Million Paws Walk 2012

Does anyone here on DOL participate in this event? As I understand it, there are lots of mixed feelings on DOL regarding the RSPCA so I was just wondering if people are getting involved this year.

Edited for spelling!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to do it in Melbourne this year. My mum my sister my 10yr old nephew and my 4 pooches. We have been for the last 5 years and always have a great time, the dogs love it too.

Edited by tlc

Dog used to love it but last time we went finding a car park was a nightmare even getting there early and someone had a dog that threw up about 4 times on the way around so must have been sick with something yet the owner walked the whole distance instead of thinking to stop and take the dog home. Luckily it was a cool day and mine had no interest in the shared water as that dog was somewhere up front. We no loner live close by And these days the dog gets worn out by her morning walk anyway which includes offlead time.

Guest donatella

Was going to but i'd rather put my funds towards a smaller rescue group and walk my dog elsewhere :thumbsup:

We will be at the one in Canberra, but as part of a flyball comp. It is a normal competition for us, it just happens to run alongside the walk to promote the sport and give the public something to look at.

I have done it a few times but only ever at small country walks (once at Katoomba and once at Kempsey). Too many incompetent idiots for my liking :)

We seen a pig one year, he had a bandana on, so cute, I have a photo somewhere of the pig with my dogs, they weren't sure what to make of him.

I must say each year we have been (twice to Melbourne, one to Sale and twice to Warrnambool) the dogs have all been very well behaved and we have seen no incidents. Touch wood this year is the same!

Guest Willow

I went one year and my dogs found it too stressful, with all the dogs in close proximity, so we decided to give it a miss after that. If my dogs loved it I would be going however.

We go most years, because the message coming across at the event I go to is very positive, focussed on responsible dog ownership and giving rescue dogs a chance, whether they come from the RSPCA or not. The dog related activities on show are very interesting as well.

The other one we used to go to is Bark in the Park. One year my dog was the worst behaved dog there so we stopped going. Oh the shame!

Was going to but i'd rather put my funds towards a smaller rescue group and walk my dog elsewhere :thumbsup:

Well done, better to donate to a worthy charity, rather than put money into an organisation that promotes & carries out the killing of innocent dogs.