Ridiculous/awesome Names

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Thundercleese, named after a giant planet-destroying cartoon robot, and it suits him real well! :D

Bones is the newest one, though she also answers to Stupidface, because she has SUCH a stupid face!

I had two mice a few years ago named Ladder and Chair.

So far though, I think our snakes take the cake for odd names. We have:

Mr Sparkles (female)

Pebbles

Norman (as in Bates, he is a very angry Olive python)

Slippery Gypsy (who went missing for 5 months after someone left her enclosure unlocked, but reappeared about 3 weeks ago in the lounge room no worse for wear :))

Tits Mcgee

Chocolate Bear

Lou Lasagne

I also have a massive male rat named Britney :)

There is a Boston Terrier in our dog park called Brooklyn - they REALLY wanted to call it Boston but decide it would be too silly, so figured another town would be okay :laugh:

(we got talking because I have a pug called Boston, and when I talk about him people always expect him to be a Boston terrier!)

I've probably posted some of these before.

Woody - budgie who liked to chew sticks and who was eventually killed by one!

Waddles - irritating, feet chewing duck

Hey Dog - corgi/GSD cross named by original owner who was a young, deaf boy. He also responded to Gordon and Ian. No idea why!

George and Ba-Ha - nubian goats

Talia and Beauregard - black moor goldfish

Randy - bubble eyed goldfish (and no he wasn't randy)

Ben the Bastard - nasty tabby cat

My younger sister has very strange cat and pet mouse naming standards. She has had Dr Julias Sumner Miller (she always used his full name), Socrates (Soccy), Noble and a range of other scientist/Nobel Prize winners names I can no longer remember. Most of them you couldn't even give a decent pet name to!

Hi! :happydance:

Slightly OT, but I was watching Bones and Thundercleese have Thursday afternoon dogfights in the yard a few minutes ago, and Bones actually bit her own tongue hard enough to make herself yelp.

Such a stupidface!! I still love her though :p

Mum had a cat called Sebastian. He went and got desexed and my brother called him dooverless, which stuck and he was called that forever more. My brother always said we he's got no doovers- he thinks he is very funny , sigh :)

my dogs don't have odd names but I work in a kennel and get some odd ones... just recently we had a dog named "Cornfed" :laugh: we have a dog named "Mugwai" and a pair of dogs called "Klynk" and "Spankee", we have a Shepherd x called "Dax"(Dax Shepherd lol) and an Am Eskimo called "Quinn" (Quinn the Eskimo-a popular local store).

how about an oddly popular name? "Tosca" everyone's ego's get so deflated when my response to their dogs name is "seriously? ANOTHER one?" lol they think they are so original but I know more dogs named Tosca then dogs named lucy :confused: