Can I Ask For Some Prayers For My Furbaby?

esky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate everyone's kind words - it is nice to hear some think I do a wonderful job but I really don't do anything different to everyone else.

I actually do a lot less as I only have to focus on my own as I don't have a rescue to run or the heartbreak of going to pounds etc.

As far as that goes, I idolise groups like Senior Dog Rescue who do the work of angels. I do try to help other rescue groups where I can (transport, donations etc) but I know I don't have the emotional strength or the input that others do.

It is a blessing though to have the oldies I have & with each one that comes here so does the love.

Number one, looking at your pics does seem like you have your own rescue, just a permanent one ; P, also by recognising your strengths and weaknesses you help - too many people don't think about what it takes to do full on rescue and over commit themselves.

You say you are blessed to have them, well they are also truly blessed to have you. Which i'm sure they show you each day in that special doggy way :)

All paws and fingers here are crossed for you.

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie

I want to let you know that my thoughts are with you and Penny too, Esky!

Your family of pekes is gorgeous and Penny is such a pretty girl -- fancy saying you've got no time for a dog after 6 years :eek::(

You have a lot to be proud of in giving these oldies such a great retirement; no matter how old they get, they all deserve continual love.

I wish Penny all the best and i send you my love. :hug:

I really appreciate everyone's kind words - it is nice to hear some think I do a wonderful job but I really don't do anything different to everyone else.

I actually do a lot less as I only have to focus on my own as I don't have a rescue to run or the heartbreak of going to pounds etc.

As far as that goes, I idolise groups like Senior Dog Rescue who do the work of angels. I do try to help other rescue groups where I can (transport, donations etc) but I know I don't have the emotional strength or the input that others do.

It is a blessing though to have the oldies I have & with each one that comes here so does the love.

I've only just found this thread but I do want to contribute to it.

Esky we have never met but I feel certain that you are underestimating yourself. You say you don't do anything different to everyone else. I think you are wrong. You are prepared to give these lovely dogs another chance at a good life. If everyone did this we wouldn't need rescues.

These dogs are blessed to have you and the love you obviously give them. Don't ever sell yourself short.

In closing I wish a speedy return of Penny and that you both have a long future together.

Just updating.......Penny had to stay at the emergency vets again today & tonight as she wasn't coping well off the oxygen. They are trying to lower the frusemide amount gradually so they can try weaning her off the oxygen again.

I did get to see her briefly this afternoon & she looked ok but was lightly sedated. Her oxygen levels were getting better but she was still being supplemented so not sure how that works??? She still hadn't wanted to eat but was drinking.

I convinced them to let me back in tonight to visit & she was looking brighter. They still had the nasal oxygen in but are hoping to get her off by the morning if possible. If not she will be transferred back to my regular vet for the day then not sure what we do :(

Good news is she ate something for me :happydance: I tried everything from chicken to wet dog food but wouldn't even look at it. I then tried her favourite chicken stick treats & she ate some of those. Mightn't be the best thing in the world but the vets were very happy anyway. They are made with real chicken & don't have salt etc so better than nothing I think. I am hoping it will make her feel like something else.

I even got to sit her on my lap & have cuddles for 10 minutes which was like I was holding her for the first time all over again. It is amazing that even one day away from them makes them all new again when you see them.

I hope she feels better seeing me cause I know I feel so much better for it. After losing one I never got to say goodbye to at least I have seen her & told her I loved her tonight in case.

I guess we just now need to keep the positive thoughts & prayers going that she can come off oxygen by tomorrow & come home. I don't want to think about it if she can't cope without the oxygen as I know I will have to make a dreaded decision :cry:

Thanks again for all your support & thanks Lillypilly for the thoughtful phone call today - it sure helped to talk to someone.

Edited by esky

Update thia morning......they haven't been able to wean her off oxygen & she has vomited a few times :cry:

I have to go pick her up & transport her to my regular vets for the day.

There has been no improvement overnight so am so worried - I am scared & don't want to lose her. I don't think they can do anymore.

Have just got back from taking my baby to my vets. They will keep trying to wean her off the oxygen through the day.

The emergency vet said it isn't looking good as she should have been able to come off by now. She has sicked up the only food she has had & has had to be given medication for her tummy & sedation.

I don't know what to do :cry: My heart hasn't even begun to heal from losing three other babies in the last 18 months (one only a few months ago).

I don't know how long to keep trying - what if I make the decision & all she needed was more time?

I just also don't understand why her when she hasn't been sick a day since I got her? How did she go from normal to this overnight with no warning signs?

I have to find a way to bring her home even if just for a moment. I can't say goodbye at the vets again.

Esky, I don't very often post, but just want to say you are doing a wonderfull job looking after those beautiful furbys.the photos are gorgeous too.

I do so hope penny gets well, thinking of you both, hugs.

Oh Esky. I've been reading and following with no words. I'm sorry to hear she isn't improving. :( It must be so hard after losing your other bubs. But I'm sure you'll know if the time is right for her to go. If worst comes to worst would the vets let you bring her home for a little while, and then make a house call so she could stay at home with you?

Huge hugs to you both.

Edited by Alyosha