What Silly Things Is Your Dog/dogs Scared Of?

mantis

After some of the replies in the toilet thread & seeing some dogs are scared of the dark, I wondered if there are any other silly fears dogs have.

Kenny had two, he was terrified of squeaky toys, he would run away & hide trembling in fear. Also, I had a little toy figurine of Kyle from South Park, that when you pushed the button it said, "You bastard, you killed Kenny", again the same reaction from my Kenny. Seeing a big dog run away terrified of little toys was hilarious, though probably not to him. :scared:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lili developed a fear of the sound of soft drink bottles being opened, the shhhhh noise. It started a few months ago and we have no idea what caused it :confused: . We thought maybe she had come across a snake/lizard that had hissed at her, but we are in a very suburban area so it's not really likely. But other than that we can't think of anything!

She is getting much better, but for a while she would walk out of the room if I picked up a soft drink bottle! :confused:

Mosley has been scared of puppies in the past :laugh: he's almost 100 pounds in weight but let a Lab puppy near him and he gets all scared and precious *rolleyes*

My dog is scared of the sliding door and sliding windows in our house (ok, they bug me too - they're freaking loud) and he used to be scared when I'd shake clothes when I hang them out. Also scared of hoses, ropes, horse whips confused.gif doesn't like the sound of us chopping wood (probably too much like a whip cracking/thunder/etc.)

When I was living in the city for a little while and took him for walks he'd nearly crap himself every time a car drove past.....so yeah with cars driving past constantly that was pretty frustrating rofl1.gif

Kuma runs away when we pull up the blind to our sliding door, but only that one - none of the other blinds in the house (which are all the same).

He used to be scared of alfoil, especially if we were getting a bit off the roll... but he seemed to grow out of that one.

Ziggy is not afraid of storms or fireworks at all. In fact he has been known to sit out in the middle of a thunder storm...

He is scared of some men, even more so if they have a hood, beanie or cap on.

He is also scared of things he hasn't seen before.. This morning it was large white linen bags.. On our walk we passed a truck that delivers linen in big white bags.. He wouldn't walk past them and just dropped to the ground...

He doesn't like swearing at all either.. He sneaks out of the room if all the lads are here and they start swearing at the football..

He is a pound rescue and when we first got him he was so scared that he wouldn't even come to us..

One can only wonder what the first 6 months of his life was like..

Elsie hates getting into cars parked on our drive way or on our street. She is PETRIFIED. She does go in without a hassle, but is very, very scared. No problem getting in or out of cars when we are anywhere else though.

The funniest fear I have ever heard of was bacon. :rofl: A work colleague had a tough little entire male Maltese who ruled the roost over their male Lab and another dog but became a quivering wreck if anyone got bacon out of the fridge or even if he could smell it. He was scared of the sound of it cooking and eventually became scared of the associated smell as well.

Obi is scared of the smell of burning. Like if I'm using the oven and something dripped the last time I used it and there is even the faintest smell of burning, he runs and hides and shivers violently, and won't calm down until the smell is gone.

Poo.Stan doesn't like poo.He will go out of his way to avoid a poo if he sees one on our walk.I picked up Maddie from the vet recently and took Stan along for the drive.Maddie did a poo in the car(she has never done this before) and Stan was trying to climb over the seat and out the window.As the electric window was going up he hooked his teeth over the the window in a last desperate attempt to escape the poo.

lol hilarious.

aside from the usual (thunder, fireworks, vacuum cleaners) panto's scared of the wind and slamming doors, will move mountains to get away from them. Oh and the camera flash (if it's not a photo of her)... i think the light reflecting inside from the windows makes it look like lightning and she associates this with thunderstorms. Bit of a tough one as I like to take photos of my food a fair bit!

Drains. Whenever we go for a walk & she sees a drain she literally stops, digs in her heels and won't move.

I was crossing a busy road with her once & there wasn't a drain in site. She froze and cars were coming so I had to pick her up & carry her :laugh:

Lili developed a fear of the sound of soft drink bottles being opened, the shhhhh noise. It started a few months ago and we have no idea what caused it :confused: . We thought maybe she had come across a snake/lizard that had hissed at her, but we are in a very suburban area so it's not really likely. But other than that we can't think of anything!

She is getting much better, but for a while she would walk out of the room if I picked up a soft drink bottle! :confused:

Mosley has been scared of puppies in the past :laugh: he's almost 100 pounds in weight but let a Lab puppy near him and he gets all scared and precious *rolleyes*

Our dog is the same! Except in our case we know why. She just happened to be in the way when a fizzed up bottle of soda water was opened and got drenched with it :rofl:

Eva isn't really scared of anything at home, but on a walk, some wheeley bins are scarey and at christmas time a house down the road has a blow up santa that lights up. She almost tripped me one night trying to get away from Santa! :D

Issy is terrified of those rocking animals in children's playgrounds she gives them a very wide berth,both her and Alfie do not like sneezes either. Neither are afraid storms or fireworks,but Issy gets very cross at the fireworks and rushes to the deck to see them off.