Tiny Pony Time!

WoofnHoof

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely clipping job Woof, you've done that before! Glad I didn't clip, we are just getting the freezing wind and heavy rain again, and they are hanging onto their winter coats still.

OSS, with clipping and mane pulling for miniature ponies, it's another of those Shetland/Mini complicated rules areas, you can't show as a Shetland in the same year that you do as a Miniature (assuming dual registration). And I think with a Miniature Pony anything goes with grooming presentation, it's up to the judge: but in Shetland classes there is no clipping or mane/tail pulling allowed. Yet a Shetland in a miniature class is generally shown "all natural" against clipped miniatures without prejudice. But if they are not under APSB or AMHA rules, say in colour classes or open, then again anything goes for the show-ring.

Thanks PC its probably not a good enough clip for the show ring but it looks alright from a distance and most of the lines have grown out :) We haven't had any really cold weather lately it's been quite nice of a day but still fairly cool of a night, but TP has a fair few rugs now so even if it gets cold again he'll be ok, I got him the cutest little rug with stars on it from kingstons I'll have to get a pic of him wearing it so gorgeous :D

Can't call him tiny tim I'm afraid I know a dog called tiny tim :) His colour will hopefully come out with his summer coat you can see a hint of where the splashes are but a lot of pallies go quite pale over winter and some never really darken up much, time will tell whether he gets a gold pally colour or stays more of a creamy colour.

Love the tiny pony tantrum...wish you hadoit in video hehe! I actually had a young horse that would throw herself on the ground in protest of going on the float, not quite as cute!!

Must say his brushed mane reminds me of Kylie Minogue in the 80'd. Haha!!

Such a cute little dude!

Very exciting times for tiny pony today he got a little friend :D Her name is Mini World Sapphire she is a gorgeous 13 year old mare, poor TP copped a couple of boots learning all about personal space (especially at dinnertime!) which was a bit scary but he is ok and she will be a very good influence for him. He does appear to know he's a colt though so he's in for the chop very soon! :eek:

Making a nuisance of himself:

img2338hi.jpg

img2406zo.jpg

img2424m.jpg

Pretty girl :)

img2392ok.jpg

img2395qr.jpg