Ridiculous/awesome Names

Current bedwarmers are Fang the Greyhound, Tino the Lowchen and Roger the Stafford who named himself! :laugh:

Have had a wide variety of names....Buzz the black/tan American Cocker because bees and black and yellow (ie black and bright tan markings) and bees "buzz" :rolleyes:

Ybot because he came when I already had a dog named Toby....

Rosie Bucket the Devon Rex cat...

just to mention a few! ;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a cat i called custard!

it was a stray and i picked it up put it in a box and took it to school in grade 4 for a media project of interviewing your partner with their pet. Vicky asked me what his name was and i looked around looked on the box an it said custard so thats what his name was. well he was ginger :shrug:

i was going to take a Guinea pig but forgot til i was getting on the bus

Edited by Angeluca

My new import is called Donna, which I hate, so it gets changed to donut

:laugh: my first Stafford bitch was Olive when she arrived, I hated it so changed it to Dolly.

But here, it really doesn't matter what their "proper" names are because they get changed anyway. Fang is Fangles, Fangdog, Mangle, Long Nose and a few others. Tino is Onit, T-Man, Teapot and :o Teeny Weeny Little Peeny

Roger is Bogdog, Boggles, Dodger and his friends all know him as Woger!

:D

In the boarding kennels we worked at, we had a dog called "Nose Peg".

We also had a pair called "Numba One" and "Numba Two".

People seem to react in funny ways when I tell them that my puppy's name is "Myrtle". They either think it's awful or awesome. I think it's awesome, obviously. :laugh:

My first dog was called "MacDogald".

I have a Kamikaze, no guess how she got her name. As a bubba at show she would throw herself off a trolley or the vet table or anything else you were silly enough to place her on, land on her feet and keep going. Luckily as she gets older she is becoming more and more of a princess but she still clears my kitchen breakfast bar which is 4 foot high and two foot wide from a standing start without touching it. She is very cat like, very cheeky, full of attitude and extremely agile and could easily clear our six foot fences without touching them. Thankfully it has never occured to her to do so, she would much prefer to stay close to her loyal subjects so they can wait on her.

I also have Kato, not named after the tractor but after the indian tribe who tatooed their warpaint on, his grandsire is named Warpaint of course.

And I have Fergus, named after the Scottish man who was actually supposed to have him but was told by his wife on the day he was supposed to pick him up if he did she was leaving. Good thing that, he is of course now a multiple class in show and best in group winner.

My other two are Tikaani and Bundy which are quite normal :laugh:

One of our puppy buyers from our last litter has called their boy Bruce - I love it! Bruce the rottweiler :laugh:

Even better, I have a friend with a female shar-pei who is also called Bruce :laugh:

But here, it really doesn't matter what their "proper" names are because they get changed anyway.

Us too :laugh: Our dogs only get called their "proper" pet names when they're in trouble! Neo is Doodie Man, Radar is Gooby Dog, Feonix is Fee, Molly is Bubba Louie and Nova is Smooshy Face (or any number of rude names for when she does something naughty - which is most of the time)!

I also love random human names for dogs like a whippet at dog club called "Gary" :D

In my agility class there is a boxer called "Bryan" (maybe from Family Guy, I haven't asked) and at the end of our street we have a very lovely and very large Rottie named "Harold".

My Dad's actually quite creative when it comes to naming pets. He'd love a dog, but living circumstances for a good number of years have meant cats only.

In the past he's had

Mojo

MauMau

Jumping Jack Flash

and recently (which is not quite so creative) Miss Kitty and Mr Kat.

Our current lot are:

DOGS

Pixie LuluBelle

Smudge

Tango

Charlie

Spud

Moose

Phoenix

CATS

Peanut

Henry

Willow

Kitty Pickles

MINI PIGGIES

Poppy Porkchops

Truffles

The geese are collectively known as Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber (there are four of them and never in my life have I encountered such stoopid animals!)

The chooks are collectively "The Cackleberry Quintet"

and our rooster is Mr Frizzle.

I also love the name Bruce for a dog or cat, but as my father-in-law's name is Bruce, it may not go down so well :laugh:

I used to clip a black poodle called Vegemite, and a tiny maltese called Killer, the owners husband was a truckie and was away a lot, so she figured if she called out "Killer" any suspicous character would take off expecting a rotty or similar to come bounding to the front door. :laugh:

Thug - the sookiest Rottie I've ever met. We pinched this one and named a pup Thug, unfortunately he wasn't a keeper

Name, yep that's right they couldn't think of one

We had a black cat called Leonardo da Vinci when we were kids - I have no idea why! (This was years before the Da Vinci Code)

The most ridiculous name we had was Lassie, and she was an amstaff mix :laugh: She was a Christmas present, and I loved the Lassie movies, so breed wasn't going to get in my way! Mum was always so embarrassed calling out that name on the beach, and we got plenty of weird looks from people :laugh:

Then we have Charlie Brown, who is infact a girl...so people are always thinking I have a boy cat :o

I have Mistral who isn't named after a fan but a storm in southern france.

Also had, Elrond Grape the fish and Nightwish the cat and Slinky, Rasmus and Rammstein the rats.

My OH has had cats called Rope and Sneakers.

And my brother had a dog called Donut and a cat called Morning Rise (Opeth)

Edited by Bjelkier

My cousins used to have a black mini poodle called "Person" when I asked them why they called her that the youngest one replied "cause we brought her from a person". Naturally !!

What a logical answer from a 9 year old. :laugh: