash and practice on the beach, it is the perfect place for flash photography. I finally took his advice today, and now I wonder why it took so long. The photos below are with flash and then without flash. I tried to match the histogram as best as I could on the photos in lightroom, then they were given exactly the same treatment in PSE. ETA - I have not shown the metadata on these photos on Flickr as I left 1/2 of my brain behind, I did make a bad mistake with my settings but got lucky (too fast on the shutter speed), but will be sure not to do it again LOL

With flash

no flash

I personally like the no flash better - look more 'real' to me. But then again I've never liked flash :o

Everyone likes different things in photography, it sure does make a difference though, with/without flash. For me the flash image has more punch, no shadows and more details

Edited by helen

My link I hope I have finally worked out how to post my pictures in here and not just in flickr. These are my week 5 shots. Dash has been quite dissappointed that we have had so much rain the last couple of weeks, and I have been quite busy with other things.

Well I still can't get the pictures to show in the post. Don't know why the show up in the preview.

Edited by jack and dash's mum

Wow Helen....HUGE difference with the flash - totally changes the shot - love all the extra detail you can see in the sky and the water - I'll have to have a play around with my flash now :)

Edited by ktig

Love love loving everyones week 5 photos! So many beautiful dogs in here, I love this thread, I think I feel seeing the dogs each week that I get to know them a little more each picture!

Thanks for all the comments. :thanks:

I don't know where you all find the time to take the awesome photos and then comment on everyone else's shots. Well done to you all.:thumbsup:

This is our week 5 effot, "Out for a walk"

5/52

5of521of1.jpg

Love this, I have been thinking of doing the same thing with Chazer and a friend's dogs he loves to walk with

week 4 | Bailey

6788049807_7f039877fe.jpg

week 4 | Jess

6787977607_6d5043a239.jpg

(I was meant to fix the editing on this but now I can't be bothered :laugh:. Inspired by Snook! :))

week 5 | Bailey

6821488025_a05ea1b304.jpg

Don't know where our Summer has gone!

week 5 | Jess

6821190885_d9fda35ced.jpg

ktig, love that rainy weather shot! Cute wet beard :laugh:

Gorgeous, dognerd!

Lovely beach shots, helen!

Nice ones of you too together, stonecutter!

MrRedDog, they look like they're enjoying their walk! Cute!

Amazing photos, LMS! Such lovely colours!

Really love the tones, pixie_meg!

Nice shot, Snook! What a naughty boy you have!

Love wind blown Lacy, tlc! :laugh:

anniek, lovely Phoebe on the beach!