Bee's At Work

k9angel

We have this huge tree next door that hangs over our fence. The bee's like to get on it and the buzzing sound is almost deafening at times, like today. :o

The majority are the bigger one's but there were a few smaller native one's I spotted.

It was fascinating to watch them working away. They can get quiet aggressive too. I noted a few disputes over prime pollen spots. :laugh:

And I swear at one stage they were deliberately swooping towards my face but just before they'd make contact, they'd fly to the side or above my head.

It was a bit of a challenge taking the pics as there was a breeze blowing and the lens would go in and out of focus so I had to be quick. :laugh:

I am thinking I need to get a good macro lens as I like to get close ups of bugs and flowers and things, but not sure where to start or what to get? any suggestions guys? :)

Oh and I even managed to get one bee to pose for the camera. :laugh:

As you can probably tell, I am having lots of fun taking pics & getting to know my camera. :)

7095399307_dd2d3ecdb1_z.jpg

7095409473_bed285fe0d_z.jpg

7095421591_fa7e275153_z.jpg

7095494305_d33f05d0d1_z.jpg

And my fav pic... the poser. I swear he stopped to look at the camera. :laugh:

7095472321_3bbb0d2e7f_z.jpg

ETA spelling

Edited by k9angel

Jeepers you've done really well! What sort of tree is that?

Thankyou Kirislin. :)

I am not sure what sort of tree it is - whatever it is, the bee's just love it. :laugh:

I will get a pic of it tommorow, someone here might know what it is. :)

Cool shots, love the last one too, great capture :thumbsup:

I only have experience of the Macro lens I have, a Tamron 60mm, but I absolutely love it :D

Can't remember if you are in the Canon or Nikon camp, but here's a link with both...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Tamron+AF+60mm+Lens&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

If you click on the 500px link in my signature and go to the macro page, all pics there are taken with the Tamron 60mm.

eta - beware link contains spiders :laugh:

Edited by CrazyCresties