Introducing Rolf!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! He certainly has personality! :laugh:

He's also just cracked the 60 kilo mark so we're quite happy with his weight gain. It's been difficult because he's quite fussy so have been learning what he'll eat, what he'll turn his nose up at, and what won't stay down or will rush through. Have now settled on chicken mince, kibble and lots of chicken necks! He has maybe 5-8 more kilos still to gain. :)

You can see his ribs quite clearly in the beach shots that were taken a month ago by Over it Photography, but in the salt flats photos taken this weekend, his ribs are covered. He does have a bit of a hollow look though as he hadn't eaten for 24 hours before the photos were taken 'cos he was feeling a bit funny in the tummy. I had tried to give him beef mince mixed with the chicken during the week but have now learned it's not worth it. Chicken he wants, chicken he gets.:laugh:

PJs made by D&D dog coats - one of our very own talented DOL members.:)

Rolf just adores his warm polar fleece jarmies - we affectionately refer to this one as his clown suit - fabric chosen so he'd be easy to see at night.

DSCF1015.jpg

I think this one's stylish enough to be seen in public! But it hasn't been cold enough during the day yet.

DSCF1005.jpg

I keep reading the thread title aa ROFL :laugh:

Congrats again Horty, seems like it was meant to be.

me too!!

Horty the photo where you say he looks like a kangaroo, we in the whippet world reckon that is more like a velociraptor, we think our dogs are actually what T-Rex evolved into. Modern day downsizing.

• 2 weeks later...

PJs made by D&D dog coats - one of our very own talented DOL members.:)

Rolf just adores his warm polar fleece jarmies - we affectionately refer to this one as his clown suit - fabric chosen so he'd be easy to see at night.

DSCF1015.jpg

I think this one's stylish enough to be seen in public! But it hasn't been cold enough during the day yet.

DSCF1005.jpg

:love: Omg love the look of Rolf ... Especially in his leopard print jacket :love::love:

Horty the photo where you say he looks like a kangaroo, we in the whippet world reckon that is more like a velociraptor, we think our dogs are actually what T-Rex evolved into. Modern day downsizing.

:laugh:

Chezy, yes I've sent a few emails and photos in the first few weeks to let them know their boy is in good hands and is well loved (and maybe just a little spoiled, but in a good way!) They didn't really ask but I sent them anyway. Haven't sent an email for a while now though, was a bit busy and let it slide but that happens anyway, I'm sure they don't expect emails for life.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. He is an absolute sweetheart. :)

He's 61 kilos now. Some days he just flatly refuses to eat, just looks at his bowl with an expression of distaste or backs away from it as if I'm trying to poison him, strange boy, so it's hard to get the weight on him but we're getting there slowly.

Horts, he is just perfect! I want himcrying.gifworship.gifworship.gif

Haha Kaz! Not a chance my dear! :D The boy is adored here and is not going anywhere! Plus, he and Ella have become inseparable. :heart:

Liebs, he flatly refused lamb flaps. I've tried everything! I'm happy, he's put on 5 kilos in 7 weeks so it's all good. His weakness is chicken necks so I just supplement his meals with chicken necks regularly and it's gradually working.

Naughty Rolf borrowed my laptop today, went online shopping and got himself some more jarmies. How he managed the keyboard with those big feet I don't know but he decided he wanted blue jarmies with monkeys on... I knew I shouldn't have shown him the D&D dog coats facebook page! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

These are the jarmies Rolf ordered for himself...

DSCF1086.jpg

Of course since then I have decided he needed another 'going out' outfit in case it's cold and I fell for a brown print with dogs and bones on it (photo to come)

This is the squeaky Moose toy that Rolf decided to pick off the shelf in Petstock. He is usually very good but he just LOVED this moose! He pulled it right off its hook! Its squeaker sounds more like a duck's quack. He had half the people there in stitches walking around the shop holding his new toy in his mouth and squeaking!

DSCF1072.jpg

And this is Rolf refusing to eat his dinner... I don't normally follow him around with his bowl but I wanted to show you how OFFENDED he is when you offer him food at times. "I'm not eating THAT!!" Could he get any further into the corner of his couch? Or any more upright? :laugh:

DSCF1032.jpg

Edited by hortfurball