Ridiculous/awesome Names

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha aussie3 I was reading your post thinking omg a rabbit and a guinea pig actually had babies?!? Seems I'm as clever as a 7 year old...

OT but how cute are baby guinea pigs! I was amazed because they just looked like really tiny adult guinea pigs, they weren't sort of a different shape to adults like puppies and kittens.

This thread is so funny :D

Hahaha aussie3 I was reading your post thinking omg a rabbit and a guinea pig actually had babies?!? Seems I'm as clever as a 7 year old...

OT but how cute are baby guinea pigs! I was amazed because they just looked like really tiny adult guinea pigs, they weren't sort of a different shape to adults like puppies and kittens.

This thread is so funny :D

Bahahahaha love it! I know they're adorable, little mini eggs of fluff!!

my earliest pets, being a girl on the farm, were lamzy [a lamb obviously] and poddy [an orphaned calf] and when they grew up, they were replaced with another lamzy and [less frequently] poddy...

as kids growing up we had two female undesexed cats named samantha and tabitha; they had numerous kittehs...

dad had a number of working dogs but i can't recall their names --- my brother tho had a gorgeous tan and white BC called deefa [as in 'd' for dog].

we had quite a few horses; 4 pacers, a family pony called taffy, stock horses called quinta, jackal and ceefa [as in 'c' for charlie].

the first house dog we had we called froofie and i later had a cat i called beau chat.

as a young adult, me and my OH had 2 red factor canaries named john and mary and when they died, we got a ginger cat we called thomas o'malley kat esq [he survived 19 years of life].

a year or 2 after tom, my OH bought me a siamese fighting fish that i called kosta fyva and then, having buried him ceremoniously in the front garden, we bought a tank and kept native freshwater fish; 2 archers we called archoo and archee, several blue marin that were collectively known as 'bluey' and numerous feeder gudgeon, all of which went unnamed [for obvious reasons] bar one that we had to name lucky because it survived everything else in the tank for quite a number months.

we now have bella who as a pup i nicknamed dopey dora [so glad she found her brake pedal] but today she is babygirlbella, bellaboo bubbalu missymoo and she responds to all.

we also have byron; lord byron if ya don't mind and his nicknames are babyboybyron, handsome, beedie bear and buddy.

and then there's bob, who went to the vet one day and came home a girl; bobbie therefore wasn't a stretch and she responds to bob, bobbie and precious.

:)

I just saw one of the top winning terriers in the US at the moment is called Branch... Lol

Zora is a bit of an unusual name and she gets Dora a lot. I did have one or two people tell me that was a stupid name but the I just tell them she is named in honor of my great grandma and that shuts them up!

There's an orphaned lamb at our farm I'm looking after at the moment called Plough. Because he was hit with one as a baby and survived. Plucky little thing even chased after it!

Weird names are the best! Love extremely human names and random inanimate objects :)

I once heard a lady call her dog down the park. "Stilletto" :laugh:

In my long list of potentional puppy names, some odd ones include Quiver, Jagger and Pi/Pie :p

My first very own pet was a guinea pig who I named Marmaduke! Unfortunately Harry the cat thought he was just a multi coloured rat, so RIP Marmy.....

We had numerous lambs - Dougal, Josie, Mitzie, Sophie, Cleo, CB (Cleos baby), Sarah!

My own pet sheep have had less humany names. Guppy!! Thanks OH.... Spinifex...

We have Shauna & Jackson atm.

Dogs have been a mix of normal & weird! Bunny probably the most non normal.

I also had s beautiful goose, Brian. I hand reared him and he was such a ratbag.

Funnily enough most of our pets names get morphed from their normal original to somewhat bizarre words that they have no trouble identifying with!!!

Our first RR was Miekah, but ended up as Gum!

Current one Zola is Gog!!! WTH???

One of our llamas has gone from Falea to Flea LOL.....

One of my cats (female) is named after Salvador Dali. I just use 'Dali' though and I think it suits her quite well.

My sister is the master of odd names and had two mice as a child called Nibip and Bipni. :confused: figure that one!

I'm quite sure she also named our old cat, Guzby. :laugh:

Not dogs - but friends think it is hilarious to come up with names for our llamas (especially after a few drinks).

So far they have

Cara - (car-a-lama)

Burg - burg- Lama

Dali - Dali-lama

Falsa - falsa-lama

It goes on - ha ha ha ha

For my next round of animals I was thinking Native Flora names - but I love the tea idea............

SO many clever people...........

• 10 months later...

I currently 'puppysit' for a lilac BC whose name is indigo moon.... Her big sister is magic holiday. Their two cats are mistress Natasha and princess panda.

I met a lab called sandwich and a Cav called psycho.

My dogs are Rocky, Sadie, Tess ( aka poo or tessticle) and Reggie (aka reg, Reginald, wedgie, potato, turd or returd)

The cats are misty( famega fat+mega, fatty or muu muu) calliope (callie, beanie or beanus) brutus (brutie, mr toot, tootie) and Angelo (angie, gello, jelly)

Not heaps strange compared to some of those.. but I have a customer who has a maltese X called 'Snot' lol. Another one that springs to mind is a customer with a lovely GR X Poodle called 'Goth'.. suits him so well! lol