Rest In Peace Charlotte

Sankari

This morning i gave my beautiful Golden Retriever her wings. Can't say everything i would like to so for now I will just post a couple photos.

Run Free Charlotte, we will always love you. Now you are pain free and not suffering anymore from the horrible disease.

:rainbowbridge: R.I.P Charlotte

post-21332-0-17003400-1342870605_thumb.jpg

post-21332-0-88204000-1342870693_thumb.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss LucyCharzie.

Run free Charlotte my girls loved playing with you and were a little jealous of your ability to swim and retrieve the ball they wanted.

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

Edited by Evolving

I have not been able to get Charlotte out of my mind since I heard about her passing yesterday. :cry: She was such a beautiful girl and it is so sad that she is gone.

My thoughts are with you and your family as you come to terms with such a great loss. Rest easy Charlotte. :rainbowbridge:

Thank you for the replies, messages and support. Charlotte was indeed a beautiful girl. She had an auto-immune disease she had been fighting for 13 months. with medication she was under control and able to lead a normal life. Until recently she had been going really good for a while.. then she suddenly had a downfall in health. She become extremely underweight, and all efforts and tests etc etc just didnt help her, we noticed about 10 days ago she was not only losing condition, but she had become lethargic, very unsettled at times and tender in the lower back. We decided to increase her medication level up to keep her a little more comfortable. Then one morning she was breathing very strangely, very fast and unsettled. We rushed her over to her vet, he did some bloods on her and they came back alright though her white cells were down quite a bit. Chest xrays showed she had a infection on her lungs.

We were sent home to keep her comfortable and happy. She continued to worsen and become incontinent and couldnt get up off the floor without assistance. so we then made the decision based on seeing her giving up that it was time to say goodbye to her.

I feel we made the decision at the right time. She was a beautiful girl and i will always remember the beautiful girl she was not only in looks, but her temperament i could not fault. She was always happy. If you gave her a oval to run off lead in or water she would choose the water (even better if there were ducks in there!) She was a complete waterbaby she would even try and swim in puddles :rofl: you just couldnt get her out of the water. she simply loved swimming.

Love you Charlotte, always in my heart.

dogmad: it was extremely heartbreaking losing her at not quite 7 years old, she deserved a long, happy, healthy life. I do think she gave all the love she could in the 5 years she lived with us (she came to us when she was almost 2 years old). Our 6 month old Lappie puppy is coping relatively well. shes been pining a little but not too bad. shes mostly just been searching for her other than that shes been pretty good which is a huge relief.

:hug: Run free beautiful girl, it was a pleasure to have met you when I did. My thoughts are with you Nicole - I know we've only met once but you and Charlotte keep crossing my mind, and my boyfriend Dase was also devastated when I told him, and he passes on his condolances too.