Ridiculous/awesome Names

I did find an old thread on 'weird' names, but it was too old to post in :(

So I will start another one!

I work in Pet Supplies and we have a 'loyalty program' that has a spot for your pets names. Recently I was filling one in on the computer and got the the dog's name: TREE STUMP :rofl::confused: Then I remembered the people, they had a gorgeous little female B&T Kelpie with them! Interesting name choice!

I've also come across a Kelpie/BC named 'Mulch', a GSD called 'Adolf', a pair called 'Pickles' and 'Beanie' and a friend knew a lady whose BCs were 'Andrew' and 'Christopher', people always thought she was talking to her sons!

My dad wanted to call our BC x 'Weetbix' :confused:

I've always wanted to name my pets after diseases and then have cute 'short' names for them eg. Tuberculosis: Tubby. :o

I'm sure you guys have heard of other great/horrendous names :D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in Pet Supplies and we have a 'loyalty program' that has a spot for your pets names. Recently I was filling one in on the computer and got the the dog's name: TREE STUMP :rofl::confused: Then I remembered the people, they had a gorgeous little female B&T Kelpie with them! Interesting name choice!

I've also come across a Kelpie/BC named 'Mulch', a GSD called 'Adolf', a pair called 'Pickles' and 'Beanie' and a friend knew a lady whose BCs were 'Andrew' and 'Christopher', people always thought she was talking to her sons!

I've always wanted to name my pets after diseases and then have cute 'short' names for them eg. Tuberculosis: Tubby. :o

I love weird names, I had a german shepherd I called "Aspro" cause I knew he was going to be a headache (very headstrong dog) and called Ruff Nutt (He had ears all over the place as a puppy).

I currently have border collies named Chook, Diddy, Wizza and Styler. If you put the names together you get.... Chook, Diddy Wizz in Style :rofl: (not made up by me but my friends :rolleyes: ).

Oh by the way Styler was orignally going to be called "De Mas" as in "come here you dumb arse" :rofl: but since I do a sport where we get our names announced over a PA system I thought better of it.

Edited by BC4ME

I am proud to have named my GWP "Adi", in honour of my dad's colleague Adolf Rosslenbroich, who adopted the dog his stepdaughter had run over and injured, and who later left his estate to a dogs home.

Edited by gwp4me

Our dog on the farm was named Goose - he had an identity crisis when we got him, and that's all he would come to... he was known as The Goose by all our neighbours...

2 of my female Rotties were named Woosie and Blossom.

My current 3 girls are Zeddy, Trouble, and Pickles.

T.

My MIL has a cat called Charlotte the Harlet who has two daughters named Hester and Esther lol.

We had a cat named Chopsticks, she was a wild wee thing.

My brother had interesting names for his pets when he was small.....He had a duck named Plunker, a guinea pig named Coloured (because she was), and a cat he called Strawberry.

Edited by Aussie3

I have Zero Amadeus Apollo. I get a lot of people asking me if I'll be naming my next dog One.

My dad and grand-dad had some hilarious names for their working dogs. I'll have to crack out a list but I know they had Pickles, Birdie, Feather, Sheep-sheep and Model T. :laugh:

My current animals have the following-

Biggest dog - Magnum, after the calibre as I was shooting at the time competitively

Next smallest - Addy- as we couldnt think of a name and someone said 'attack dog' AD - addy

Poodle - Piper, cause I liked it

Smallest - Milo, he was already named

friends had pipers brother, and called him Noodle. thier 5 year old named him (Noodle the poodle with the big donky doodle)Thier last name was Murphy, I always thought Noodles Murphy sounded like a gangster........

The ducks are Ducky Dora and Tighty Whitey

The chooks are Blackie tail up, henny penny and Gavin the rooster, not sure why Gavin but thats what he is called.

A lady at work has 2 oodles called Gherkin and Junket.

I love weird names, I had a german shepherd I called "Aspro" cause I knew he was going to be a headache (very headstrong dog) and called Ruff Nutt (He had ears all over the place as a puppy).

I currently have border collies named Chook, Diddy, Wizza and Styler. If you put the names together you get.... Chook, Diddy Wizz in Style :rofl: (not made up by me but my friends :rolleyes: ).

Oh by the way Styler was orignally going to be called "De Mas" as in "come here you dumb arse" :rofl: but since I do a sport where we get our names announced over a PA system I thought better of it.

Thats so :rofl::rofl: i had to wait a min or to before I tried to reply. best we have done was Smooch for our second Boxer :)

James tends to get a reaction out of people. I've completely lost perspective on it though - it seems like a normal doggy name to me now.

My childhood rabbit was named Funny Bunny. I was a creative kid, obviously :laugh: