Ridiculous/awesome Names

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to clip a black poodle called Vegemite, and a tiny maltese called Killer, the owners husband was a truckie and was away a lot, so she figured if she called out "Killer" any suspicous character would take off expecting a rotty or similar to come bounding to the front door. :laugh:

Not heard Vegemite before....I kind of like it :laugh:

Our dogs and cat have pretty normal names

Misty

Coco

Mishka

Molly

Although I wanted to call Misty "Snickerdoodle" OH said no :( sometimes I will say it though

I had next door neighbours who called their dog "DOG"

I am pretty proud of the names of my two. The saint is Juggernaut and the pugis Herbie: The Love Pug.

Love both those!

[from someone who has a Poppy, a Pansy, a Chelsea and a Fred and Ginger. I'm sticking to the botanical names from now on in, given a choice]

I want a whippet called Bitzer Maloney all skinny and boney and a Dachshund called Schnitzel Von Krum with a very low tum! ...... My daughter loves Hairy Mclary books! :-p

Oh and we have just named our new born rescue Cavalier puppys - Polly and Sukey (Polly put the kettle on, Sukey take it off again!) and Reuben and Morris (thanks to some DOLers!).

Edited by Whipitgood

I'm not that creative when I name my animals but some of the wierder ones are 'Chip' who is my current dog. He was named that as a puppy because the last thing we heard on our TV before he chewed through the power cable was a comedian yelling out 'Chip Noooo' - very fitting really so Chip it was.

My palomino horse was called 'Blonde Bimbo' and my other horse was called 'Maybe' as she was maybe a horse and maybe a pony (her size was in the middle).

The best i can think of is our old rabbit called "Bertha" she was a beast (aka dog rabbit).

Also have had a rabbit called "Nipples" it was originally "Nibbles" but nipples was way better

Now we have 2 cats : Maximillion and Pearl (aka Pearlene) and a puppy : Boris

Edited by Borja

OOOH! Some great name out there!

I just thought of a friends foal that I saw being born. Her blaze is a perfect spoon, so I insist that her name is spoon!lol. Though her 'real' name is Shakira...... fail.

LOL a friend of mine had a litter of pups and the biggest girl was a real pushy thing in the box, so I insisted she be called Dozer. Another friend ended up with her, but she now has a very respectable name of Abby.

I have a word document with potential future dog/puppy names. I quite like the unusual names.

I have Spirit, Lyric, Mystic, Luna and Baden, Olten, Falco, Balderik and Salome! Just to name a few. The first few are designated to Whippets, the last ones are Swiss names dedicated to my future WSSD! :thumbsup:

My sister had cats named Julius Sumner Miller, Socrates and Noble. Her current dog is called Wolf - try yelling that out at the park! I love goldfish and my fave was called Garry. He was a huge orange thing with air bags on the side of his eyes! I also had black moor godlfish called Tallulah and Beauregard. One of our chickens was called Lucky because she escaped death on several occassions relatively unscathed (sometimes bald!). We had nubian goats called Baa-Haa and George.

I think our strangest though was a rescue boy (corgi GSD cross) who came with the name Hey Dog. We later discovered he also liked to come to the names Gordon and Ian!

We adopted two Aussie Silkies which we promptly named Ren and Stimpy, Rennie is still going strong, a little senile, but we lost Stimpy a couple of years ago to illness. :(

Our dogs have real names but they all have nicknames too, we currently have a wolfhound who is referred to Ser Boofalot or just Boofie the wolfie, an Aussie Terrier whom has been nicknamed Otto because his favourite thing in the whole world is raiding the rubbish bins, a pitt x nicknamed Keg, because she is a keg on legs. She has very short legs so the rest of her looks out of proportion. They all answer to Oi! or Dogs.